Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain....JUst whats wrong with it?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I read so many articles and listen to people rant on about how rubbish living in Britain is and it drives me nuts! What is wrong with the place, ok its not perfect but you tell me what country on this planet is?

Japan?
    America?
    China?
    Germany?
    France?

No where is perfect and I think we have it pretty good here considering what alot of other countries have to go through.

The weather.......so it rains a bit....so what.....its sunny here as well and alot of other places have worse Weather

Heres a list of things that we don't have in Britain
    • Volcanic Eruptions

• Serious Tornadoes
    • Major Earthquakes
    • Tsunamis

Tovname a few. I have lived in this country my entire life and I love its countryside, football, Cricket etc and have no desire to leave it but all of those who continue to moan about the place and insult it then get the heck out of it and maybe it'll become that bit more brighter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone likes blame their problems on something. In this country, people like to blame the country itself, rather than take any responsibility for themselves. That's why there's a lot of bitchy threads on here.

To sum up: if your life in Britain in crap, it's probably your own fault, not the fault of everyone around you.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, people do moan too much about things that don't really matter.

But at the same time it would be wrong to ignore the problems that do exist in this country which need to be solved, and which can be solved.

Though not the weather
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if people hate Britain for all the mountains.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)
    I read so many articles and listen to people rant on about how rubbish living in Britain is and it drives me nuts! What is wrong with the place, ok its not perfect but you tell me what country on this planet is?

Japan?
    America?
    China?
    Germany?
    France?

No where is perfect and I think we have it pretty good here considering what alot of other countries have to go through.

The weather.......so it rains a bit....so what.....its sunny here as well and alot of other places have worse Weather

• Volcanic Eruptions

• Serious Tornadoes
    • Major Earthquakes
    • Tsunamis

Tovname a few. I have lived in this country my entire life and I love its countryside, football, Cricket etc and have no desire to leave it but all of those who continue to moan about the place and insult it then get the heck out of it and maybe it'll become that bit more brighter.
    Yes but unlike natural disasters, we could avoid our "disaster" if people would stop voting for Labour!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrx123)

Japan?
    America?
    China?
    Germany?
    France?

• Volcanic Eruptions

• Serious Tornadoes
    • Major Earthquakes
    • Tsunamis

It's not just that it rains but that the sky is overcast all the time pretty much, which gives the atmosphere a sense of foreboding and gloomyness. When the sun comes out and the sky is blue, everyone seems to feel better and there is more of a joyful air about the place.

No place is perfect, and I don't think we can compare countries because each has its own pros and cons. To simply waft everything away because they have Tsunamis and we don't is trivialising the real problems that people face in this country.

We must not trivialise.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Granted its not perfect but no country is
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaxxa)
    Everyone likes blame their problems on something. In this country, people like to blame the country itself, rather than take any responsibility for themselves. That's why there's a lot of bitchy threads on here.

To sum up: if your life in Britain in crap, it's probably your own fault, not the fault of everyone around you.
    The majority of problems that people face in this country are not of their own doing: high taxes, low unemployment, the weather, bad housing, social problems, alienation, bad education, neglect, and so forth, we cannot change or fix these like we would change or fix a bike puncture. It's not like people have immediate resources to do much about these things. Most of the solutions to these problems are fixed in higher levels...such as government, for example. Of course, the government are only interested in ligning their own pockets. So, if it is up to us to change things at that level, we really are in a bad mess.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mostly, this is a great country to live in....free and all....yeah, wheather isnt perfect...and theres a fair share of political problems....but besides that, the british are actually very good to their people...compared with other countries...and okay maybe the fair laws are not always practised, but at least they are there and solid unlike other places.....
    And who cares about any of that when your free, safe and with the people you love...lol....:-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    The majority of problems that people face in this country are not of their own doing: high taxes, low unemployment, the weather, bad housing, social problems, alienation, bad education, neglect, and so forth, we cannot change or fix these like we would change or fix a bike puncture. It's not like people have immediate resources to do much about these things. Most of the solutions to these problems are fixed in higher levels...such as government, for example. Of course, the government are only interested in ligning their own pockets. So, if it is up to us to change things at that level, we really are in a bad mess.
    True, that post was kind of harsh. However, what I meant is that we should all take equal responsibility, rather than just pointing the blame at everyone around us (which is something people on TSR do a lot).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The 3 main problems I have with Britain are that the people are generally quite negative people (like Im being here), the people generally do not value freedom and liberty and also I do not think Britain is a very beautiful country.

There are quite a few things I see wrong with the politics of the country as well. No country is perfect though and overall I think Britain is a great country and I do feel priviledged to live here.

I think people often take for granted what they have here and dont realise other countries have plenty of problems if not more than Britain has. I plan to leave Britain as soon as I can but I can still see it is a great country. If you look at all of the countries in the world, Britain is up there as one of the better places to live in my opinion.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Too many attractive women in Britain... rather distracting!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    we also don't have many ****ed up spiders, centipedes etc. That's something.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Brain dead Labour voters
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the "no country is perfect" analogy throughout this thread. there is a differrenc between 'not being perfect' and being the laughing stock of the Western world, as britain currently is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voleva)
    lol @ the "no country is perfect" analogy throughout this thread. there is a differrenc between 'not being perfect' and being the laughing stock of the Western world, as britain currently is.
    who is laughing at Britain?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muddywaters51)
    who is laughing at Britain?
    the whole western world.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    We really enjoy complaining too much (although I'd rather this than threatening to sue for just about anything in the US); Hapathetic, media-driven voters who don't stop and think why they're voting Labour/Tory/Lib c̶o̶n̶Dem and just do it because they see such a fuss over a particular issue on the news; High unemployment and a disgraceful primary and secondary sector industry which is just terrible compared to how successful these used to be; Amount of ethnic diversity too perhaps? I am all for ethnic integration but it is agitating to see so many eastern europeans with entry-level jobs while so many British people are stood outside employment agencies (I know I know blame the cheap-skate corporations and the fact British people can be lazy).

On the other hand, we have freedom and we are not held under oppressive regimes, and live notably healthier, luckier lives than most un-developed nations and developing economies...it could be a lot worse.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Poor work ethic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyyImRyan)
    We really enjoy complaining too much (although I'd rather this than threatening to sue for just about anything in the US); Hapathetic, media-driven voters who don't stop and think why they're voting Labour/Tory/Lib c̶o̶n̶Dem and just do it because they see such a fuss over a particular issue on the news; High unemployment and a disgraceful primary and secondary sector industry which is just terrible compared to how successful these used to be; Amount of ethnic diversity too perhaps? I am all for ethnic integration but it is agitating to see so many eastern europeans with entry-level jobs while so many British people are stood outside employment agencies (I know I know blame the cheap-skate corporations and the fact British people can be lazy).

On the other hand, we have freedom and we are not held under oppressive regimes, and live notably healthier, luckier lives than most un-developed nations and developing economies...it could be a lot worse.
    the uk is usually bottom on worlds healthiest, happiest countries:rolleyes:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.