Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HTC Wildfire S

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering weather or not the HTC Wildfire S is a good phone? I will be getting it on contract paying £15 a month 600 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb internet data. I know its a year old phone but this offer sounds decent if the phone is decent.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    . . . . I've had a wildfire s since last October and I really would have to advise against it. If I could afford to get rid of it, I would.
    The screen is not great either in terms of size or resolution. The internal memory is pathetic and the processr is not fast enough.

It's slow, it's laggy. I'm having memory card issues.
    I'd say that you would be better of getting something a bit newer and slightly higher specced. There are a few that would still be in the wildfires price range.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    If you want a cheap HTC then maybe consider the new One V? It's basically the new Wildfire.
    Depends which way you look at it, but IMO it is more like a new Desire.

OP:

But yes, the Wildfire is kind of poor-specced. If you will be doing multi-tasking, browsing the web, watching videos, it will not really hit the mark.

Otherwise get it if you will only listen to music, text and make phone-calls.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    My sister has this phone on contract. Despite the fact that it's expensive, she's replacing it. It's an absolutely terrible phone.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a bad idea ordering this phone, is comes on tuesday
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The phone is alright, its just that the low storage for apps available on the phone is disappointing (had the same problem on my desire). The update which will be preloaded/available for download will give you an extra 50mb, but its still pretty low since nowadays apps are getting bigger. But still a decent phone.

Since you are getting it on contract, I recommend you get a different phone as you will need it to last for the duration of the contract.

May I ask how long this contract is and what network? There are other good phones around that same price mark.

Hope I could help
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muj77)
    The phone is alright, its just that the low storage for apps available on the phone is disappointing (had the same problem on my desire). The update which will be preloaded/available for download will give you an extra 50mb, but its still pretty low since nowadays apps are getting bigger. But still a decent phone.

Since you are getting it on contract, I recommend you get a different phone as you will need it to last for the duration of the contract.

May I ask how long this contract is and what network? There are other good phones around that same price mark.

Hope I could help
    Yeah its a pretty decent phone actually. Its on Virgin Mobile on a 24 months contract
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a wildfire S now and on recommend it, it freezes and is so slow, internal memory is very small so everything crashes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, no way!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a HTC Wildfire S, it's great. But only if you root it, and install Ice Cream Sandwich (latest version of Android). If not, then it's a terrible phone ! Get the Desire C or One V. They are the new budget ones with better specs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have just got rid of my wildfire. Seriously a nokia 3210 is superior.

Terrible screen, makes texts unbearable, you literally need chopsticks to hit the correct keys.

18 months of hell.

Bring on Samsung galaxy s3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have htc desire S,it's great.But when i was installing a new application then it's speed become slow.I think i want to avoid the add new application in htc desire s.Then it will perform better.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 23, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.