Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

please help

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    can i use the credits i earned in my first year of uni on a undergraduate course to then carry on my second and third year on at the open university? and will student finance still cover me as im still covered by them?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus2sik)
    can i use the credits i earned in my first year of uni on a undergraduate course to then carry on my second and third year on at the open university? and will student finance still cover me as im still covered by them?
    Yes you can normally transfer your credits. Depends on what you've done this year and what you want to do at the ou. You will still get funding but. Dont think you get the same living allowance etc because they expect you to work or live at home. What degree are not doing atm?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can .. according to your degree, what are you doing ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bownessie)
    Yes you can normally transfer your credits. Depends on what you've done this year and what you want to do at the ou. You will still get funding but. Dont think you get the same living allowance etc because they expect you to work or live at home. What degree are not doing atm?
    im doing network and mobile computing but ive heard they did a computing it with networking pathway or something, how much does the open university cost do you know?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    With the new fee it is 5k per 120 credits. The equivalent of 1 years full time studying
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bownessie)
    With the new fee it is 5k per 120 credits. The equivalent of 1 years full time studying
    do you know if student finance cover you through personal experience?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus2sik)
    do you know if student finance cover you through personal experience?
    If you've only been at a brick university for 1 year then you should get some funding from student finance. Whether it'll cover your whole course, I don't know. Usually you're entitled to the length of your degree + 1 year - so if you were studying a 3 year full time degree you'd be allowed 4 years funding if you had to retake a year for whatever reason. I'm not sure it's so clear when going from full-time to part-time or vice versa. But you should get the majority covered, at least. These are questions you really need to be directing at the OU and the student loans company though

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.