Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Applying with a parent's bank account?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm applying online for student finance, but I don't have my own personal bank account - due to banks wanting proof of ID and mine hasn't arrived after sending off for it a couple of months ago. Could I apply with my parent's bank account instead and then change the bank details when I have my ID and a bank account? Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You have to apply with your own bank details or your finance would end up getting blocked. Best bet is to submit the application without bank details (which you can do) then update them online in the 'update bank details' tab when you have them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Start your own bank account?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentfinanceguru)
    You have to apply with your own bank details or your finance would end up getting blocked. Best bet is to submit the application without bank details (which you can do) then update them online in the 'update bank details' tab when you have them.
    Brilliant, I'll do that. Thank you very much. I sent off for urgent ID by paying extra but I was a little worried about the looming deadline.

@M4LLY; Tried with many different banks. All of them refused without ID, which I don't have. No passport either.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aRubberDuck)
    Brilliant, I'll do that. Thank you very much. I sent off for urgent ID by paying extra but I was a little worried about the looming deadline.

@M4LLY; Tried with many different banks. All of them refused without ID, which I don't have. No passport either.
    Why can't you get a copy of your birth certificate? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shani)
    Why can't you get a copy of your birth certificate? :confused:
    I do. I was told that it's not proof of identification whereever I tried to open an account.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aRubberDuck)
    I do. I was told that it's not proof of identification whereever I tried to open an account.
    passport, driving licence, photographic bus pass, you must have something!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Banks are frustrating over ID these days - however I took my teenage kids into my own bank and with minimal ID (for them) and evidence of my own bank account they were both able to open accounts.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.