Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Qatar 2022 World Cup plans

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    He's talking about Russia and the Roberto Carlos incident.
    It still happens in this country though. From the top of my head: Ashley Young for Aston Villa against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    Once the tournament is over the stadiums will be donated to poor african countries.

Tell me that isn't something worthy.
    Eh? So they're going to just dismantle and transport them to a selected group of African countries?

That's pretty cool.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    It still happens in this country though. From the top of my head: Ashley Young for Aston Villa against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
    I'm against all racism as I imagine you are but like you said if it still is a problem in England then using racism as an argument against Russia hosting the world cup doesn't hold much weight now does it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Eh? So they're going to just dismantle and transport them to a selected group of African countries?

That's pretty cool.

Pretty much.
    They will keep the main stadium which they need for their project and donate the other 5.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    From someone who has lived in Qatar for the good part of my whole life I sincerely give all the haters the biggest middle finger I can muster.

Give me one good reason why they don't deserve it...too hot??? Well I watched a match in a stadium a few years back and it was 18 degrees inside and 35 outside...this is a 10 year old stadium which was revamped, imagine new stadiums built with heat in mind.

No football legacy? Football is the main sport there, in fact your hard pushed to find someone who doesn't actually play it. Qatar trains their players young, so by 2022 your going to see some kids that have been playing football 5 hours a day from the day they could walk.

No-one using the stadiums? Sorry are we confusing this which the 2012 olympics...you don't quite understand just how much this will benefit the youth and sports teams of qatar. And as someone mentioned, they're can be broken down, and rebuilt in other countries.

Problem getting between the stadiums? Ever been to Doha...you can drive from one side to the other quicker than you could drive a few miles in London. Plus the metro thats being developed and that water taxi systems, you sir are looking at the most compact world cup in history...unlike Russia it doesn't take plane journey's to get from one side of the country to the other.

Alcohol problems...I'll give you that one right now, sorry that the laws of muslim countries don't satisfy you, but I've seen this country change before my own eye's in 10 years to a sprawling metropolis, I cant wait till 2022...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Their ideas are quite impressive but they don't serve alcohol and the temperatures are ridiculous. Even if they do serve alcohol, think of the dehydration

Australia deserved it to be honest
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apolocreed)
    From someone who has lived in Qatar for the good part of my whole life I sincerely give all the haters the biggest middle finger I can muster.

Give me one good reason why they don't deserve it...too hot??? Well I watched a match in a stadium a few years back and it was 18 degrees inside and 35 outside...this is a 10 year old stadium which was revamped, imagine new stadiums built with heat in mind.

No football legacy? Football is the main sport there, in fact your hard pushed to find someone who doesn't actually play it. Qatar trains their players young, so by 2022 your going to see some kids that have been playing football 5 hours a day from the day they could walk.

No-one using the stadiums? Sorry are we confusing this which the 2012 olympics...you don't quite understand just how much this will benefit the youth and sports teams of qatar. And as someone mentioned, they're can be broken down, and rebuilt in other countries.

Problem getting between the stadiums? Ever been to Doha...you can drive from one side to the other quicker than you could drive a few miles in London. Plus the metro thats being developed and that water taxi systems, you sir are looking at the most compact world cup in history...unlike Russia it doesn't take plane journey's to get from one side of the country to the other.

Alcohol problems...I'll give you that one right now, sorry that the laws of muslim countries don't satisfy you, but I've seen this country change before my own eye's in 10 years to a sprawling metropolis, I cant wait till 2022...
    Spot on.

Can't wait to go to the Middle East in 2015, which by then, construction plans will be in place thereabouts, for the 2022 WC.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnadams121212)
    Get the **** over yourselves. Every country deserves a fair shot.

If it's a bomb, fair enough, criticise. Till then STFU unless you have something intelligent to say.
    You need to get over yourself.

Qatar has no football league. No football system in place at all. So it's building loads of stadia. That will never be used again.

Austrailia should have had this world cup. Would have improved the reputation of the A-League. They attract good crowds so the stadium builds/upgrades wouldn't be wasted.

Blatter couldn't even try and hide the absolute obvious bungs he recieved.

:facepalm2:

No matter what Qatar try and do. It's a waste of money. No-one in Qatar will benefit.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

British laws don't satisfy muslims. We accomodate their preferences/beliefs etc.

No reason why you can't accomodate our preferences/beliefs for just a month.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    You need to get over yourself.

Qatar has no football league. No football system in place at all. So it's building loads of stadia. That will never be used again.

Austrailia should have had this world cup. Would have improved the reputation of the A-League. They attract good crowds so the stadium builds/upgrades wouldn't be wasted.

Blatter couldn't even try and hide the absolute obvious bungs he recieved.

:facepalm2:

No matter what Qatar try and do. It's a waste of money. No-one in Qatar will benefit.

You literally don't know how stupid you sound right now...

Qatar does have a football league like most Middle Eastern countries, in fact you'll find a lot of european football players 'retire' into it, meaning they'll coach teams or play.

How will no one benefit...all I want is one reason, one reason ok?

And Australia? Have fun spending hundreds of pounds trying to get from one match to the other
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    No reason why you can't accomodate our preferences/beliefs for just a month.
    Why should they? If going to their country you should respect their religious beliefs. Besides, alchohol is allowed in Qatar (certain clubs, restaurants, hotels and Pearl Island) and extended fan drinking zones will be created during the World Cup.

They've had a FA and league system since the early 60s. To put this into conext, this is ten years before the country ceased becoming a British protectorate.

I'm not saying I would've chosen Qatar, and prefer Australia myself, though this is largely for political reasons and concerns regarding human rights abuses and the safety of gay fans in particular. But Qatar has been chosen so best of luck to them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You literally don't know how stupid you sound right now...

Qatar does have a football league like most Middle Eastern countries, in fact you'll find a lot of european football players 'retire' into it, meaning they'll coach teams or play.

How will no one benefit...all I want is one reason, one reason ok?

And Australia? Have fun spending hundreds of pounds trying to get from one match to the other
    Someone told me they hadn't. Oh well.

From one match to the other in austrailia? You do realize flights to Austrailia as a whole can be cheaper than flights to Qatar.

I can't think of one 'retired' player playing in Qatar.

End of the day Qatar bought this World cup off Fifa. It should have went to Australia. They've never had a world cup. Nor has that continent. But they played by the rules. As did England and look where it got them.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of one 'retired' player playing in Qatar. .
    Famous footballers (not necessarily African) who have played in the Qatari league: -

Jay Jay Okocha, Abedi Pele, Frank De Boer, Frank LeBouef, Marcel Desailley, Gabriel Batistuta and Romario.

Not a bad list.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.