The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ideological reasons, probably?
Original post by Otkem
I shall never forgive the Labour party for what they put my family through during 2009-10. I am interested though in seeing what motivates people to vote for such a damaging party. They damaged the economy, they damaged family values, they damaged people's trust in their government. They damaged everything you can imagine basically. What motivates you to want another Labour Govt? My opinion of Labour voters is that they are extremely selfish and do not care about the good of the long-term economy, as long as they get their handouts courtesy of the taxpayer. Now of course this isn't representative of all Labour voters, but I am at a loss as to explain why they won so many local council seats, and am quite frankly damn worried.

The Labour Party stand for exactly the opposite of what you have just said. Shows what you really know about political parties
Original post by Otkem
No it wouldn't, because Conservatives and Conservative voters are not so selfish as Labour voters. Nationalisation of the health service is the reason our cancer survival rates are so awful compared with the USA.

Pensioners and students had it so ****ing easy during Labour's rule. I am glad they are now paying their fair share.

would you kindly like to walk us through your logic there?

As for the thread title - That the Tories are screwing everyone over, the Lib Dems have lost all support due to the way they have betrayed their voters since entering the coalition and that none of the smaller parties are going to be able to make enough ground to get in power, leaving Labour as their best choice?
Original post by Otkem
No it wouldn't, because Conservatives and Conservative voters are not so selfish as Labour voters. Nationalisation of the health service is the reason our cancer survival rates are so awful compared with the USA.

Pensioners and students had it so ****ing easy during Labour's rule. I am glad they are now paying their fair share.

This the same nationalisation which forces people to turn away from seeing their GP? The same where some areas are SO deprived that McDonald's contributed towards it's healthcare?

Pensioners having it easy? Retiring at 65, permanent problems with pains, joints, aches, headaches etc. Aren't they scroungers of a system they contributed towards for so many years?

Dear me
Also why are Tory supporters licking the arses of the tax dodging billionaires and instead scapegoating the benefit fraudsters? Especially since if everything was paid back to the treasury as owed I'd expect at least 85% of that to be the former.
Reply 25
Because they wanted to increase EMA to £50 , not scrap it.

And they didn't TRIPLE my uni fees:angry:
Reply 26
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
The Daily Mail telling people to vote Labour? :lolwut:

Are you insane?

People get their view of the world from media like the Daily Mail (which I don't actually read, it's just an example). No, I am not insane.
Original post by jaxxa
People get their view of the world from media like the Daily Mail (which I don't actually read, it's just an example). No, I am not insane.

The Mail would never tell people to vote labour, though. They back the Conservatives explicitly and openly.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
The Mail would never tell people to vote labour, though. They back the Conservatives explicitly and openly.

I thought the Daily Heil was more of a BNP rag - it's the Torygraph that backs the Conservatives like that.
Reply 29
It's ironic they're called the Labour party (as in hard-work) when most of their voters do the opposite :pierre:
Original post by smithsmith
Because they wanted to increase EMA to £50 , not scrap it.

And they didn't TRIPLE my uni fees:angry:

No, you're quite right, Labour actually increased tuition fees by an infinite degree. They introduced them!
Original post by Tahooper
It's ironic they're called the Labour party (as in hard-work) when most of their voters do the opposite :pierre:

Most? You really think so?
Reply 32
Original post by Otkem
I won't neg you, I'll advise you to seek professional help if you believe that Labour are the way forward.

Your negs don't make any difference given your level of red gems
Original post by Otkem
I won't neg you, I'll advise you to seek professional help if you believe that Labour are the way forward.

So, about that double-dip recession?
I dunno, what motivates people to create threads like these?

Thats the real question. Its beyond me.
Reply 35
Original post by That Bearded Man
So, about that double-dip recession?

Yes that double dip recession was unavoidable thanks to your party.
Original post by jaxxa
Because the Daily Mail told them to. The end.

The Daily Fail is right wing, try again buddy.
The promises that labour delivers. Which is nice and all. But seem to forget that they've not grasped the concept of how borrowing from foreign countries work and that by delivering these frivolous promises, they've put the country in the ****er

Labour to me seem to be Short term gain - Long term pain.
Reply 38
Original post by Ice Constricter
The Daily Fail is right wing, try again buddy.

Original post by jaxxa
People get their view of the world from media like the Daily Mail (which I don't actually read, it's just an example).

Reply 39
What an awful argument. Yes Labour oversaw and to an extent contributed to the financial problems in the UK but you talk as if the Conservative party are the stalwart defenders of the common working family's lives. Of course you would say that having never experienced the crushing effects of Margaret Thatcher's three terms in office as millions of families in the North and other parts of the UK did, but I assure you, you ignoramus, that history shows the Conservatives are no more trustworthy with the welfare of ordinary citizens than Labour are - indeed, I would argue less so.