The Student Room Group

If you had these A levels, what would apply for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Misslassenza
yeh true thanks..

Have hope! :yy:
Reply 21
As people have already said, economics/management/etc and/with a language would open up quite a lot of doors for you in the future! Especially if you can get on a course with either a year abroad or a placement year.

Don't know if it's possible to study this but international relations and/with Arabic would seem like something you might be interested in.

I'd say definitely make use of the fact that you can speak Arabic and try to get a course with years abroad or in industry. Good luck :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Lintu93
As people have already said, economics/management/etc and/with a language would open up quite a lot of doors for you in the future! Especially if you can get on a course with either a year abroad or a placement year.

Don't know if it's possible to study this but international relations and/with Arabic would seem like something you might be interested in.

I'd say definitely make use of the fact that you can speak Arabic and try to get a course with years abroad or in industry. Good luck :smile:

yes true, and I actually speak little french because I'm tunisian ,its considered my second language after Arabic. Most people here think I'm too stupid or my Bs (in AS) aren't good enough for Pharmacy so ill consider international relations.
Reply 23
First of all , I'm not going to the UK, Im going to study in Gulf Medical University for a Pharm.D if I go for pharmacy, the University requires only 2 sciences from physics, Biology or Chemistry up to AS levels only not even to A2 with a minimium of C in each.

And I'm sure high Bs ( 4 marks off an A in chemistry and 3 marks off an A in biology) are not bad either considering I did my AS levels( including Maths AS) in year 11 without the CW which in my opinion is much more easier than the practical exams.

You should have made that clear in your first post. No one on this forum has a clue about Arab unis either. Isn't their a UAE equivalent of TSR!?

But you don't even want to! :rolleyes:
Reply 24
Original post by yothi5
You should have made that clear in your first post. No one on this forum has a clue about Arab unis either. Isn't their a UAE equivalent of TSR!?

But you don't even want to! :rolleyes:

They do have another version of TSR but they don't discuss AS and A levels...I'm not even sure if they actually know AS/A levels. They have their own system.
so ill consider international relations.

I would recommend International Relations, are you interested in politics, diplomacy , war and so on? After seeing everything about the Arab spring and my general interest in conflicts and so on I am 110 % sure that I want to do IR , so yes if I were you I'd check out the jobs you could do with IR in the future :biggrin:
terrorism due to the arabic lang..
Reply 27
Thank you for you ideas. Its settled , pharmacy is my top option after a long detailed conversation with my dad.
What do you think of Pharmacy as a profession?

I like it because you can work in different areas to suit your preferences: hospital, research, community ect.

Quick Reply

Latest