The Student Room Group

IB exams- TZ1 Maths SL

I just took paper 2 for math SL and it was so much harder than expected! The last few problems particularly and sadly they had the most marks attached. I think it was stress but I'm a newbie to IB so how harshly do they grade and stuff? So worried because the other candidates keep telling me "it's so easy to get a 7"!
Reply 1
yeah it was really hard.. I don't think it's easy to get a 7, especially in math, but it's still possible. I think it will be easier to get good grades this year, cause many people are saying it was not easy
Reply 2
Do you think the boundaries are going to fall for TZ1? I also found it quite difficult, last years's exam waa quite easy
Reply 3
yeah last year felt so much easier when i took the exams as practice :frown: I took TZ2 and paper 2 was RIDIC in difficulty
Reply 4
Yeah I *hope* boundaries fall but even if they do I think I'm SOL anyway ;___;
Reply 5
Ye, paper 2 was difficult:frown: Did anyone skip any questions or like not get any answers some of the questions S:?
Reply 6
yes, in paper 2 i didn't have time to do the last question with the straight lines and the last question of the trigonometry exercise. Does tz1 sit the exam earlier than tz2?
Reply 7
It was so time intensive it was crazy, also the obtuse angle on the second till last question made all my answers incorrect, and I didn't realise until the end of the exam.
Reply 8
yes, i had difficulty with the obtuse angle as well. you had to do the sine rule and then find an angle but then you had to find the other angle (pie minus the angle you found), since sine rule is an ambiguous case.
Reply 9
Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 On TZ1 ( idont know about TZ2) were so difficult! I am almost certain that Boundaries will fall, right...?
Reply 10
Original post by Kost_119
Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 On TZ1 ( idont know about TZ2) were so difficult! I am almost certain that Boundaries will fall, right...?

ye kost did u skip questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending