Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Athiests Vs Muslims at Atheist convention

Announcements Posted on
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Yes, I wonder what could possibly be hurtful and offensive about a group of people wanting you to be tortured for all of eternity in a place said to be more terrible than the imagination can comprehend because you praise rationality.
    Yet you do not believe in it and thus would find little offence, otherwise you'd be offended by every single religion or ideology that talks about hell and "disbelievers" as most of them typically do.

I don't get offended by Christians saying I'm going to hell because I don't believe their religion/holy book is valid. For me it's simply ya myth. The concept is no different to Atheists, unless they've have some mental issues.

And if they did call him a paedophile, what's the problem? Sounds factual to me. He did marry and shag a young girl after all.
    Ok it seems you lack the intellectual capacity to have a civil debate. Let's forget me proving Aisha(ra) was far from a girl, because that is obviously going beyond your IQ.

So let's start with the basics, let's first learn what a pedophile is -

"Low self esteem. Many pedophiles, although by no means all, do not have a great sense of capacity for adopting a sexual demeanor towards adults or those of their own age or older. They feel unhappy and fearful at the prospect of sexual behaviour with adults and hence turn to children due to the fact that they are unable to have the strength of personality to seek adults for sexual demeanor. When considering treatment therefore it is important to establish and develop a higher sense of self-esteem in such individuals." - http://www.polfed.org/magazine/08_20...paedophile.htm

Then learn about the life of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh). For example;

"Lack of impulse control. Many pedophiles find it extremely difficult to deal with the impulsive nature which inclines them towards sexual behaviour to children. They simply cannot control their need for engaging children in sexual practices. They might be said to suffer from an obsessive-compulsive condition. Here again treatment would involve developing better impulse control and of course redirecting the sexual inclinations."

And we see;

Sahih Al-Bukhari
    Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:
    Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
    (on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."

Sahih Muslim
    Book 006, Number 2439:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to kiss (his wives) while fasting and embraced (them) while fasting; but he had the greatest mastery over his desire among you.

Further reading.

No Academia has ever stated Muhammad(pbuh) was a pedophile. But thats the thing you see, they've actually studied a bit of his life, and have the basic knowledge on pedophilia, whereas it seems your lacking both.

This is why it is considered offensive to Muslims and presumably to any intellect interested in a fair civil and progressive discussion.

Edit: lmfao at your comments on the video!
    My comments only relay what others in this thread have stated, I would strongly suggest you read the links. "Pedophilia" wasn't the only insult that was thrown out.

Too much ignorance and denial, which at the end of the day, is only harmful to yourself.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shoulda cooked some bacon near them, in Australian BBQ style.. The smell would be enough to pacify them and turn them from their extremist beliefs. Everyone's a winner- the nutcases discover the awesome food that is bacon, and the atheists don't have to deal with nutcases.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry...
    Jesus Christ will come in your lifetime...if the God of Adam and Moses and Abraham wills
    Today's muslims are not real muslims
    Thats why Jesus Christ should come (he is prophesied to arrive in Syria, so good time for that too)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    How is "burn in hell" more hateful when Atheists don't even believe in hell? Surely such an "insult" is merely commical for Atheists? That's nothing compared to the insults Atheists were throwing at, quite glad Muslims didn't quite stoop as low as that.
    It implies hatred, grave hatred. Muslims believe burning in hell is the worst punishment, therefore they're wishing the worst for athiests, regardless whether or not athiests believe in hell (they don't), the hate feelings from Muslims are still there.
    And stoop as low? These Muslims turned up to an ATHIEST CONVENTION. Therefore, they started the whole thing and are to blame. Of course you would stick up for them, though.
    These athiests were merely having a party, not letting it be crashed by religious nut jobs who believe in something that doesn't even exists. Why the hate? And why purposely turn up to provoke fights?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why can't people just get along?
    • 97 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    Yet you do not believe in it and thus would find little offence, otherwise you'd be offended by every single religion or ideology that talks about hell and "disbelievers" as most of them typically do.

I don't get offended by Christians saying I'm going to hell because I don't believe their religion/holy book is valid. For me it's simply ya myth. The concept is no different to Atheists, unless they've have some mental issues.
    I don't, personally, feel offended when told I'm going to hell. I couldn't give a **** as, like you said, I don't believe a word of it. But I can see exactly why other people do.

You seem to get the idea that I'm picking on Muslims here. No. I despise all damaging fundamentalism, no matter what religion it comes from. The world has enough hate in it, and it's just saddening to see all this hatred coming from a book.

Ok it seems you lack the intellectual capacity to have a civil debate. Let's forget me proving Aisha(ra) was far from a girl, because that is obviously going beyond your IQ.
    The words I choose to convey my message do not change the message in itself. You see, I get bored of seeing people say the same things to you over and over and have it go in one ear and out the other.

I wasn't attacking your prophet, simply saying that it's a true statement. There are paedophiles in every religious and non-religious group, Islam is no exception.

So let's start with the basics, let's first learn what a pedophile is -

[INDENT]"Low self esteem. Many pedophiles, although by no means all, do not have a great sense of capacity for adopting a sexual demeanor towards adults or those of their own age or older. They feel unhappy and fearful at the prospect of sexual behaviour with adults and hence turn to children due to the fact that they are unable to have the strength of personality to seek adults for sexual demeanor. When considering treatment therefore it is important to establish and develop a higher sense of self-esteem in such individuals." - http://www.polfed.org/magazine/08_20...paedophile.htm
    "Many pedophiles, although by no means all,"
    It gives a list of personality traits of pedophiles and a list of possible motivations. But like it says, it does not describe all pedophiles, ipso facto, those characteristics are not a requirement of being a paedophile. Let's get a real definition instead of trying to convolute the matter, shall we?

Criteria for paedophilia as a psychiatric diagnosis:
    "A. Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense
    sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors
    involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or
    children (generally age 13 years or younger).
    B. The person has acted on these sexual urges, or the sexual
    urges or fantasies cause marked distress or interpersonal
    difficulty.
    C. The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years
    older than the child or children in Criterion A." DSM-IV-TR, (2000)

And then, a simple definition from my good ol' OED:
    "paedophile noun a person who is sexually attracted to children" Compact Oxford English Dictionary (2008).

And we see;

[INDENT]Sahih Al-Bukhari
    Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:
    Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
    (on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."
    The prophet puts more clothes on his wives, including Aisha, when they're menstruating before he begins fondling them. Therefore, he isn't a paedophile? I wasn't aware that if I made a child wear an extra piece of fabric it didn't count as child molestation.

I didn't even have to go look out a hadith that said Muhammad touched up Aisha, you did it for me. Thanks.

No Academia has ever stated Muhammad(pbuh) was a pedophile. But thats the thing you see, they've actually studied a bit of his life, and have the basic knowledge on pedophilia, whereas it seems your lacking both.

This is why it is considered offensive to Muslims and presumably to any intellect interested in a fair civil and progressive discussion.
    *yawn*

"'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.'" Sahih Muslim, Book 8, number 3310

"A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old." Sahih Muslim, Book 8, number 3311

"Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death)." Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, number 64.

I think that'll do.

Too much ignorance and denial, which at the end of the day, is only harmful to yourself.
    Tell me about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, those are not quite muslims, they are clearly extremists.

But also, the atheist gang didn't show much sophistication either.

Terrific world we live in. :facepalm:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eightyeight)
    Amen to that and that only. I'd rep this twice if I could.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Idiots cussing each other. Shame on them.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamimi)
    Just to clarify, those are not quite muslims, they are clearly extremists.

But also, the atheist gang didn't show much sophistication either.
    "not quite muslims", sigh, another apologist.

The atheists may not have been sophisticated, but they weren't deadly serious, they were having fun, and they actually got a good point in there "where are the women".

Please, stop appeasing.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eightyeight)
    Who should get alonng exactly, should the atheis tolerate the other group, who are probably intolerant of Gay People, would oppress women as much as possible if their wishes were granted, I'm sure, in private, would support a genocide of Jews, would oppress christians, atheists, apostates, ex-muslims, and even other non-salafist muslims groups.

So yeah I suppose we could "all-get along".

Idiot.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    It's obviously a few hot heads, I'm sure most Muslims are embarrassed by these dudes with beards and signs.
    We would never hear them speak out about it though, criticism is pretty much non-existant and the paranoia of criticism is rife within them.

If the tables were tuned, and some people protested outside a mosque saying hateful things (like the muslims did to the atheists), it would be scrutised all over the media, people would be apologising, the far-left would have a field day calling everyone fascist etc etc

The things that gets me is some ******* ******* users posters on this are trying to say both groups were as bad as each other, I mean, seriously, one group wants, and is glad that people will eternally suffer, and the other is singing a song, and pointing out bigotry of the the former groups for being an anti-woman culture.

Two of the users on here say that it doesn't matter though, becuase atheists don't believe in hell, this, in my opinion, is the definition of being an apologist, appeasing, sub-human scumbag. The muslims want us to eternally suffer, and are glad that, according to them, we will.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prog2djent)
    "not quite muslims", sigh, another apologist.

The atheists may not have been sophisticated, but they weren't deadly serious, they were having fun, and they actually got a good point in there "where are the women".

Please, stop appeasing.
    I'm not apologetic. I am not a Muslim myself.

Also worth mentioning that from various posts, I found your style of talking (Well, writing.) very bitter.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why the conventionists didn't simply ignore the protestation and go to their convention, or were they impeded in anyway (i.e difficult to get in to the building and back out to transport services)?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamimi)
    I am not a Muslim myself.
    Being an apologist with regards to the Islam issue doesn't mean you have to be muslim, in my expirience, most of it comes from the progressive-left who only care for self-gratification.

And I have my reasons for being bitter, I don't appreciate being called a "Dirty Jew" and have been a witness twice to anti-semitic attacks.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    You Know what pisses me off?

When was the last time atheists went out to a Mosque and protested that they were all wasting their lives and that they were completely deluded?

Those Muslims chose to antagonise these people who were otherwise doing what they want and not bothering anything else. These Muslims decide that people aren't entitled to their own opinion and must have Islam shoved down their throats.

It's sickening.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yomomalomo)
    I don't understand why the conventionists didn't simply ignore the protestation and go to their convention, or were they impeded in anyway (i.e difficult to get in to the building and back out to transport services)?
    In the protestors opinion, they are doing the right thing, imagine if a bunch of atheists turned up at a mosque, and started chanting "Go back home, fascists fascists, no more sexism, fascists fascists, no more homophobia, fascists fascists, you don't belong here, fascists fascists."

What do you think would happen, eh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prog2djent)
    Being an apologist with regards to the Islam issue doesn't mean you have to be muslim, in my expirience, most of it comes from the progressive-left who only care for self-gratification.

And I have my reasons for being bitter, I don't appreciate being called a "Dirty Jew" and have been a witness twice to anti-semitic attacks.
    Beg your pardon, but how is that in any way my fault?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha I seriously laugh how every thread which has the slightest mention of religion turns into some religious war between Muslims and the rest. The funny thing is, the it's same people EVERY time who argue the same points EVERY time. Do you guys not get bored?

(Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    It's obviously a few hot heads, I'm sure most Muslims are embarrassed by these dudes with beards and signs.
    So short, but I'm so glad someone around here has some sense.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the eyes of real Muslims atheists (not exmuslims) are supposed to be better than Christians and Jews.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 22, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.