The Student Room Group

Wolud you date somebody who earns minimum wage?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Someone's salary wouldn't be a consideration in my choosing to date them.
Yes. I don't see how that effects anything; it's the 21st century, neither of us would be financially dependant on the other. I'd date someone on unemployment if they were a decent human being. What does it matter if I ended up baying the bigger share of the bills? Given ten minutes and a calculator we could pay the same proportion of our wages toward stuff to make it stay fair. The only exception would be if they turned out to be a leech and only there because I was comparatively rich, although that is extremely unlikely thanks to the current government's being about as good as appendicitis.
Couldn't care less. I love someone for who they are not how much they are worth.
Always slit everything 50:50 anyway so with a seperate economy the other party's income isn't important.
Who cares?
Someone's wage does not define who they are
OP, most people are students here. How many people on TSR are actually in full time employment and are earning above minimium wage?
So they'd have to be a hypocrite to say no, and remember we are in a recession where jobs are scarce, a lot of university graduates are working minimium wage jobs or are unemployed.

Original post by Super Cicero
Edge hill uni?

I've heard of Edgeville - a town in Runescape on the edge of the wilderness, and the Battle of Edgehill in the Engish Civil War, but I have never heard of "Edge hill uni".

Its a real university.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
well my mother does
Yes.

There's nothing wrong with minimum wage, generally it's bloody hard work.
My dad had to get 2 jobs when I was born and we were still pretty poor, but he worked his arse off to support us and eventually worked his way up & now earns a very reasonable amount.
I'd rather be with someone who's willing to work then who thinks such jobs are beneath them.

Besides, surely how much someone earns isn't something you find out straight away anyway, so the people who're saying no are basically saying if they really liked someone and enjoyed spending time with them.. they would dump them as soon as they found out what they earnt? Charming :rolleyes:
Of course I would, at least they are working despite the minimum wage pay rather than sitting at home on benefits all day.
Reply 48
A chick's income wouldn't influence my decision to date her, however, if I was going to settle down with someone, I would have to take into account how financially stable they are, their potential, or really, how much of a desire they have to make something of their life. At the end of the day though, the person they are and the love between the two of you is what matters the most.
Reply 49
The amount of money a man earns is a big factor in which women or how many of them he is able to date.

Although to think that people who earn minimum wage would be unable to get a date with someone is stupid.
Reply 50
Given my past dating record, I think I'll have to take whatever I can get.
Reply 51
Yes because its not the wage, itz the person
Original post by geetar
Given my past dating record, I think I'll have to take whatever I can get.

Given my past dating records, I might have to take a loss and pay someone minimum wage to date me.
Reply 53
Original post by Strepsils
Maybe, but compared to say a graduate earning £500 + per week, its not

£500 is a lot. With that amount of money they can eat anything they want any much they want.
Graduates are so lucky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending