Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

If EVERY animal in the world turned against us, could we survive?

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcummins1)
    Might as well kill ourselves now if we have to fight the legendary honey badger...
    They turn against humans anyway.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcummins1)
    Might as well kill ourselves now if we have to fight the legendary honey badger...

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think we'd win or at least keep them at bay.

People are saying we'd use guns and lose against ants, but we wouldn't for smaller stuff. We'd use fire wouldn't we? Which would be capable of beating the smaller creatures such as insects. And we'd wear protective clothes ourselves so we wouldn't get hurt by insects and stuff, or the weapons we're using to defeat them.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that Australia's population and the populations in Africa would be first to go if that happened, considering all of the poisonous/disease carrying bugs they have there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Certainly something worth invetigating.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure animals are clever enough, the bugs would get squished underfoot by the herds of enraged animals and they would probably end up fighting each other. Going outside would be pretty rough but if I locked my doors and armed myself I doubt things would be too bad.

It depends if they co-operated, eagles picking up sharks and dropping them through windows etc.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread reminds me of "Far Away" by Caryl Churchill. The cats have come in on the side of the French, and there's thousands dead of light in Madagascar
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Australia....

The Home to 22 out of the top 25 most poisonous animals discovered.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid96)
    The insects would absolutely destroy us.

"some scientists estimate that for ever human alive today there are 200 million insects"

"At any time, it is estimated that there are some 10 quintillion (10000000000000000000) individual insects alive"

Imagine being attacked by 200000000 ants at once.

But then we could take them all out, and ourselves, by launching a bunch of nukes.
    Insects deep underground would survive. Cockroaches almost certainly would and then can you nuke the sea and oceans?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Our downfall would probably be dustmites. Hundreds/thousands of them could crawl up our noses and destroy our brains/windpipes etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they retained the same level of intelligence then no. And technically alot of predators are already turned on us like lions.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Considering the fact that for the animals to do this they must have developed the intelligence to work together, communicate and organise themselves then I would say no; because our only advantage over other animals is our intelligence which nothing else even comes close to.

We have no natural weapons, like claws, venom, a strong bite etc. we would also quickly exhaust all of the ammunition for the weapons we would be using to fight them off.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney)
    If every other species turned against us then we would be screwed. If it was just animals, I think we could cope, but the birds and especially insects would have us for breakfast, lunch and possibly hors d'oeuvre.
    This. Land/flying animals are generally ok, but when you have insects it is already game over.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0906079)
    Aren't there something ridiculous like 100 millions ants per human on the planet?

If we bomb entire continents, where would the people go? We can't really transport them using the sea, road or air because the fish would take down any ship, would be impossible to use the roads and the birds would take down anything in the air.
    What are you smoking OP?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR09)
    Considering the fact that for the animals to do this they must have developed the intelligence to work together, communicate and organise themselves then I would say no; because our only advantage over other animals is our intelligence which nothing else even comes close to.
    Ants work together to build civilizations. A pack of hyenas works together to take down an antelope. Many more which i cba to think up.

Also insects WILL find a way to get to you no matter how intelligent you are, that's probably why they are the biggest threat.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    Ants work together to build civilizations. A pack of hyenas works together to take down an antelope. Many more which i cba to think up.

Also insects WILL find a way to get to you no matter how intelligent you are, that's probably why they are the biggest threat.
    I know, but the I was trying to make was that for these animals to collectiveely come together and knowingly single out all humans and work together for one ultimate aim, would take an incredible leap in the intelligence of current animals.

Although reading my original post I realise it didnt make much sense it is late (that will be my lame excuse)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    What are you smoking OP?
    ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Planet of the Apes

thats all im saying....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Simply depends on if the animals would cooperate with their own species as well as others.

What about Carnivores who don't like the taste of human, would they be able to stop themselves eating what they really want.

If a human had complete control of all the other species on the planet and coordinated, we'd have little chance, unless we found out who it was.

I like this question, makes a nice change to the artificial intelligence one that's always asked.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No chance whatsoever, unless the animals where able to disable the world's plethora of military bases, which are highly secured anyway.

Biological warfare could disable vast quantities of their 'force' in the first place.

Not to mention that, with deforestation and over-fishing we're already half way to 'winning' this 'war', which would be hugely self-defeating in the first place.

I pledge that in the event of animals turning against us, we pursue a policy of diplomacy. The vegans can negotiate.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.