Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Would you vote Tory in the 2015 general election if Boris would be PM? POLL

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Would you vote Tory in 2015 if Boris Johnson would be PM?
    Yes
    41.22%
    Yes, but I would prefer someone else
    11.49%
    No, but I wouldn't vote Tory anyway
    43.24%
    No, because of Boris
    4.05%

• 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson is clearly the most popular Tory in the country right now, and looks to remain that way.

If he were to be leader of the Conservative Party come the next general election (currently scheduled for May 2015) would you vote Tory?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me, Boris Johnson is a clear winner.

Charismatic and passionate, his energy and dynamism would shake up the party.

Ed Miliband would have no chance against the force of nature that is BoJo.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boris is a master of life.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to feel proud or ashamed of myself for saying that, despite holding left wing views, I'd vote for Boris just to see him turn up to G8 summits and insult everyone there.

Also, the hair. It's like candyfloss :heart:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    I don't know whether to feel proud or ashamed of myself for saying that, despite holding left wing views, I'd vote for Boris just to see him turn up to G8 summits and insult everyone there.

Also, the hair. It's like candyfloss :heart:
    He is the man for all seasons.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's a lot better than 'Call-me-Dave' Cameron thats for sure
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4LLY)
    He's a lot better than 'Call-me-Dave' Cameron thats for sure
    What specific things do you dislike about Cameron?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way, the only thing i like about him was the fact that he got egged in 2010's elections
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4LLY)
    Put it this way, the only thing i like about him was the fact that he got egged in 2010's elections
    Well... are you actually able to tell me reasons why you don't like him? Policies of his? Aspects of him personally?

I don't understand that people dislike people but are unable to give reasons why - it seems the same sort of attitude that people that are racist or homophobic have - disliking someone simply for the sake of it seems rather odd.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I despise the man, I'm not even sure why - there is just something about him that grates on me, ergh.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    I despise the man.
    Why?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    Well... are you actually able to tell me reasons why you don't like him? Policies of his? Aspects of him personally?

I don't understand that people dislike people but are unable to give reasons why - it seems the same sort of attitude that people that are racist or homophobic have - disliking someone simply for the sake of it seems rather odd.
    What i don't like about him is that he claims to have an understanding of how everyone lives their life when he (like most politicians) is in fact on a planet of his own where his ideas are far removed from those which would make a difference.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4LLY)
    What i don't like about him is that he claims to have an understanding of how everyone lives their life when he (like most politicians) is in fact on a planet of his own where his ideas are far removed from those which would make a difference.
    How so? I assume you aren't referring to his background, because you say Boris is 'a lot better' although the two attended the same school and university.

Why is David Cameron in particular any more removed from the lives of the working class than any other politician in the Westminster bubble?

Is it an inherently bad thing?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's a more plausible choice for PM after Brian Blessed. Yes, I think all future elections should be based on whether the leader of the party has been on Have I Got News For You.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    How so? I assume you aren't referring to his background, because you say Boris is 'a lot better' although the two attended the same school and university.

Why is David Cameron in particular any more removed from the lives of the working class than any other politician in the Westminster bubble?

Is it an inherently bad thing?
    I prefer Boris to 'Call-Me-Dave' because he's not so pompous and in your face about his upbringing
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4LLY)
    I prefer Boris to 'Call-Me-Dave' because he's not so pompous and in your face about his upbringing
    Eh? When has Cameron been 'in your face' about it?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4LLY)
    I've never seen Cameron show off about his background, that would be suicide, I've never even seen him mention it actually, I think, after reading other posts, you are attacking Cameron at an pre-decided ideological level, and are somewhat influence by the many soundbites of labour populists. Get to the facts or sources, don't make it up!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prog2djent)
    I've never seen Cameron show off about his background, that would be suicide, I've never even seen him mention it actually, I think, after reading other posts, you are attacking Cameron at an pre-decided ideologicaly level, and are somewhat influence by the many soundbites of labour populists. Get to the facts or sources, don't make it up!

I only recall Cameron speaking about his background when being attacked by Labour over it.

I've never heard Cameron make an ad hominem argument against an opponent, however.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dave won't step down for Boris. Anyway I'm a labour supporter, so even though I find Boris amusing, I will NEVER vote him in.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. Boris is a buffoon and I'd never vote Tory either.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.