Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What the big deal with Zumba?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Its more of a feminine thing anyway. The idea of a man swinging his hips and grinding all over the place is both funny and ridiculous!!
    Agreed, when I walk past the window slowly and watch the zumba classes I sometimes see beta Asian lads in there desperate to try and talk to a white girl because they have so much in common now. I just laugh.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    All I know is, it's the class with the highest attendance of hot girls at my uni gym
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always thought zumba looked quite good :3 but i lost a good 2 stone using the just dance on the wii fit :3 yeah it took longer than other exercises but it did the trick and it was good for me as I was always ashamed and worried about people judging me in the gym.... >3<
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a really funny way to let off steam ! i guess this is a fad, like some other dances before
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loads of my friends do it and i've seen women in the gym who come out of the class sweating and look like they've done a big workout. You actually do lots of different exercises like squats ect in zumba without even realizing, it burns an average of over 800 calories an hour, it's fun and you have a laugh. If you go to a more advanced class rather than a beginners one, you will get even more of a workout, i have friends who swear by it!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsicles3)
    Loads of my friends do it and i've seen women in the gym who come out of the class sweating and look like they've done a big workout. You actually do lots of different exercises like squats ect in zumba without even realizing, it burns an average of over 800 calories an hour, it's fun and you have a laugh. If you go to a more advanced class rather than a beginners one, you will get even more of a workout, i have friends who swear by it!
    800 an hour? Based on what. Just doesn't seem possible to me! Someone said Body Attack can burn up to 800 an hour and that's a really intense workout, so I doubt Zumba has the same effect
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow-nutshell)
    800 an hour? Based on what. Just doesn't seem possible to me! Someone said Body Attack can burn up to 800 an hour and that's a really intense workout, so I doubt Zumba has the same effect
    If you do an advanced class that is definitely possible, here it is http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1011261.html I think you do a really intense fast dance to a song then have say a 30 second break, then you're ready to dance again. If you watch videos of it on youtube, the people who really do all the moves properly are clearly getting a good workout.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.