Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

David Cameron: "The time has come for gay couples to marry"

Announcements Posted on
Will you get the grades you need for uni? Get prepared today and de-stress, sign up to email alerts for course places! 02-06-2015
Waiting on IB results? Our IB results hub explains everything you need to know 01-06-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    He's basically reaffirming his support to this cause. Personally I think it's going to be legalised in the near future. Thoughts?

Read it here

I found the news on a Twitter trend, and there are other articles online if you question the reliability.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    A positive step forward. Finally society is becoming more rational.
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic, possibly one of the only half witted things I've heard him say.
  4. Online

ReputationRep:
    Good.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    'I support gay marriage because I am a Conservative' -LMAO one of the most contradictory clown statements I've ever seen hahahaha
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    David Cameron: "The time has come for gay couples to marry"
    Do we have to?
  7. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NB_ide)
    Do we have to?
    Do we have to what?
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I like that our right-wing politicians are even more progressive than America's left. Makes me proud of Britain.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Do we have to what?
    Get married...
  10. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NB_ide)
    Get married...
    No.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing to say the least.

If by granting gays marriage rights increases their willingness to "come out", then I can see nothing good or progressive in this. I fear that the social pressure will inevitably increase, and the statistics for depression and suicides will also be higher.

For a mere title, it was/is not worth it.

Edit: read before you judge (and be objective)
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badcheesecrispy)
    'I support gay marriage because I am a Conservative' -LMAO one of the most contradictory clown statements I've ever seen hahahaha
    Their economically conservative not socially conservative.

(Original post by Happydude)
    I like that our right-wing politicians are even more progressive than America's left. Makes me proud of Britain.
    It's not really democrats fault. It's only recently that America's public support for gay marriage outweigh their opposition to it. Support for gay marriage has risen by 20% in 16 years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's past between the next 10 years. I don't think democrat politicians oppose it.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)

If by granting gays marriage rights increases their willingness to "come out", then I can see nothing good or progressive in this. I fear that the social pressure will inevitably increase, and the statistics for depression and suicides will also be higher.

You've made me disslike organised religion a percentage more, as you're Islamic.

Spoiler:
    Show
    And I'm a Christian
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    He's doing this for votes. It is as plain as the scar on Helen Mirren's cheek.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    He's changed his tune. Not so long ago, I heard he was regretting it all. At last, a second tory (after the legendary Winston Churchill, who is the only tory that I will EVER admire) is making a good decision and good progress.
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happydude)
    :rolleyes:

Except that many areas - which consist of about the same population and size of the UK combined - have already passed same-sex marriage in the US, not least being New York State. Thus, the UK is hardly "more progressive" yet; particularly as a bill hasn't even been introduced, let alone been passed, which is not a sure thing given the resistance the proposal has met.
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    It's not really democrats fault. It's only recently that America's public support for gay marriage outweigh their opposition to it. Support for gay marriage has risen by 20% in 16 years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's past between the next 10 years. I don't think democrat politicians oppose it.
    Fair enough. I often forget that their job hinges on the votes of the American public... I'm not even going to start.
  18. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)

If by granting gays marriage rights increases their willingness to "come out", then I can see nothing good or progressive in this. I fear that the social pressure will inevitably increase, and the statistics for depression and suicides will also be higher. [Citation Needed]

What the hell are you going on about? Evidence to back up your hate is required. And no, your irrelevant religious scripture does not qualify as qualitative proof.
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MirandaPanda)
    :rolleyes:

Except that many areas - which consist of about the same population and size of the UK combined - have already passed same-sex marriage in the US, not least being New York State. Thus, the UK is hardly "more progressive" yet; particularly as a bill hasn't even been introduced, let alone been passed, which is not a sure thing given the resistance the proposal has met.
    I think that it is down to differences in how our countries are governed, rather than reluctance to allow it.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    About bloody time!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

New on TSR

Improving your uni offer

Why now is the time to think about Adjustment

Useful resources
x

Think you'll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you're studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.