The Student Room Group

Bin Laden told followers not to 'waste [their] effort' attacking the UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iSMark
I don't have anything to say as what you're saying is wrong....

i have proof, you have none, nor has your government provided any.
Original post by gateshipone

And as I and others have said, the towers DID withstand the impact of the planes. It's not like the collapsed as soon as the plane hit, they stood for quite a while. Seems to me they did exactly what they were designed to do: not collapse on impact.

no, they weren't designed to stand there for a while then collapse, they were designed to withstand the impact full stop...
logging out now, will be back on a later date.
Original post by King-Panther

The difference between Hypothesis, Theory, and Law

Hypothesis: A hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. ~ A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

Theory: A theory summarises a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. ~ One definition of a theory is to say that it is an accepted hypothesis.

Law: A law generalises a body of observations. At the time it is made, no exceptions have been found to a law. Scientific laws explain things, but they do not describe them. ~ One way to tell a law and a theory apart is to ask if the theory gives you a means to explain 'why'.
Reply 264
Well shame thats not bin laden.

I'm sure even a retard can notice the difference.

one photo was taken with a carrot, the other was taken with a potato?
Reply 265

My government is the same as your government, you're from London.

It may be customary for you not to trust people by word, and rightly so as many places that bin laden associates with have corrupt governments. I however trust the US and UK governments to not lie about this matter.
no, they weren't designed to stand there for a while then collapse, they were designed to withstand the impact full stop...

I never claimed they were designed to stand and then collapse. Obviously they were never designed to purposely collapse and no sane person would claim that. What I, and you incidentally, said was they were designed to withstand the initial impact of a plane which they did. What you're doing is using a strawman to ignore what I'm actually writing. Unfortunately you're making it a bit too obvious.

There's plenty of independent, non-government proof out there. You've simply decided to ignore it.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest