Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do u think of this picture?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neofytos)
    There is an easy answer on this stupid saying u all say. He is not helping cause He let us do as we wish. He left us on this planet somehow alone to test ourselves. Though when you ask His help, if u are loyal, with one way or another He will Answer/help. Its our fault that we are down on this earth and not in Heaven. I dont know how u call it in english, but i remind u of the story of snake and apple.So yeah we cant say unwilling but more of he let the human be responsible for the planet...
    Using a talking snake to back up your claims isn't going to work. You know they're incapable of speech right?

I honestly don't think it's a stupid thing to say. Why would a loving God allow for innocents to suffer? If you believe it's because of Adam & Eve, what kind of God would punish an entire species for all time because of a woman who ate some fruit? Seems like an absolutely horrific thing to do.

Also, since you brought it up, why the hell did God put the apple tree there in the first place?! Seems like a dumb move to put one single tempting thing on the whole planet that the snake could use to its advantage.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gateshipone)
    Using a talking snake to back up your claims isn't going to work. You know they're incapable of speech right?

I honestly don't think it's a stupid thing to say. Why would a loving God allow for innocents to suffer? If you believe it's because of Adam & Eve, what kind of God would punish an entire species for all time because of a woman who ate some fruit? Seems like an absolutely horrific thing to do.

Also, since you brought it up, why the hell did God put the apple tree there in the first place?! Seems like a dumb move to put one single tempting thing on the whole planet that the snake could use to its advantage.
    Answering to ur last question, well obviously its a "story" to show how not loyal the human is, and that if we want to go to heaven we must change.

What do u mean allow? I just said the man is responsible for these happenings. God is just lets say watching.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Answering to ur last question, well obviously its a "story" to show how not loyal the human is, and that if we want to go to heaven we must change.

What do u mean allow? I just said the man is responsible for these happenings. God is just lets say watching.
    Why create us that way then? If he knew we had the capability to be unloyal as you put it, why bother with the tree? If he hadn't have put that there then humans wouldn't have been tempted in the first place. No matter how you look at that story, God made some massive mistakes and instead of fessing up and fixing his mistakes, he punishes our species until the end of time. That is not a God who deserves to be worshipped.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gateshipone)
    Why create us that way then? If he knew we had the capability to be unloyal as you put it, why bother with the tree? If he hadn't have put that there then humans wouldn't have been tempted in the first place. No matter how you look at that story, God made some massive mistakes and instead of fessing up and fixing his mistakes, he punishes our species until the end of time. That is not a God who deserves to be worshipped.
    Well this is my lets sat concluSion. What happened with eve and adam showed that humans are unpredictable and different and they are easily affected. We can say that eve made adam eat too. Thats why he decided to send us in the earth to separate the "good" and strong characters with the 'bad'
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    And btw i dont believe atheist will go to hell or something. That is just stupid. All people will be criticized of how we lived what choices we made and how much we offered to this world and other people NOT to God.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    And guys i just asked your opinion about a picture, u could comment not nessecarily neg me for posting a pic. From +30 i went to -16 in one post lol. Oh well freedom of speech they tell u ,p
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bey Taco)
    I am not arguing in favour of anyone but I have said this to umm and I will say it to you, this argument is illogical because you are simply saying God cannot exist because if he did there would be no suffering.
    That's not the sole reasoning behind my argument, just one part of it. I'm an atheist for many reasons, one reason being I do not believe that there is a loving God out there. I'm only saying the things I am in this thread as they are specifically what have some up, I've not posted all my reasons. If you really think this is what I'm basing all my argument for the non-existence of God then you simply do not have all the information. I would argue the same is true for ummm. There's more to our atheism than one single argument.

You are simply applying the characteristics we as humans give to a figure god. We may have a creater which created us and just went, 'I am bored with humans, onto something new, I will let them get on with it', or infact a god which enjoys human suffering, you may then decide, hang on therefore God is evil but this does not imply that god does not exist, can god not be mean or even uncaring at all?
    Again, that's not my only reasoning for not believing in a God. However, if God does exist and he is mean and uncaring, then why should I try and please him or worship him? Surely only those who deserve our praise should get it?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    And btw i dont believe atheist will go to hell or something. That is just stupid. All people will be criticized of how we lived what choices we made and how much we offered to this world and other people NOT to God.
    Makes the whole religion thing rather pointless then. Why bother worshipping if it makes no difference (unless you're Catholic of course, and believe that saying sorry to God absolves you of any responsibility for living a bad life...).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Makes the whole religion thing rather pointless then. Why bother worshipping if it makes no difference (unless you're Catholic of course, and believe that saying sorry to God absolves you of any responsibility for living a bad life...).
    I am ChrIstian not catholic or prostant i dont know the word in english. 1st) yes i believe that if someone choose not to believe or pray on a god its his right. The only thing he loses is the feeling of fulliness when u have god by ur side.
    2nd) i believe that saying really sorry to god will absolve ur sins
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not arguing in favour of anyone but I have said this to umm and I will say it to you, this argument is illogical because you are simply saying God cannot exist because if he did there would be no suffering. You are simply applying the characteristics we as humans give to a figure god. We may have a creater which created us and just went, 'I am bored with humans, onto something new, I will let them get on with it', or infact a god which enjoys human suffering, you may then decide, hang on therefore God is evil but this does not imply that god does not exist, can god not be mean or even uncaring at all? Maybe our feeling of pain is such that the feeling of fear when watching a movie? Maybe unnecessary suffering is just unnecessary suffering that is all, it is a emotion, something chemical. I personally think that argument which everyone keeps putting forward in favour of athiesm is very weak.
    The very basic argument for atheism is without proof there's no need to believe. You cannot disprove god, and rightly most atheists would not say there is no god, however there is no valid reason to believe in god other than an assumption either based on religious text or ones own personal beliefs. At the end of the day religion and belief in god surrounds 'faith' which is the idea to believe something to be true without substantial proof. Quite frankly for those that believe in god this should be a good enough argument for their beliefs however you cannot expect everyone to adhere to this rational.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You say you are a athiest because you don't think there is a loving God, the true definition of athiest is believing that God doesnt exist at all! Be it he is good or not. What you are saying is, if everyone in this world led great lifestyles and was truelly happy then yes, I would believe in God.

definition of God: (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) The creator and ruler of the universe

I have not said I have all the information however I have evaluated your previous reason and have expressed my views on the argument. You have other reasons, then great for you.

????
    I will simplify this for you. Worshipping are in religions and up to a person. We are talking about the existance of God himself and believing in a deity does not equate you like this deity or you think highly of him enough for him to deserve your prayer or love, however that you think he might have played a role in creation.
    I don't know if it's the point they are making, but God is promoted as unwaveringly good, yet there is INCREDIBLE evil on an ENORMOUSLY flawed planet. Before I was old enough to evaluate evidence etc. - that was precisely the thing that put me off believing in religion. Observing the evil in the world, I could not accept it was made/run by a loving creator.
    • 95 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squishy123)
    You'll have to elaborate.....
    You said that God couldn't increase the size of the planet to accommodate a booming population because "How would scientists explain it?".

If God can only do things science can explain, he isn't a very good deity, now is he? In fact, you might even say he doesn't exist at all and instead, it's all just nature following the rules of the universe...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You say you are a athiest because you don't think there is a loving God, the true definition of athiest is believing that God doesnt exist at all! Be it he is good or not. What you are saying is, if everyone in this world led great lifestyles and was truelly happy then yes, I would believe in God.
    No I say part of the reason I'm an atheist is because I don't think if there were a God, he'd be worthy of worship due to his lack of concern about humans who are supposedly his children. That's not the only reason though, but you seem to be ignoring that I've said that multiple times to boost your own idea of what I believe. Trust me, there's much more to it than that.

I will simplify this for you. Worshipping are in religions and up to a person. We are talking about the existance of God himself and believing in a deity does not equate you like this deity or you think highly of him enough for him to deserve your prayer or love, however that you think he might have played a role in creation.
    I've been discussing this as it came up during the conversation. Let me simplify it for you. I don't see any evidence that a God created us, the Earth or the Universe. There's nothing in nature that we've discovered that suggests a higher power had a hand in creation - that is another reason I'm an atheist.

I find it fascinating that you seem to think you can tell me what I do and do not believe. It's quite impressive that you think you have the ability to do so based on not understanding all my thoughts on this subject. I mean, good try, but you got it totally wrong. You made the same mistake a lot of people with your beliefs do in this type of conversation, you focus in on one thing someone says and then dissect that instead of asking questions to broaden your understanding of atheists beliefs and then discuss them as a whole.

(Original post by callum9999)
    I don't know if it's the point they are making, but God is promoted as unwaveringly good, yet there is INCREDIBLE evil on an ENORMOUSLY flawed planet. Before I was old enough to evaluate evidence etc. - that was precisely the thing that put me off believing in religion. Observing the evil in the world, I could not accept it was made/run by a loving creator.
    You're exactly right, that's not the point I was making. I'd hazard a guess that as you developed and grew up your reasons for not believing broadened to include many other reasons.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Not believing in 'Mom' because you cannot see her (the babies more than likely would feel the mother's presence, and hear her talk) is one thing, but believing in a sky-god hiding in some golden portable shrine and who has a preference for a small section of the population is another.

An atheist challenged a muslim Imam to a debate on the existence of God. They set a time for them to meet up. So the day and time came and left and they kept waiting for the Imam until finally he came. Everyone questioned him about his being late and what happened. So he started explaining how there was river that he had to cross….and he was waiting for a boat to come and bring him on the other side of the river.

While he was waiting, the branches and leaves of the tree fell and slowly formed themselves into a boat. And he jumped in that boat crossed the river. Obviously ppl laughed at this story and the atheist asked him ‘Are you mad enough to believe that a boat was made all by itself?

Imam Abu Hanifa replied ‘Who is more mad? the one who believed that a boat was created by itself, or you who believes that the entire world is created by itself?’
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguysfwn)
    Imam Abu Hanifa replied ‘Who is more mad? the one who believed that a boat was created by itself, or you who believes that the entire world is created by itself?’[/B]

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.