Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help pls. I don't know what of my GCSE results I need to work on.

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    English Language: A
    English Literature: A
    Mathematics: A
    Statistics: C (only Set 1's take this as a GCSE in maths.)
    Biology: C (I'm retaking some units in Biology so it should get me up to a B. Same for Chemistry)
    Chemistry: C
    Physics: B
    Religious Studies (half a GCSE): D
    BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Electronics: Distinction (A*/A equivalent and it's worth four GCSEs)
    Business Studies: B

What do you think I should improve on?
    These are my overalls right now and they're before the May/June national exams so I have a chance of raising them.

I am an academic and intellectual student but I made the most stupidest mistake of picking a college course, therefore I miss out on other subjects in school such as PE, Art, History or Geography, a modern foreign language and ICT.

My A-Level picks:
    English Language and Lit (you need a minimum of B in your GCSEs in both)
    Maths(you need a minimum of B)
    Physics(you need a minimum of B)
    Business Studies Double Award
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Work on your physics, and also biology and chemistry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your physics and business? It will always be good if you can get those up to an A for A-Level But if not it's not the end of the world, you have the minimum grade anyways Just try if you want to And maybe RE?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally If I had these grades, I would work on your three Sciences; Bio, Chem and Phys.
    Universities particularly look at your science, England Language and Maths grades, so you should put maximum effort into these subjects. Though I see your Maths and English is pretty good anyway.
    I'd work on Business Studies too..since you need a B to do it at A-level and you need to ensure you don't slip even though you are predicted a B. Also, it would be nice to get an A at least in the subjects you are doing for A-level
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try and tackle your Science grades. GCSE Science isn't really very difficult. You just need to memorise a few things and use a bit of logic. 8 1/2 GCSEs also isn't the best thing. Take some more if the school will allow it (a language is often a good choice). I advise you drop the BTEC like a stone. It's just a way of upping the school's league table results and they can't punish you for not doing it.

EDIT: Also, do Economics rather than Business at A-level. It's a lot broader and much better respected.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.