Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whites only: Your views on asians

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Whites only: Your views on British Asians
    Yes, British born asians are a part of/equal to us
    78.28%
    No, we still view them as outsiders or 'other' people.
    21.72%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you're either english, scottish or welsh I would like to know whether you consider British born Pakistanis/Bangladeshis to be a true part of british society or do you still consider them as either 'inferior' or 'foreign.'
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course I view them as equally British as I am. It would be totally ridiculous not to.

In fact a British Asian person is also English, Scottish or Welsh if they choose to define themselves as such. Being a nationality of one of the constituent countries of the UK is not limited to white people, or any other race, to claim so would be just plain daft.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the logic of 'British born Pakistani' any more than 'Chinese born Briton'.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Asian mob incoming. <3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What one of my good friends is of Chinese origin.

I come from a place with hardly any non-whites but he fits in with us really.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they feel British then they're British to me, I don't care either way, some of my mates see their Asian identity as more important, some see British as more important, most balance it pretty well but it's no business of mine. They're no less British than me anyway I'm more Irish than English, my grandparents were immigrants and so were theirs so who am I to judge
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a strange question. Asians tend to be more tradition oriented, family oriented and can be a bit insular. But the key word there is 'tend' - personality isn't controlled by skin colour. And I certtainly don't consider them inferior...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    of course they are equal, and of course they are are british if they have birtish citizenship and passport. they can do whatever they want as long as they speak english. Preferably they will make efforts to intergrate with causian/black people etc but ultimately they can do whatever they want as long they speak english and abide by the law.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, public poll.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Of course their equal.
    Plus, Asian girls are HOOOOOT!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Using the word Asians is unfair, the Chinese/East Asians are nothing like the south Asians.

East Asians are fairly well integrated and it is fair to call them equals.

South Asians that go to the mosque? No, that's not British behaviour so they're still immigrants regardless of where they're born.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkyPurply)
    Of course their equal.
    Plus, Asian girls are HOOOOOT!
    Real talk, the hotspice ratio is strong
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Using the word Asians is unfair, the Chinese/East Asians are nothing like the south Asians.

South Asians that go to the mosque? No, that's not British behaviour so they're still immigrants regardless of where they're born.
    Explains why I've had countless epiphets and taunts yelled at me for doing nothing since I was born then.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)

How are we still immigrants? Your reasoning doesn't make any sense dude!

How do you define British Behaviour?

Dude, you head is in then wrong place, how dare you insult those who where born and bred in this country to be Immigrants!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    all the ones I know are just as well integrated as pretty any native white people I know
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The majority of the asians I've been exposed to have acted like they were part of their own little community and not integrated at all. So those ones are not productively British in my opinion.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    What a stupid comment. First of all not all South Asians are muslims, secondly how can you describe someone who was born in this country an immigrant? That just doesn't make any sense.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainPours)
    How are we still immigrants? Your reasoning doesn't make any sense dude!
    Because they have the culture of foreigners (see: mosque/family relationships/home dress/cuisine) and the race of foreigners.

Viewed in that light, why would we even care whether the hospital they crawled into this world from is in birmingham or baluchistan?

How do you define British Behaviour?
    Read watching the English (yes, I'm aware that Welsh and Scots are Brits too). If you struggle with anthropology that is your intellectual issue, but it is not a valid point in a debate.

Dude, you head is in then wrong place, how dare you insult those who where born and bred in this country to be Immigrants!
    Born to foreign mothers and brought up in a life of a foreign culture.

The Chinese in the UK get the balance right, south Asians act like some conquering race worshipping their *** god.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think of them as being any different than caucasians.
    And although I feel a few of the students at my University who are Pakistani act childish and as if they are better than anyone else (one kid, during first year chemistry, kept skipping the queues to the Fume Hoods to pick up chemicals when there were six or seven pairs waiting in line that he ignored.)
    I know that there are plenty of white kids who act the same.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    The majority of the asians I've been exposed to have acting like they were part of their own little community and not integrated at all. So those ones are not productively British in my opinion.
    Why the measly mouthed qualitive "productively" ?

If you want to say they're not British, at least be a man enough to actually say what you think.
Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.