The Student Room Group

[B] IB Germanists! [/B]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vanesavu
Oh, and is it a problem when they say "nennen sie EINEN Grund" but like you write more?

Text A: with the Book about Holocaust, did you put "Biografie" or "Buch uber den Krieg"? I put biografie, but had to erase it so many times... uhhh it could have been both.

I had problems with Text B: which words did you fill in? I filled : Schuller, Uberrascht, Verliess, Ritual. Then the descriptions of people... The answer for the first guy was smth like he had a Freundin, and the answer for girl was that she liked Discos or smth.
Then the answer for "dadurch" was "man fragt sich oft etc.". And one of the answers for this text was Neugier.

Then there was the question on Text C on the tone... like what the hell? It could have been either Sarkastisch or Resigniert, I chose sarkastisch because of the description of the Vicious circle etc.

I don't thiiiink that's a problem unless one of your 'Grunds' is wrong! I was also agonising over Krieg/Biografie, but I ended up putting biografie, because it said something about how she was 80 that year.
And I also filled in Schuler, Uberrascht, Verliess and Ritual! But I had problems with the descriptions of people; didn't put Neugier or 'man fragt sich oft' I don't think :s-smilie:

And I put resigniert on Text C, because I think Bienzle was offering to help her, but she just refused. Not sure though - Text C is always hard.

In text A, did you put that the guy liked the 'Fett Bohnen' CD so much because he once went to one of their live concerts and had loads of fun?

Sighhh...I really wanted a 7, but now I'm just hoping for a 6 as well :s-smilie:

What Paper 2 thing did you do?
Original post by Faffyfoo
Difficult!!! :frown: Noone in my class knew what a 'Vortrag' was (text D) and we all seem to have written in different text type styles....none of which were right :P Still managed to write >100 words though, and included quite a few points, so how much would I be penalised?? It was about Tim Henman's motivation wasn't it? :P
The rest of paper 1 seemed ok, at least no difficult texts I can remember....but I did have to guess quite a bit
Paper 2 was alright :smile: Did the diary of work experience in a hospital

Vortrag = presentation/lecture. Basically written a bit like an informative speech. It depends what you did for it...if you did something that's obviously not a Vortrag, then you probably would be penalised to a certain extent, but it depends what kind of thing you wrote. And they would only penalise you under a certain category. It killed me having to write out 'die Roger Federer Foundation' each time, because I didn't think I could just write 'Foundation'! Also, I tried to just be informative, but kept swaying towards being persuasive!

Eurgghhh the diary looked hard!

Can you remember any other parts of Paper 1? :P Neurotically comparing answers here!
Reply 22
Original post by beautiful-lion
I don't thiiiink that's a problem unless one of your 'Grunds' is wrong! I was also agonising over Krieg/Biografie, but I ended up putting biografie, because it said something about how she was 80 that year.
And I also filled in Schuler, Uberrascht, Verliess and Ritual! But I had problems with the descriptions of people; didn't put Neugier or 'man fragt sich oft' I don't think :s-smilie:

And I put resigniert on Text C, because I think Bienzle was offering to help her, but she just refused. Not sure though - Text C is always hard.

In text A, did you put that the guy liked the 'Fett Bohnen' CD so much because he once went to one of their live concerts and had loads of fun?

Sighhh...I really wanted a 7, but now I'm just hoping for a 6 as well :s-smilie:

What Paper 2 thing did you do?

I did the Tagesbuch. I made it more into a Geschichte though... although i didnt use any direct speech or anything. But a diary is usually like a story of what happened during the day no? Ive never written a diary before so I´m not completely sure O.O. You did the Olympics one? that was hard because of the Vocab....

Yeah i think i did put Fett Bohnen because the other group was like hard pop but the guy said that he liked Musik one could dance to - oh the answer to the Q Warum sie schluckte or smth like that was that "die Musik hat dem Titel angesprochen" right? Oh and the reason why the girl liked Bohnen was because she liked the Live concerts right??? I found these things quite difficult because they didnt make much sense to me...

In text C, i also put Karriere as a synonym for Lehre, but it should be Ausbildung. Damn.

Also in Text C - Did her husband have lots of ideas? there was the Qs like "Annas Man hat viele Ideen wie er die Situation verbessern kann" Did you put Richtig oder Falsch? I put richtig because the text said smth with him "throwing it all in front of her" and asking her to let him know if she had any ideas. So i assumed he threw ideas at her... What the hell...
I did the Tagesbuch. I made it more into a Geschichte though... although i didnt use any direct speech or anything. But a diary is usually like a story of what happened during the day no? Ive never written a diary before so I´m not completely sure O.O. You did the Olympics one? that was hard because of the Vocab....

Yeah i think i did put Fett Bohnen because the other group was like hard pop but the guy said that he liked Musik one could dance to - oh the answer to the Q Warum sie schluckte or smth like that was that "die Musik hat dem Titel angesprochen" right? Oh and the reason why the girl liked Bohnen was because she liked the Live concerts right??? I found these things quite difficult because they didnt make much sense to me...

In text C, i also put Karriere as a synonym for Lehre, but it should be Ausbildung. Damn.

Also in Text C - Did her husband have lots of ideas? there was the Qs like "Annas Man hat viele Ideen wie er die Situation verbessern kann" Did you put Richtig oder Falsch? I put richtig because the text said smth with him "throwing it all in front of her" and asking her to let him know if she had any ideas. So i assumed he threw ideas at her... What the hell...

As long as your diary had a date, began 'dear diary' and was personal/emotional/not too formal, you'll be fine! Yeah, vocab for the olympics was hard - had to say 'party to celebrate the beginning of the games' instead of 'opening ceremony'!

Oh yeah - something like 'the title expressed his true feelings'? I put that one, whatever it was! Did put Ausbildung, but it was a toss-up between that and Karriere.

I thought the question was something about her husband having 'other' ideas, as he was too proud to let her try to find work? I put richtig, but I'm not sure that my justification was correct - I just copied something he said!

For the experiences that the homeless people go through every day, did you just copy something from the text? I put 'sie mussen durch den Park jagen'; no idea what that means!

Ahhh so comforting being able to discuss it! Sounds like we're similar levels (both predicted 7s, both thought the papers were mean) and put similar things!

I don't suppose you did the Chem papers on that day as well? Day from hell...
Reply 24
As long as your diary had a date, began 'dear diary' and was personal/emotional/not too formal, you'll be fine! Yeah, vocab for the olympics was hard - had to say 'party to celebrate the beginning of the games' instead of 'opening ceremony'!

Oh yeah - something like 'the title expressed his true feelings'? I put that one, whatever it was! Did put Ausbildung, but it was a toss-up between that and Karriere.

I thought the question was something about her husband having 'other' ideas, as he was too proud to let her try to find work? I put richtig, but I'm not sure that my justification was correct - I just copied something he said!

For the experiences that the homeless people go through every day, did you just copy something from the text? I put 'sie mussen durch den Park jagen'; no idea what that means!

Ahhh so comforting being able to discuss it! Sounds like we're similar levels (both predicted 7s, both thought the papers were mean) and put similar things!

I don't suppose you did the Chem papers on that day as well? Day from hell...

I did have HL chem on that day. I thought I was gonna pass out the last hour during the Paper 2 exam. The timetable is unfair.

Yeah I copied that + a few more examples from the text. Thats why im worried about the Q asking "One example" but I wrote more. "Durch den Park Jagen" means chasing around the park. Well I didnt begin with Dear Diary.. but i hope thats okay, as ive got the date and started with "Diese Woche habe ich..." and so on. I hope "Diary" isnt just restricted to "days" O.O as I wrote about the whole week.
(edited 11 years ago)
I did have HL chem on that day. I thought I was gonna pass out the last hour during the Paper 2 exam. The timetable is unfair.

Yeah I copied that + a few more examples from the text. Thats why im worried about the Q asking "One example" but I wrote more. "Durch den Park Jagen" means chasing around the park. Well I didnt begin with Dear Diary.. but i hope thats okay, as ive got the date and started with "Diese Woche habe ich..." and so on. I hope "Diary" isnt just restricted to "days" O.O as I wrote about the whole week.

Haha aww crap, that means I wrote that they chased other people around the park! Should have stuck with whatever i put first :s-smilie:

Your paper 2 sounds fine! I thought that hospital stuff etc would be hard to write about though? Any specific vocab?

It was quite a disheartening day, as I felt Chem also went a lot worse than it should have! As in, I wanted 7s for both Chem and German, and now i'm just hoping for 6s. Plus, I fell into the trap they laid on Paper 1 Question 1!

Sighhh. Sounds like we've picked up at least a few marks for German though!
Reply 26
Haha aww crap, that means I wrote that they chased other people around the park! Should have stuck with whatever i put first :s-smilie:

Your paper 2 sounds fine! I thought that hospital stuff etc would be hard to write about though? Any specific vocab?

It was quite a disheartening day, as I felt Chem also went a lot worse than it should have! As in, I wanted 7s for both Chem and German, and now i'm just hoping for 6s. Plus, I fell into the trap they laid on Paper 1 Question 1!

Sighhh. Sounds like we've picked up at least a few marks for German though!

Well I need a 7 in chem, and a 6 in German to get into my First Choice uni. So well.. fingers crossed.

I think that was one of the correct examples "Durch den Park jagen" as the Question asked what the homeless people have to go through everyday, and this was one of those things (there was a list of things O.O so i just wrote out the whole list).

About Chem, I didnt have time to check all my answers in paper 1 (because somehow I thought I had 1.5h not just 1h for that paper), so i hope filled the answer sheet correctly O.O. Yeah, the first question was nasty, there were a few nasty questions in fact.

Well the hospital stuff, it just asked for your "Eindruck" so I wrote about meeting some kid with leukemia, and some other kid with bulimia, and made up a story about them. So no special vocab was needed really... i think... i hope..... otherwise im even more screwed.

Whats your condition for uni?

Im sure you´ll be fine. Good luck anyways!!! I have only Biology HL to go, in a week! You?
Well I need a 7 in chem, and a 6 in German to get into my First Choice uni. So well.. fingers crossed.

I think that was one of the correct examples "Durch den Park jagen" as the Question asked what the homeless people have to go through everyday, and this was one of those things (there was a list of things O.O so i just wrote out the whole list).

About Chem, I didnt have time to check all my answers in paper 1 (because somehow I thought I had 1.5h not just 1h for that paper), so i hope filled the answer sheet correctly O.O. Yeah, the first question was nasty, there were a few nasty questions in fact.

Well the hospital stuff, it just asked for your "Eindruck" so I wrote about meeting some kid with leukemia, and some other kid with bulimia, and made up a story about them. So no special vocab was needed really... i think... i hope..... otherwise im even more screwed.

Whats your condition for uni?

Im sure you´ll be fine. Good luck anyways!!! I have only Biology HL to go, in a week! You?

Your P2 sounds good, I wouldn't worry!

My condition is 42 and 7,7,6 at HL :s-smilie: I used to want 45, but that ship has sailed! I'll just be happy to get the offer!

Ahhh lucky, I have History Paper 1, 2 and 3 (DIE) and French (fine). The end is in sight! Good luck for biology :smile:
Reply 28
Your P2 sounds good, I wouldn't worry!

My condition is 42 and 7,7,6 at HL :s-smilie: I used to want 45, but that ship has sailed! I'll just be happy to get the offer!

Ahhh lucky, I have History Paper 1, 2 and 3 (DIE) and French (fine). The end is in sight! Good luck for biology :smile:

Your condition is really high!

My condition is 40, 776 at HL = even thinking about it now makes nervous. Yeah, me too I thought I could get 45, but now im just praying to meet at least my insurance choice condition (38, 665) so that i can go to uni this year.

I´m actually looking forward to my last exam! :cool: Ive gone completely bananas.
Your condition is really high!

My condition is 40, 776 at HL = even thinking about it now makes nervous. Yeah, me too I thought I could get 45, but now im just praying to meet at least my insurance choice condition (38, 665) so that i can go to uni this year.

I´m actually looking forward to my last exam! :cool: Ive gone completely bananas.

Hhaha, that sounds like an Oxbridge offer! And your insurance is high! :O I know my offer is stressful, but my insurance (Bristol) is only 33. I'm sure you'll get your offers though!

History tomorrow...djgdsjgdsoikhasdialkdaskhdaskdhaslkhda
Do you not think that German HL paper 1 was easier than in May/November 11? (I don't say it was easy though. I am just afraid of higher grade boundaries because of the paper's level of difficulty.).

History tomorrow...djgdsjgdsoikhasdialkdaskhdaskdhaslkhda

Just be happy that we don't have paper 3 next day:smile:
Original post by Существо
Do you not think that German HL paper 1 was easier than in May/November 11? (I don't say it was easy though. I am just afraid of higher grade boundaries because of the paper's level of difficulty.).

Just be happy that we don't have paper 3 next day:smile:

I am VERY happy we don't have Paper 3 the next day...lifesaver!

Hmmm...I can't actually remember the May/November 2011 ones. I was more freaked out about Paper 2 than Paper 1 to be honest...

How did you find it?

How did you find it?

It could have been much worse. I don't think I will get 7 (I hoped so much), but if I get 6 in German HL that would be quite good as well. Especially taking into account that I had never studied German before I took IB
Reply 33
Did anyone else do q1 of the writing paper? Or just me...?! I'm predicted a 7 too and I thought both papers were quite good?
Original post by km93
Did anyone else do q1 of the writing paper? Or just me...?! I'm predicted a 7 too and I thought both papers were quite good?

What was Q1? I did Q3 I think...

Ok, fair enough, Paper 1 wasn't bad (although you can never really tell how you've done with comprehension), but Paper 2! There was no speech, NO LETTER, and no question on school!

The freaking OLYMPICS!

(ha, sorry...I'm still sore because I think I'll get a 6, not a 7 now because of grammatical/vocab errors in P2) :biggrin:
Reply 35
What was Q1? I did Q3 I think...

Ok, fair enough, Paper 1 wasn't bad (although you can never really tell how you've done with comprehension), but Paper 2! There was no speech, NO LETTER, and no question on school!

The freaking OLYMPICS!

(ha, sorry...I'm still sore because I think I'll get a 6, not a 7 now because of grammatical/vocab errors in P2) :biggrin:

Yeah it's definitely hard to tell but there was nothing really obscure in the reading. And q1 was the interview with an author. I thought about doing the Olympics one but decided against it. I'm sure you'll be fine! Don't worry about it, there's nothing you can do about it! Are you working towards an Oxbridge offer?
Original post by km93
Yeah it's definitely hard to tell but there was nothing really obscure in the reading. And q1 was the interview with an author. I thought about doing the Olympics one but decided against it. I'm sure you'll be fine! Don't worry about it, there's nothing you can do about it! Are you working towards an Oxbridge offer?

Yeah, I am, and I need 7,7,6 at least at HL :s-smilie:

Which author did you pick? :P

Oh, and how much did everyone write? (for p2 and for text D, p1)
Reply 37
Yeah, I am, and I need 7,7,6 at least at HL :s-smilie:

Which author did you pick? :P

Oh, and how much did everyone write? (for p2 and for text D, p1)

Haha we have the same offer!! Do you do French too? And I wrote about Brecht. Can't really remember how much I wrote but I don't think it was masses, more than 400 words though.
Original post by km93
Haha we have the same offer!! Do you do French too? And I wrote about Brecht. Can't really remember how much I wrote but I don't think it was masses, more than 400 words though.

You Cam or Ox? And for MML? And 42 required overall?

Yep, I do French too, but I find it so much easier than German. All German words are the same :biggrin: Ok, not quite, but still!
Reply 39
You Cam or Ox? And for MML? And 42 required overall?

Yep, I do French too, but I find it so much easier than German. All German words are the same :biggrin: Ok, not quite, but still!

Cambridge for MML... German and French. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending