Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Open Day

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Having believed that all open days were closed, I received an email from target jobs informing me that Edwards Wildman Palmer were still taking applications.

Now, I am not 100% sure that they are a firm that I want to apply for a training contract with, but an open day there would really put me in a much stronger position. However, on the application form you have to specify whether you want to apply for the training contract, the open day or both. Do you think that selecting the open day on its own would put me at a disadvantage? Or do you think I should go for both and adopt the 'what have I got to lose' mentality?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they are provding you the training contract to you in this recession time then i think its a good offer by for you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not just apply for the TC? If you realise you don't want to apply to the firm after the open day you could withdraw your application.

Although if you get invited to the interview (which wouldn't be guaranteed anyway) you might as well go, for a few reasons. The market is not great now obviously, you might change your mind after attending the interview and interacting with the partners, and at any rate, it's a way to practise your interview skills.

I went to the Edwards Open Day myself last year and had an invite for the TC interview a few months later (but couldn't attend as was in Asia).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 25, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.