Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to Nando's whilst on a diet, what do you think of my choices? Will it effect me

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    IF IT FITS IN YOUR MACRO'S, EAT THAT ****.

Google it folks, it'll make your lives much easier.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are at least 21 meals in a week. If you mess up one of them, it's not going to kill you.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't diet but I do try to eat healthily. When I go to nandos I just get 1/4 chicken and corn on the cob. You don't have to eat all 3 courses, I find that normally one course is sufficient enough.
    If you do 'overeat' simply go on a run or something after...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go for the veggie option? I would assume the veggie dishes would automatically be less fattening. They're very nice as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if you go on the nandos website on the menu im pretty sure last time i looked it had the nutritional info for each meal
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just go and live. You might die tomorrow. As long as you aren't gorging out every day you'll be cool.

Jesus Christ.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    don't bother with that frozen yoghurt dessert though, it's no doubt full of sugar but more importantly it tastes like crap

only noobs have dessert at nandos
    The frozen yogurt has practically no calories since it is no fat yogurt.
    The deserts are pretty lame I agree though. Although I did have carrot cake once and it was quite good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Half a chicken with rice extra hot sauce (for the thermogenic burn.)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go for it. Nothing wrong with a treat every now and then, and one meal is unlikely to have much, if any, real impact on your weight. And denying yourself such things wouldn't be good for you - it'd either lead to a rigid cycle of what's acceptable to eat full stop, or you'd be missing out on social occasions which might leave you feeling a bit left out and is more of a punishment!

Your choices sound like pretty healthy options. The nandos website does list calories if that helps. I've had one of the salads before with added chicken strips (about 150-200kcals in total) with a side of rice or something...that's probably equal a normal size diet meal, or perhaps only slighty over - nothing to worry about.

Ultimately diets need to be something that's not really strict and depriving yourself of all the things you enjoy - both in regards to the actual food and the occasions. That's why a lot of diets fail, because basically people want and need certain things! So getting the right balance in your diet and making allowances every now and then is really important for maintaining the diet/preferred weight in the long run
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violet_apple)
    The frozen yogurt has practically no calories since it is no fat yogurt.
    The deserts are pretty lame I agree though. Although I did have carrot cake once and it was quite good.
    low fat doesn't mean it has no calories..if only it was that easy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louthelion)
    low fat doesn't mean it has no calories..if only it was that easy!
    That sugar-overload to compensate.

I eat pizza and drink beer on a cut, it's no problem.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 20, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.