Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Books for business

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any good books I could read to understand more about business and how to set one up, finances etc?

I'm currently a university student, but I don't study business. I'd like to set something up but I don't feel like I know enough about the technical stuff to really do much right now.

So I figured summer would be the perfect time to look into it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same boat, though I am in upper sixth, not at uni yet..there's one from the 'for dummies' series which looks ok and this website is pretty useful if you click on businesses, hope this helps https://www.gov.uk/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is loads available online, what exactly is it you want to know??
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try Duncan Bannatyne's 'Wake up and change your life'. It's full of tips for how to start a business, how to write a business plan, how to do the finances, how to get funding etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Although it's not exactly about setting up a business "how to get rich" by Felix Dennis is a great read! He is one of Britain's most successful entrepreneurs who has made hundreds of millions in the magazine publishing trade.

His writing is witty, interesting and motivating
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I found this to be pretty good tbh!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Business-Ult...9582073&sr=8-2
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rich Dad Poor Dad...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinnacle)
    Rich Dad Poor Dad...
    Would definitely recommend this (although neither of us have read it, it's supposed to come with raving reviews).

Attraction Marketing by Stuart Ross

Although not particularly business related 'the secret', if you google it you should be able to find it - it's just about the law of attraction and how your thoughts attract things to them if that makes sense (hope it doesn't sound too wishy washy lol).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 26, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.