Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of Justin Bieber's Boyfriend music video?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I doubt many straight males appreciate being told what it would be like having him as a boyfriend.

I like the singing whales in the background.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxnXiBKEaY

copycat much? Both the song AND the video? JB could do with being more original.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)

i'm a bit confused by it, because the teasers we were given were only at the beginning? but i think that's the point..??? they only made them to release them as teasers??

i think it shows he's grown up but i am a bit disappointed with it but the song is great so it doesn't matter! maybe it's a grow to like the video thing.. i was just expecting something way cooler. it's still good though because it's justin bieber
    Why does the video start and then restart after 30 seconds? Did they do it wrong?
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goon14)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxnXiBKEaY

copycat much? Both the song AND the video? JB could do with being more original.
    Are you thick?

The song sounds nothing, I mean nothing like it.

And the video, right, because dancing around cars = copying a video. I guess, off the top of my head Rihanna - Shut up and Drive copied N Sync.

Should've gone to Specksavers.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    His music is pretty lacklustre, generic and formulaic. I have an insane amount of respect for the dude though. He knows (or his managers know) exactly how to manipulate a female audience. Bruno Mars too, crazy stuff.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've not watched it and hope I never will.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Are you thick?

And the video, right, because dancing around cars = copying a video. I guess, off the top of my head Rihanna - Shut up and Drive copied N Sync.

Erm no, you are the thick one if you can't see or hear the obvious similarity - I'm actually quite smart coz it's so similar I would have told you that it was a Justin Timberlake song if I hadn't been told who sung it or seen the video.
    The singing style is exactly the same as Justin Timberlake, the topic of the song - If you were my girlfriend is just changed to If I were your boyfriend and they both talk about what they would do to/for the girl. The video concept is the same - a car show off with lots of girls around - the only difference is that there is no race in JB's video and it's all in the daytime. Look at the responses on the N'sync video and you'll see i'm not the only one who thinks so, are we all "thick" then?.

The only similarity with shut up and drive is the race - it wasn't I've got the best car so all the girls or the best girl wants me and we're going to have a dance off - which is the concept of the N'sync and JB's videos.

"That sounds nothing like it" really? If you stop listening to it as a belieber and seeing it through JB tinted glasses, you can not tell me you do not hear JT in the way JB sings that song, . And also the beat of JB's song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYNQzqNqzdc

I'm sorry you got mad but the truth is that song is not original, it's a good try though,generic but very catchy.

(Mama warned me about those beliebers :K:)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to watch it just because I don't like his songs and it is just going to be him standing there miming words. THAT DOES NOT MAKE A MUSIC VIDEO ¬¬ look at some Panic! at the Disco or something.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    His music is pretty lacklustre, generic and formulaic. I have an insane amount of respect for the dude though. He knows (or his managers know) exactly how to manipulate a female audience. Bruno Mars too, crazy stuff.
    Bruno Mars drives me crazy ¬¬ He sings a song about doing things for women, which he wont in reality etc and then girls go why don't you respect me like Bruno Mars and yet they don't acknowledge the fact that he has done as song about being lazy doing nothing in life and have sex with a women. Arrrrg do they just chose what to hear or something. :mad:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Are you thick?

agreed, it's just because it's called girlfriend and JUSTIN timberlake was in it too and JB has a good and high voice like him... people look for anything to critisise others...

ANYWAY, even if they did sample the same music, so what? people do that and have done that for hundreds of years.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I'm not going to watch it just because I don't like his songs and it is just going to be him standing there miming words. THAT DOES NOT MAKE A MUSIC VIDEO ¬¬ look at some Panic! at the Disco or something.
    no thanks
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Bruno Mars drives me crazy ¬¬ He sings a song about doing things for women, which he wont in reality etc and then girls go why don't you respect me like Bruno Mars and yet they don't acknowledge the fact that he has done as song about being lazy doing nothing in life and have sex with a women. Arrrrg do they just chose what to hear or something. :mad:
    erm woah calm down... anyway if you are with a girl who compares you to the image a celebrity puts out you got bigger problems.

anyway bruno is good... and he is very talented. BTW he wrote "f*** you/forget you" that ceelo green wrote..
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok a few questions.

1. Why does he keep saying "Swag"?
    2. Why did he include the lyric "make you shine bright like you're laying in the snow" I mean that's just rubbish.
    3. Why did it appear to start, then stop halfway through a word, then start again?
    4. Why was he hanging around with a bunch of adults seemingly quite a few years older than him
    5. Why was he with people who looked more like rockers.
    6. With all that 'bling' on him, he looked like an utter bellend.
    7. The girl looked much too old for him, it was actually awkward.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goon14)
    Erm no, you are the thick one if you can't see or hear the obvious similarity - I'm actually quite smart coz it's so similar I would have told you that it was a Justin Timberlake song if I hadn't been told who sung it or seen the video.
    The singing style is exactly the same as Justin Timberlake, the topic of the song - If you were my girlfriend is just changed to If I were your boyfriend and they both talk about what they would do to/for the girl. The video concept is the same - a car show off with lots of girls around - the only difference is that there is no race in JB's video and it's all in the daytime. Look at the responses on the N'sync video and you'll see i'm not the only one who thinks so, are we all "thick" then?.

The only similarity with shut up and drive is the race - it wasn't I've got the best car so all the girls or the best girl wants me and we're going to have a dance off - which is the concept of the N'sync and JB's videos.

"That sounds nothing like it" really? If you stop listening to it as a belieber and seeing it through JB tinted glasses, you can not tell me you do not hear JT in the way JB sings that song, . And also the beat of JB's song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYNQzqNqzdc

I'm sorry you got mad but the truth is that song is not original, it's a good try though,generic but very catchy.

(Mama warned me about those beliebers :K:)
    True, it sounds overwhelmingly like a Justin Timberlake song. Little JB was obviously a little late on the uptake.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Ok a few questions.

2. Why did he include the lyric "make you shine bright like you're laying in the snow" I mean that's just rubbish.
    3. Why did it appear to start, then stop halfway through a word, then start again?
    4. Why was he hanging around with a bunch of adults seemingly quite a few years older than him
    Guuuuuurrrrrrrllllllll, you read mah mind!
    I like his necklace. A very feminine touch... as if he needed any more of that...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Ok a few questions.

1. because he likes that word... swaggie is a catch phrase for him now
    2. i guess it's because snow is VERY bright when the sun is on it so if you lie in the snow you will look bright too....
    3. i think i understand now... he released basically all of the first 30 seconds as teasers.. and that was just like a red herring because it actually was nothing like the video at all... to throw people off..
    4. why not? what does age matter..
    5. again why not?? (though i dont think they look like rockers)
    6. well he obviously likes it and i doubt he cares that you think he looks like a bellend... we all make fashion mistakes when we are younger... ironically, justin timberlake just said like this week he looked like a moron when he was in his nsync days
    7. again... so what? why does it matter she's older?... though i agree it looked older
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    I kinda like JB sometimes, but I find this song and video pretty meh. Not really seeing the massive hooha about it, but whatever, I'm not really much of a Belieber so to each their own eh.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but people exaggerate how 'bad' he is so much. What reason have you got to actually hate him? You don't know him, and fine if you dislike his music, but how can that be a reason to hate him?

He's not actually that bad - he can sing well, you only have to watch a few of the videos of him singing on youtube before he became famous to see that. I actually quite like him now. He's grown up a lot the past two years or so, and looks much more attractive now! I've got to say that I really hate most of his 'belieber' fans... they just act psychotic....
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    1. because he likes that word... swaggie is a catch phrase for him now
    2. i guess it's because snow is VERY bright when the sun is on it so if you lie in the snow you will look bright too....
    3. i think i understand now... he released basically all of the first 30 seconds as teasers.. and that was just like a red herring because it actually was nothing like the video at all... to throw people off..
    4. why not? what does age matter..
    5. again why not?? (though i dont think they look like rockers)
    6. well he obviously likes it and i doubt he cares that you think he looks like a bellend... we all make fashion mistakes when we are younger... ironically, justin timberlake just said like this week he looked like a moron when he was in his nsync days
    7. again... so what? why does it matter she's older?... though i agree it looked older
    These things matter when we're talking about a 'good' video, or a 'good' piece of art. The idea is to be seamless with the music and not a juxtaposition of contrasts which detract from the message, which this does. That would be more at place in a psychedelic piece or a lurchy number. (though of course the contrast would be more fitting).

Anyway, the kid has a voice, it'd be foolish to deny that. He's pretty too, in a baby-schoolboy way. But this video made him look younger and awkwardly out of place within an adult setting. Its aimed at young teenybobbers of course, so really the setting should have been in line with that. At least until his shoulders broaden and he gets some stubble. As an adult I just really thought it looked a bit weird with this kid holding older girls :lol: :erm:

Anyway, you asked for my opinion and that's mine
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    with the amount of stick hes already been getting, you'd think the last thing he would do is come up with an idea of calling his next song "boyfriend"

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.