Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FA Cup Final 2012 - Liverpool Vs Chelsea

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What the predictions guys almost there, the best cup in england and will always will be. Lets have the team news, any interesting stats and what does everyone think about torres, a potential goal against his former club, maybe a hat-trick as he's almost hit top form.

Lets go guys 3-2-1 let it begin...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've lost track of this lol. What date's the final? I reckon Chelsea will be too strong. Liverpool have been really poor recently, not sure how they even got to the final in the first place.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan Grant)
    Liverpool have been really poor recently, not sure how they even got to the final in the first place.
    By beating Man United, Oldham, Stoke and Everton?

They won the League cup and could do it here, Chelsea have been doing much better but that might not mean much tbh.

Just hope Liverpool can go out there with a fighting spirit and match anything Chelsea throws at 'em and win it. Cup double would be good enough.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope chelsea beat liverpool then end up losing to bayern in the cl final.
    May make this season less of a disappointment if city win the league
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan Grant)
    I've lost track of this lol. What date's the final? I reckon Chelsea will be too strong. Liverpool have been really poor recently, not sure how they even got to the final in the first place.
    Its this Saturday 5th May, me neither can't believe their in the final hope they loose.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool made a meal out of beating Cardiff for the tin cup, can't see them wining this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    liverpool have been poor. They beat Cardiff on pens, Man Utd, Everton, Stoke they only beat them by 1 goal. Oldham was a lower league side. The only reason why they were in the final of league cup was because kenny put a strong team out even against Exeter.

Chelsea have a better squad, are in the cl final, are fighting for 4th, so they are better position than liverpool. liverpool have been very poor this season overall. so i think a chelsea win, and kenny to be sacked.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Chelsea play anything like they did last night then Liverpool should win easily however, if they play like have in the CL then they will cause Liverpool problems.

Should be a great game.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neither team is exactly in brilliant form, for all Chelsea's Champions League heroics, they've been a bit lacklustre in the PL, and Liverpool have looked like they wish the season was over already. I anticipate a really dull match.
    Or, you know, a 6-5 thriller.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    If Chelsea play anything like they did last night then Liverpool should win easily however, if they play like have in the CL then they will cause Liverpool problems.

Should be a great game.
    There's no chance the dippers will see of Chelsea with ease. We made Chelsea look poor but we've get far better players than Liverpool in just about every position.

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think it's very 50/50. Both teams to be quite cagey and a mistake or a moment of brilliance to settle it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool on pens as per.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The day is finally here Saturday 5th May 2012, Fa Cup Final day, lets have the team news in, should bellamy start up or would he go for the usual play Kyut. Should torres start?? lets go guys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame that people care more about finishing in the top 4 than they do about the FA cup final. Modern football is ****.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    It's a shame that people care more about finishing in the top 4 than they do about the FA cup final. Modern football is ****.
    I can't agree more with you there mate, the spirit of the F.A Cup is gone, a few decades ago or just a few years ago, it meant a lot to be in the F.A Cup and thats all gone, many are treating the FA Cup as the Carling cup, footballs certainly changed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fahim711)
    I can't agree more with you there mate, the spirit of the F.A Cup is gone, a few decades ago or just a few years ago, it meant a lot to be in the F.A Cup and thats all gone, many are treating the FA Cup as the Carling cup, footballs certainly changed
    Added to the fact it's now played at 5pm midway through the league season. The whole thing is ****ed as far as i'm concerned, it's a shame.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    God forbid people care about the massive reputation and financial benefits of finishing in the top four rather than this cup...

.... 0.o
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only five hours left!!!!

:bebored:
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    What channel is it on and what time is kick off guys?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    God forbid people care about the massive reputation and financial benefits of finishing in the top four rather than this cup...

.... 0.o
    That's precisely my point, you get a better 'reputation' for finishing inside the top 4 than you do winning the FA cup. I bet you'd rather finish fourth (not win the league, that's obviously different) than below but grab the domestic double. Teams like Arsenal only want to get into the top 4 so that they can cover their arses for another season. It's a joke.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.