The Student Room Group

edexcel biology unit 2 and 3b

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danger-.-
oh =$ many thx to you ! =p
have any prediction on the article ? =p

Anytime.

I'm very bad at predicting these stuff. Although I have a feeling totipotency may come. (Now I must have jinxed it and we get Mitosis). I heard that there's going to be something from risk factors - again not really sure about this. The article should be alright. Just read it carefully and know where they talk about the ethical, social, economical and environmental issues. They always ask something related to that. Other than that, just be confident. You'll do great.
Original post by Nightwalker
Anytime.

I'm very bad at predicting these stuff. Although I have a feeling totipotency may come. (Now I must have jinxed it and we get Mitosis). I heard that there's going to be something from risk factors - again not really sure about this. The article should be alright. Just read it carefully and know where they talk about the ethical, social, economical and environmental issues. They always ask something related to that. Other than that, just be confident. You'll do great.

what do you mean by risk factors?
Reply 102
guyz can you write me the steps that occur in g1,s,g2 phase in interphase ??
Reply 103
Anytime.

heh.. ya :wink: :wink: thx ! =p
:wink: best of luck to you man !!
guyz can you write me the steps that occur in g1,s,g2 phase in interphase ??

G1 - Synthesis of new DNA and histone proteins and synthesis of new cell organelles.
S stage - Replication of the DNA that cause the DNA number to multiply.
G2 Stage - Replication of the cell organelles synthesized in G1 and synthesis of other RNA and proteins.

^ Again don't need to know this. Just know the stages of Mitosis - Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase and Telophase.
Original post by dunia.hatabeh
what do you mean by risk factors?

The risks involved in high blood pressure or heart rate - CVD's. That sort of stuff.
Reply 106
G1 - Synthesis of new DNA and histone proteins and synthesis of new cell organelles.
S stage - Replication of the DNA that cause the DNA number to multiply.
G2 Stage - Replication of the cell organelles synthesized in G1 and synthesis of other RNA and proteins.

^ Again don't need to know this. Just know the stages of Mitosis - Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase and Telophase.

dude thank you so much ! =p
oh lol ok sure =p !
Reply 107
do we need to know how to standardize maceration ??
Reply 108
how to make the totipotincy experiment more reliable ?
do we need to know how to standardize maceration ??

Standard Maceration by mounted needles. I don't know, maybe pressing 5 times or something.
how to make the totipotincy experiment more reliable ?

Check the last post on Page 5.
Reply 111
Standard Maceration by mounted needles. I don't know, maybe pressing 5 times or something.

oh thank you again ! =p
Reply 112
Well that exam was a bummer
Reply 113
LAWL. lol. whatever happened happened. lol.
Reply 115
Th exam was different to previous papers, what was the answer to the last question about treatments other than acupuncture?
Reply 116
Original post by TheMJCG
Th exam was different to previous papers, what was the answer to the last question about treatments other than acupuncture?

I wrote about drugs and it's side effects and linked almost everything related to drugs from the article.
Did any of you guys draw 2 piecharts about that question asking for visual representation? And what did you have to write on comment about validity?

FYI thanks to the article, this paper officially was the worst of them all. Difficulty somewhere next to the paper which had garlic on bacteria.
(edited 11 years ago)
what in the world was that ?! the second question especially was so frustrating :angry:
Reply 118
for the visual i did a bar chart

and for the last question i referred that the treatment could be improved using safer equipment and sterile conditions..to reduce the side effects and injuries caused
Reply 119
hmmm about validity..... i took the information given in paragraphs which was not related t the table given at all ..so not valid...and the other info was valid because sources were given and data

Quick Reply

Latest