Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

paying for accomodation

Announcements Posted on
Win a year's supply of BIC stationery for the new academic year! 20-08-2016
    • Thread Starter

    hi. just a quick question- how do you pay for accomodation? is it the maintenance loans/grants that help pay for that?

    I use my maintenance loan / grant / bursary for everything, rent and living expenses (I do get the full whack though)

    (Original post by Moondreamer)
    hi. just a quick question- how do you pay for accomodation? is it the maintenance loans/grants that help pay for that?
    Aside from tuition fees, which are paid straight to the university by Student Finance (if you applied for them), the rest of the money you are given to do with as you will.

    The maintenance loan, maintenance grant (if you qualify for it) and any bursaries you are given by your university are given to you. You have to decide what to do with it. It's a big part of living independently - you work out what money you're using for what.

    Yes, however they won't always cover the full cost of your accom.


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

How do you sleep?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.