Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone heard of trigger finger?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    a few weeks ago my index finger suddenley snapped out of place and it looked at a really odd angle- as if it was hanging out of its socket!

It was also excruciatingly painful, i cant even explain it i was almost screaming.

After about 30 seconds it seemed to snap back into place. So i assumed i must have moved funny or something and accidentally dislocated it.

Anyway a couple of weeks later the same thing happened to the same finger. It looked like it was just hanging off my hand and i couldnt move it. And again it was really painful, and lasted about a minute.

My manager today was mentioning trigger fingers and it sounded a bit like that. But im only young!!

Does anyone know anything about trigger finger/thumb and how it can be caused? I use my computer a lot- could that be it?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something to do with the tendons that move your fingers? Better see a doctor.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeh im gonna wait see if it happens again as its only happened twice in the past few weeks.

But it literally snaps and bends and then pops back into place! agonising
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay I have trigger finger, all it is is an inflammation of the tendon in your finger making it click any time you bend it. That sounds NOTHING like what I've got! Seems more like a joint thing?

Definitely go to your doctor.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mum and my sister were both born with trigger thumbs, their thumbs were bent over and occassionally snapped back into "normal" position, which my mum claims was incredibly sore. It means that the tendon is locked and too tight for the thumb to move properly .. Both of them needed surgery under GA to solve it.

It doesn't sound like what you have though - although what you're saying does match with the NHS stuff on it: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Trigger...roduction.aspx

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 8, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.