The Student Room Group

forgot to write candidate number

i just realized that in one of my exams i did, i forgot to write my candidate number on the extra papers which had my answers for section b, am i screwed?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Did you write your name on them ?
Should be okay. As long as you wrote your name clearly, plus the centre number and name, breathe. They only put that on there for extra info in case they can't read your writing etc. Don't worry!
Reply 3
i didnt write anything on the papers expect for the anwsers, but i did wrote my name on the front of the exam, so will they separate section b from the actual exam if they mark it??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by buildalegohouse
Should be okay. As long as you wrote your name clearly, plus the centre number and name, breathe. They only put that on there for extra info in case they can't read your writing etc. Don't worry!

i didnt write anything on the papers expect for the anwsers, but i did wrote my name on the front of the exam, so will they separate section b from the actual exam if they mark it??
Yes it should be fine. Did you not include your school? ( you are in school/ college right?)
Reply 6
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Did you write your name on them ?

i didnt, should i call ib
Reply 7
Yes it should be fine. Did you not include your school? ( you are in school/ college right?)

thats the thing i didnt write any information on it, if a call ib would they be able to fix this issue by telling the examiner about this problem?
Definately call them. You'll have to find out if they can find your papers, can't say this has ever happened to anyone I know. There's a slight chance you'll do it again....there's no proof that that paper belongs to you if your name isn't written on it... Sorry.
Reply 9
Definately call them. You'll have to find out if they can find your papers, can't say this has ever happened to anyone I know. There's a slight chance you'll do it again....there's no proof that that paper belongs to you if your name isn't written on it... Sorry.

do they mark section A and section B separately? because if they dont, i believe it will be ok because the section A has all my information
(edited 11 years ago)
Depends on the subject. Perhaps ask a teacher?
See you in McDonalds.
Big Mac and Fries please. :colone:
Original post by salim
i just realized that in one of my exams i did, i forgot to write my candidate number on the extra papers which had my answers for section b, am i screwed?

When did you sit the exam?
Call your college/school up and talk to them about it (preferably your IB co ordinator)! I don't know when papers get sent off but you might find they're still in the college and the situation can be rectified.

It all gets scanned at some point, so I'd imagine everything gets separated, therefore I would imagine it could definitely be an issue if your sheets don't have your candidate number on!
don't know if its just my school, but my exams officer checks every single exam paper to make sure the details are filled in correctly before sending them off
How about if you didn't write your centre number but wrote everything else?
Reply 16
Original post by Murphye09
How about if you didn't write your centre number but wrote everything else?

Did it turn out to be okay? Because i too forgot to write my centre number. Other information are all filled in.
Reply 17
so.. what happened?
Reply 18
Did it turn out to be fine? I forgot to write mine too 😞
in my mcq chemistry exam i filled in my name, centre number and canidate number but i forgot to shade canidate number in grid will my paper be accepted.

Urgent reply

Quick Reply

Latest