Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of Justin Bieber's Boyfriend music video?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balletlover)
    Justin Bieber doesn't annoy me much, he's not as bad as everyone makes out, it's all the 12 year old so called "beliebers" with no lives on twitter, who make cringey trends like "Boyfriend video made me wet" and "Justin is our sex panther" pipe down child, you haven't even had your period yet.
    did they really say that?? that's quite scary
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Bruno Mars drives me crazy ¬¬ He sings a song about doing things for women, which he wont in reality etc and then girls go why don't you respect me like Bruno Mars and yet they don't acknowledge the fact that he has done as song about being lazy doing nothing in life and have sex with a women. Arrrrg do they just chose what to hear or something. :mad:
    Nah they just take it on face value. His stuff pushes all the right buttons with naive girls. "I'd die for you", "I'm too bad for you", "I'll love you forever and ever", "You're the only girl in the world for me", yada yada. The converse is true for female artists aimed at exploiting mens weaknesses. Spears, girl bands, etc. Just the emphasis is on sex rather than monogamous, committed relationships. The only problem is men generally aren't swooned so much by metaphor and empathy. Much more by the visual. Hence why you get raunchy videos for dudes and fairly bland videos for chicks.

Most pop music these days uses one of these sure-fire formulas. Lay a beat that everyone's familiar with (standard hip hop in this case), with instruments everyone's familiar with (acoustic guitar). Then just write some lyrics that a certain group can strongly relate to. BAM chart hit.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    These things matter when we're talking about a 'good' video, or a 'good' piece of art. The idea is to be seamless with the music and not a juxtaposition of contrasts which detract from the message, which this does. That would be more at place in a psychedelic piece or a lurchy number. (though of course the contrast would be more fitting).

Anyway, the kid has a voice, it'd be foolish to deny that. He's pretty too, in a baby-schoolboy way. But this video made him look younger and awkwardly out of place within an adult setting. Its aimed at young teenybobbers of course, so really the setting should have been in line with that. At least until his shoulders broaden and he gets some stubble. As an adult I just really thought it looked a bit weird with this kid holding older girls :lol: :erm:

Anyway, you asked for my opinion and that's mine
    i'm not talking about a piece of art... why do people have to take everything so seriously... no one is saying this is a masterpiece and a showcase of fine film... there is more to life than pretentiousness.
    if you want to critique it in that way then fair enough but you are coming at it from the wrong angle because that's not the way it's intended. it's just supposed to show he's grown up and it's just a music video to go with his song... for the enjoyment of others.

i didn't think he looked out of place with them because he looks younger (i don't really think he does).. i just don't think there was any on screen chemistry between them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Someone's trying to grow up
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Prefer Shaycarls paradoy tbf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxZo...1&feature=plcp
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i'm not talking about a piece of art... why do people have to take everything so seriously... no one is saying this is a masterpiece and a showcase of fine film... there is more to life than pretentiousness.
    if you want to critique it in that way then fair enough but you are coming at it from the wrong angle because that's not the way it's intended. it's just supposed to show he's grown up and it's just a music video to go with his song... for the enjoyment of others.

i didn't think he looked out of place with them because he looks younger (i don't really think he does).. i just don't think there was any on screen chemistry between them.
    You asked what we thought of it. That's what occurred to me when I watched it. I thought it was a weird video and I described in the most detailed way how that awkwardness came across to me. It is a thing that's meant to be watched after all. It would be difficult to explain how or why a person dislikes it without describing it in that way because that is the reason for it.

Who cares if it's not meant to be a masterpiece, it's meant to be the best it can be. There's nothing pretentious about that, that's just how life is lived. This video was just an awkward generic soulless backing to a mediocre pop song.

Anyway you're obviously a fan, but I'm just describing why it might not appeal to people who have grown out of that sort of blind attraction (I don't mean you personally). You see this with loads of bands, even rock and metal when there's a pretty boy singing. It's rather embarrassing.

...I actually think the best, most meaningful music videos are those made for ugly bands :lol: There's less focus on their face, more focus on what they're singing about.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    no thanks
    I didn't say listen I said look they are two different things, they have amazing music videos, and they are actually videos not just the singer standing there miming
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    You asked what we thought of it. That's what occurred to me when I watched it. I thought it was a weird video and I described in the most detailed way how that awkwardness came across to me. It is a thing that's meant to be watched after all. It would be difficult to explain how or why a person dislikes it without describing it in that way because that is the reason for it.

Who cares if it's not meant to be a masterpiece, it's meant to be the best it can be. There's nothing pretentious about that, that's just how life is lived. This video was just an awkward generic soulless backing to a mediocre pop song.

Anyway you're obviously a fan, but I'm just describing why it might not appeal to people who have grown out of that sort of blind attraction (I don't mean you personally). You see this with loads of bands, even rock and metal when there's a pretty boy singing. It's rather embarrassing.

...I actually think the best, most meaningful music videos are those made for ugly bands :lol: There's less focus on their face, more focus on what they're singing about.
    and i was responding to your opinion... i can ask a question and respond to your answer...

i know what you mean by the best it can be which is why i was disappointed in the video like i said in my OP, i am not a huge fan of the video myself (though i like JB and his music) i just think you are looking at it in a way that it wasn't intended. and i disagree that life is lived to the best it can be and i also think "best" doesn't really exist anyway.

i am not attracted to justin bieber, i like his music and i like his persona.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I didn't say listen I said look they are two different things, they have amazing music videos, and they are actually videos not just the singer standing there miming
    they have interesting videos... i don't actually mind them tbh i just haven't listend to them in a LONG long time.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BHS12)
    Prefer Shaycarls paradoy tbf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxZo...1&feature=plcp
    haha i prefer these ones

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do we post in here every time someone releases a new video? It's people like you why this bellend is so popular
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    iPhone 5 at the start of the video?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bieber's got hot and it's worrying me.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Do we post in here every time someone releases a new video? It's people like you why this bellend is so popular
    hey as long as people keep postin this thread stays alive so i think it's you guys who dislike him so that actually keeps him popular... oh and his talent and catchy songs..

but don't encourage me more
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swaggiee)
    :d :d :d :d :d i stayed up till 12.30am to watch it live on mtv hehehe loveee ittttttttttt!!!!!!!! Belieber 4 life
    heyyyyy!!!! Omg omg i no rite??!!!!!! This ain"t ******* obnoxious at all!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trying to copy Justin Timberlake.

He can **** right off.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.