Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2012 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Very impressive pitwork. I saw this during the race and was really impressed. Lovely camera angle as well. Didn't realis they had 2 guys that jumped up and held the car though...

Tempted no one has shrunk it to 100*100 to make it into an Avatar as it woud be quite cool..

Also, Ferrari has been rally generous after the williams fire and have given them an offer...
    Aww poor Felipe, he comes across as a really genuine bloke so I don't like slagging him

(Original post by Stringer987)
    Thought i would try and inspire McLaren and the pitstop crew!! Trying to be kind!! Look at this slick operation

Slick and professionally, to the extent that it is mesmerising to watch.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I should just add, Alonso's mechanics/pit crew are particularly incentivised to perform well because he shares all the money he gets from points/wins with his side of the garage.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just a shame something died in Massa at Germany 10, hopefully he gets the Red Bull drive next year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Just a shame something died in Massa at Germany 10, hopefully he gets the Red Bull drive next year.
    Do you really think Red Bull want him? I don't. Think they're happy enough with vettel and Webber. And even if they wanted to replace Webber (webber won't leave himself, red bull gives him the best chance of winning at his age), don't think they'd go for Massa.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think in a new car Massa would do well again, but he cannot stay with a team who have clearly favoured another driver.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    On current form Massa would struggle to get into a mid-field team nevermind RBR.

He can't stay with a team who favours another driver but it he was fine with it when Ferrari shifted the focus from Kimi to him a few years ago.
    I'm personally surprised he's managed to stay at Ferrari as long as he has.

He's become the new Rubens, doesn't know when to quit when he's clearly not up to the standard required, although arguably Rubens was in a lot better form last year than Massa is. Some of the mistakes he makes are just pitiful, like spins during dry races :facepalm2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When asked if Maldonado was only at Williams in the first place because of money, Williams said: "Yeah, he was to some extent. I'm not denying that. But if we thought he'd been a ****er, he wouldn't have got in the team no matter how much money he had.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99626

Perfect use of language.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I think in a new car Massa would do well again, but he cannot stay with a team who have clearly favoured another driver.
    most teams have a favoured driver. Even at Red Bull, Vettel's clearly the favourite. Remember one race last year I think where Webber had to give some of his part of the car to Vettel for some reason (or it was something like that, memory's a bit hazy. Remember Webber being a bit annoyed about it). Even at McLaren though they're pretty fair to both drivers, push comes to shove they'd favour Hamilton. And Ferrari have always had a history of favouring one driver over the other hugely.

Massa would do better at Red Bull, as Red Bull's a better car. Not sure he'd do better in many of the other cars, especially those worse or the same level as Ferrari.

I agree with Marc let alone Red Bull, I think he'll struggle to find a drive next year. No one would want to take him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)
    When asked if Maldonado was only at Williams in the first place because of money, Williams said: "Yeah, he was to some extent. I'm not denying that. But if we thought he'd been a ****er, he wouldn't have got in the team no matter how much money he had.

Perfect use of language.
    haha brilliant :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    He's become the new Rubens, doesn't know when to quit when he's clearly not up to the standard required, although arguably Rubens was in a lot better form last year than Massa is. Some of the mistakes he makes are just pitiful, like spins during dry races :facepalm2:
    I would take Rubens over Massa based on the latter's performances this year. Rubens was no worse than Maldonado whereas Massa is currently in joint-last in the championship if you take out all the new teams and mostly because he is too slow to get in the top 10 rather than because of bad luck.

Should Massa continue like this and leave Ferrari, I honestly can't see who would hire him. You might as well hire Buemi or Alguesuari or Sutil or Heidfeld or some random GP2 driver. Maybe Marussia or HRT?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    I would take Rubens over Massa based on the latter's performances this year. Rubens was no worse than Maldonado whereas Massa is currently in joint-last in the championship if you take out all the new teams and mostly because he is too slow to get in the top 10 rather than because of bad luck.

Should Massa continue like this and leave Ferrari, I honestly can't see who would hire him. You might as well hire Buemi or Alguesuari or Sutil or Heidfeld or some random GP2 driver. Maybe Marussia or HRT?
    Think Kubica might get the ferrari seat next year . Should be returning next year hopefully. Miss him on the track, and he knows how to get the best of the car when it isn't up to scratch. Plus Kubica and Alonso get on well I've heard.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonLizards)
    Think Kubica might get the ferrari seat next year . Should be returning next year hopefully. Miss him on the track, and he knows how to get the best of the car when it isn't up to scratch. Plus Kubica and Alonso get on well I've heard.
    Kubica wouldn't play second fiddle to Alonso, and I really don't see him coming back anyway. I think any chance of that disappeared when he re-broke his leg, unfortunately.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Kubica wouldn't play second fiddle to Alonso, and I really don't see him coming back anyway. I think any chance of that disappeared when he re-broke his leg, unfortunately.
    As much as I hate it I have to agree. As for Massa I wouldn't take him as a team boss, you may as well take a punt on someone new.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    I think he would. Don't think Kubica is one of those ego maniac types. Hence he'll drive where he's wanted. Although acknowledged as one of the best drivers on the grid, he's never really had that status, he hasn't been the head of a high power team like Mclaren, Ferrari, and now Red Bull. After all if I'm right he took the renault car after a recommendation by Alonso. And after all he can't afford to be that fussy if he's trying to return to F1. And ferrari could use a quality driver like Kubica. There's not really anyone in his league who's not already signed up to one of the big rival teams (Mclaren, Red Bull). Maybe there's Kimi but they won't go back to Kimi again.

At one point in Renault when Massa's place was in doubt, it looked as if Kubica would have replaced him. It seemed the obvious choice and what everyone was expecting. Kubica himself didn't initially commit to an extension of the Renault contract. But Ferrari put their faith behind Massa. So I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest now massa is out, kubica wouldn't be wanted by ferrari.

Kubica's one of the best drivers on the grid. He just hasn't got that chance at a big team yet. I don't know if he'll come back or not, but I really hope he does. He's a massive talent, and was probably my favourite driver on the circuit. Really sad he's gone .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if Ferrari would want Kubica as a replacement for Massa. Ferrari aren't really in need of a quality driver because they favour a system where there is a very clear number one driver (Alonso/Kimi/Schumacher) and a number two who will never challenge him. After all, this is the team that gave Luca Badoer a race seat when Massa was injured. With Kubica, there would be too much of risk that he could be either completely terrible after spending two years out or someone who hurts Alonso's title chances.

I think there is a whole list of drivers they would rather have in the number 2 seat. Perez, Maldonado, Kobayashi, Rosberg, Kovalainen...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still think Alguersuari would be great for the team. If not him then obviously Bianchi.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)

Perfect use of language.
    Brilliant :awesome:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieGhoul)
    I still think Alguersuari would be great for the team. If not him then obviously Bianchi.
    Hold that thought:

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...-percent-sure/

Alguersuari claims returning to F1 next year is 100% sure. Which to me suggests he has (or nearly has) a contract signed. It could be with Ferrari, but who knows at this stage, it could just be optimistic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely Perez is going to replace Massa? Given the fact he's part of the ferrari young driver programme. And he's quick

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 12, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.