Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tax disc about to run out - Mobility car?!

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My tax runs out at the end of the month (31st may) but I don't know, because I drive the mobility car for my sister as she is unable to, will I automatically get a new disc through the door or will I need to apply for it? I've heard 2 different stories, go to post office and apply for it or the other is that it just gets sent to me automatically.. I just think I should get this sorted sooner rather than later or else my car could be off the road!
    Thanks for replies in advance
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think regardless of vehicle you need to renew it yourself. I'd recommend doing it at the post office as its quick and painless.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If the car's from motability just give them a ring and ask. From memory you only get the reminder two or three weeks before the disc expires so I wouldn't panic just yet. You won't be able to buy a June tax disc yet anyway.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best to 'phone the relevent gvt department for tab cars.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mum's had motability cars for about 15 years and the new task disk was always sent out to her. Give them a ring.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My brother has a motability car, and his new tax disc always comes through the post automatically about a week before it runs out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    Mum's had motability cars for about 15 years and the new task disk was always sent out to her. Give them a ring.

(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    My brother has a motability car, and his new tax disc always comes through the post automatically about a week before it runs out.
    Thanks guys thats good to know. I'll give them a ring anyway!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.