The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tahooper
It's ironic they're called the Labour party (as in hard-work) when most of their voters do the opposite :pierre:

Do you think working class people don't work hard?
If conservatives are in power, vote labour, if labour and in power, vote conservative. Just like the free market, gotta have some competition!
Original post by OpenArms
Oh I didn't do well enough at school. I'm going to vote Labour and scrounge money from the hard working people of our country cause that's what Labour does. If I was in charge of the country I would take away the voting right of any person who has received the dole for over 12 months!

I hope you're joking...
Everyone's skint and wants jobs. Do you honestly think the Conservatives give a damn? All they want is that pay cheque in their pockets.
Original post by jaxxa

Ok, but the joke wasn't funny.
Reply 45
I've been on TSR for a long time (probably too long), and I've got to say that this is the bitchiest, most argumentative, personal insult ridden thread I've seen in a fair while.

Good job.

Although I suppose whenever Otkem starts a thread you can't really be too surprised.
Reply 46
Original post by Alofleicester
I hope you're joking...

It would stop people voting so they could keep receiving their benefits. It would create a fairer society in which people would think twice about being so lazy and actually putting something back into society!
Original post by Starrstruck
Everyone's skint and wants jobs. Do you honestly think the Conservatives give a damn? All they want is that pay cheque in their pockets.

I promise you, David Cameron and George Osborne (to name just two) could both be making a hell of a lot more money if they weren't in politics. The same would be true for prominent members of the Labour Party. No one enters politics for the money.

I hope you're joking...

Agreed, it's a bit extreme, but it does actually have some sort of precedence. Take 'No taxation without representation', then flip it around.

Personally, I wouldn't go that far, but it isn't entirely illogical.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by OpenArms
It would stop people voting so they could keep receiving their benefits. It would create a fairer society in which people would think twice about being so lazy and actually putting something back into society!

No one votes to receive benefits, what do you mean, take their voting rights away so that others have a high chance of getting a morally corrupt government in? What next, you'd abolish all benefits and effectively commit genocide on young children?

I voted Labour because they have the interests on the people in mind and although I detest their immigration stance sacrifices have to be made and I'd rather that than an evil government who wishes to punish the unfortunate and needy.
Reply 49
Original post by YahRah
I beg to differ.

Is this guy on the dole?

Reply 50
Original post by AkaJetson
Do you think working class people don't work hard?

I never said that. Working class people are turning away from Labour in my opinion, seeing as Labour is no longer the party of the working class; it is now the party of immigrants and benefit cheats.
Reply 51
Original post by Ice Constricter
Ok, but the joke wasn't funny.

That's nice. Too bad I don't care.
(edited 11 years ago)
I never said that. Working class people are turning away from Labour in my opinion, seeing as Labour is no longer the party of the working class; it is now the party of immigrants and benefit cheats.

Labours strongholds are working class areas. They are still the most popular party of the working class. Immigrants are people too, and can be working class so they would probably vote for Labour. Benefit cheats tend not to vote, however some may vote for labour.
To claim that most of labours supporters are benefit cheats shows a level of delusion.

Labour no longer the party for the working class? We'll see about that. Also benefit cheats and immigrants can still be working too.
Reply 54
Original post by smithsmith
Because they wanted to increase EMA to £50 , not scrap it.

And they didn't TRIPLE my uni fees:angry:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I HATE EMA.

Under my dead ****ing body will such a system be ever brought back.

Selfishness is reaching new levels.
Reply 55
Original post by ConnorB
Labour to me seem to be Short term gain - Long term pain.

You've hit the nail on the head!
Reply 56
I hope you're joking...

Typical response from the likes of you.
Reply 57
Original post by Otkem
No it wouldn't, because Conservatives and Conservative voters are not so selfish as Labour voters. Nationalisation of the health service is the reason our cancer survival rates are so awful compared with the USA.

Pensioners and students had it so ****ing easy during Labour's rule. I am glad they are now paying their fair share.

Yeah why not leave the pensioners to their retirement and give them a break eh? Not like they need it. Lets make things harder for them after they basically proped a country up after two world wars in the span of 40 years. I hope your joking otherwise I seriously fear for your humanity.
Reply 58
Original post by Starrstruck

Don't believe everything Daddy tells you, sweetheart.
Reply 59
because i don't want to be associated with the pretentious, stuck-up people that are conservative voters

two can stereotype

Latest

Trending

Trending