The Student Room Group

MSc Management: KCL vs. Edinburgh

Hi everyone,
I read a lot of posts and tried to make my mind, but I'm still very unsure.
I am a business Law graduate from Italy (I already hold a Master's Degree) and I want to continue my studies in the managerial field.

I got offer from King's College for their MSc International Management and from the University of Edinburgh for their MSc Management. Not being British, I know little of these universities: which one would you suggest for this kind of studies?

Thank you very much for your help!
Reply 1
KCL for sure, location and teaching staffs are much better
I would personally say Edinburgh from a purely academic standpoint. Dedicated business school versus small department at KCL.

Both are good universities.

Might be worth getting in contact with current students from each program.
Reply 3
Hey,

having had to make the decision between Edinburgh Business School Msc Management and other MSc Management courses at other business schools for two thousand and twelve/ thirteen admission myself I know what you feel.

In my case the choice was between Warwick, Imperial, and Edinburgh; I chose the latter.

Personally I would pick Edinburgh over KCL for the following reasons:

--- Edinburgh Business School is 83 World in FT Ranking and 36 world in The Times ranking, whereas KCL is not in top 100 World FT ranking and is 56 in the Times Ranking

--- Edinburgh Business School is a separated entity from Edinburgh University, KCL Management is only a department

--- Finding a decent flat in London is messy, competition for flats is high and living expenses are high

--- Edinburgh Business School has just had its building done; been there and it looks cool

--- When graduating from EBS you get automatic admission as full member to the Institute of Administrative Managers, which looks good on CVs

I am Italian too by the way,

quindi buona fortuna con la decisione ed in bocca al lupo,

Ciao.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending