Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Whites only: Your views on asians

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Whites only: Your views on British Asians
    Yes, British born asians are a part of/equal to us
    78.28%
    No, we still view them as outsiders or 'other' people.
    21.72%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonmonkey812)
    What a stupid comment. First of all not all South Asians are muslims, secondly how can you describe someone who was born in this country an immigrant? That just doesn't make any sense.
    you can if they behave as an immigrant would, in many ways, as many do
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noorkhanuk85)
    If you're either english, scottish or welsh I would like to know whether you consider British born Pakistanis/Bangladeshis to be a true part of british society or do you still consider them as either 'inferior' or 'foreign.'
    If you're either english, scottish or welsh I would like to create a deliberately inflammatory and polemic topic that anyone can join in on concerning whether your consider British born Pakistanis/Bangladeshis to be a true part of british society or, to fuel the flames and throw this one out there, do you still consider them as either 'inferior' or 'foreign'.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Because they have the culture of foreigners (see: mosque/family relationships/home dress/cuisine) and the race of foreigners.

Viewed in that light, why would we even care whether the hospital they crawled into this world from is in birmingham or baluchistan?

Read watching the English (yes, I'm aware that Welsh and Scots are Brits too). If you struggle with anthropology that is your intellectual issue, but it is not a valid point in a debate.

Born to foreign mothers and brought up in a life of a foreign culture.

The Chinese in the UK get the balance right, south Asians act like some conquering race worshipping their *** god.
    You have gone way beyond reasoning, I don't want to talk to a vile and horrible person like you.

Do yourself a favour and rub the hatred on you're skin, it won't do you any favours in the future!

Period!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badcheesecrispy)
    you can if they behave as an immigrant would, in many ways, as many do
    Enlighten me, what are some "immigrant" behaviours?
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Because they have the culture of foreigners (see: mosque/family relationships/home dress/cuisine) and the race of foreigners.

Viewed in that light, why would we even care whether the hospital they crawled into this world from is in birmingham or baluchistan?

Read watching the English (yes, I'm aware that Welsh and Scots are Brits too). If you struggle with anthropology that is your intellectual issue, but it is not a valid point in a debate.

Born to foreign mothers and brought up in a life of a foreign culture.

The Chinese in the UK get the balance right, south Asians act like some conquering race worshipping their *** god.
    I've seen you on other threads, with racist views too.

I hope your trolling, because if you aren't :facepalm2:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    asians?

well, there are lots of different asians. the pakistani community in certain places has a racist and supremacist attitude. certain parts of the country are no go zones for whites or non muslim asians.

pakistanis are widely regarded as the most racist group in britain today.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Why the measly mouthed qualitive "productively" ?

If you want to say they're not British, at least be a man enough to actually say what you think.
    There remains a distinction between legal citizenship and my personal views. You shouldn't ignore this for the sake of an insult.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm half Asian. But no one ever realises. Even when I tell them they think I'm pulling their leg. Most people at most think I'm Portguese or Italian. Either way, you'd be surprised how many convos you hear with racial slurs in them when you are...
    The Undercover Asian!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulubel)
    asians?

well, there are lots of different asians. the pakistani community in certain places has a racist and supremacist attitude. certain parts of the country are no go zones for whites or non muslim asians.

pakistanis are widely regarded as the most racist group in britain today.
    The irony.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...woah.. I feel so unwanted now...fine I'll just pack my bags and go back to where I came from...oh wait thats Britain
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The irony.

no irony. pointing out racism is does not make one a racist:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...teenagers.html
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    yes they are british!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulubel)
    no irony. pointing out racism is does not make one a racist:
    It's a shame that nothing I say will change your bigoted views
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    no human is 'inferior' to even hint at it is ludicrous.

I have no issue with the colour of anyone's skin, the religion they practice or what language they speak at home.

Your skin shouldn't effect anything if you're judged it should be for your own personality and actions not your ethnicity or as a 'stereotype'.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think this thread is a bit silly. A lot of Asian and Caribbean people, as well as other parts of the commonwealth, came to the UK after the Second World War to help the country with running the economy as there was a depleted workforce. Just because someone may have a different skin colour doesn't mean that they're not British. The way I would categorise someone as being British is whether they were born in the country or whether they have lived in the country a while, speak English and have successfully integrated into society rather than choosing to isolate themselves from society and encourage segregation. I think the colour of the person's skin is irrelevant, obviously entering the country illegally is bad but if they were born here or have come here legally and contribute to society then I see no reason why they wouldn't be considered as British.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame that nothing I say will change your bigoted views
    ross parker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ross_Parker

unfortunately, i could go on for a while listing white victims of asian race hate gangs.

( i am not calling all pakistanis racist, just that there is a big problem with racism in the community that no one wants to talk about. )
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bohedie)
    no human is 'inferior' to even hint at it is ludicrous.

Your skin shouldn't effect anything if you're judged it should be for your own personality and actions not your ethnicity or as a 'stereotype'.
    Nobody ever said they were inferior as a human being, it was a question about identity.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    not voting given that im not white (wondering why people still voted :lolwut:), but its a sigh of relief that the majority thought what i expected. arguments were still expected.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Using the word Asians is unfair, the Chinese/East Asians are nothing like the south Asians.

East Asians are fairly well integrated and it is fair to call them equals.

South Asians that go to the mosque? No, that's not British behaviour so they're still immigrants regardless of where they're born.
    Im white english but amuslim and I go to the mosque. Im not asian at all . Also how do you define british behaviour?
    • 87 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a proud white man I am(isn't it obvious?), I believe asians are harami people.
Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.