Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Usain Bolt race row?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    Totally agree with this post :yep:

And lol, I don't feel hurt, angry o bitter about all of this. Quite frankly I don't care.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
    Good for you I really don't care when I see white women with black men but I have friends and family who do, even when the guy looks a fool. People are still posting on this thread, I posted ages ago lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    some of you are living testament why people from all creed and colour, step in and take us for a joke and take everything our ancestors have worked hard for .

For instance how the hell have we allowed asians who have my upmost respect by the way to control ALL of our afro hair and beauty stores .
    Could you imagine blacks controlling 90 percent of indian restaraunts .
    NO because they would not allow it .

We just accept too much and people wonder why we are the poorest race in probably every country we are in.

And the thing with this whole situation is its a numbers game thats the problem .
    When 9 out of 10 british black men in POWER i.e footballers , politicians , musicians do NOT date their own women questions sadly do need to be asked .

Some of you black heads type in willie lynch in google hopefully you can get some knowledge
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    Good for you I really don't care when I see white women with black men but I have friends and family who do, even when the guy looks a fool. People are still posting on this thread, I posted ages ago lol.
    People can date who they want but I care when I see people exclusively dating one race as if it's some exotic fetish. Not saying white women do, this applies to everybody.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something i've noticed about black people in general (being black my self) is that love to try and rip the **** out of their own long especially when the target is someone famous. Then they need to bring race into things as if its some almighty burden that should dictate their lives.

Similar to when a smart black teenager gets accused by his less academically able peers of being "too white" or as my mum calls me a "coconut".

Yet, afterwards, they blame others for this 'divide and conquer' **** (Diane Abbott, I'm looking at you).

You can apply this to inter-racial relationships, It's stuff like this that causes so much tension between black males and females.
    I can remember two occasions where my mum has had a go at my relatives for talking about inter-racial relationships not lasting or being artificial. It's rather funny because the inter-racial relationships that my relatives have been in seemed to be longer lasting and more full of joy compared to my other relatives that actively frown upon things like this.

Why the **** are people having a go at Bolt, as long he wins this year who should really care about what he does in his personal life, as long as it's not illegal.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazzabazza)
    Something i've noticed about black people in general (being black my self) is that love to try and rip the **** out of their own long especially when the target is someone famous. Then they need to bring race into things as if its some almighty burden that should dictate their lives.

Similar to when a smart black teenager gets accused by his less academically able peers of being "too white" or as my mum calls me a "coconut".

Yet, afterwards, they blame others for this 'divide and conquer' **** (Diane Abbott, I'm looking at you).

You can apply this to inter-racial relationships, It's stuff like this that causes so much tension between black males and females.
    I can remember two occasions where my mum has had a go at my relatives for talking about inter-racial relationships not lasting or being artificial. It's rather funny because the inter-racial relationships that my relatives have been in seemed to be longer lasting and more full of joy compared to my other relatives that actively frown upon things like this.

Why the **** are people having a go at Bolt, as long he wins this year who should really care about what he does in his personal life, as long as it's not illegal.

Agreed
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:

I agree. I am a black person and I am so sick of the race card being played in most things. It's ridiculous. I'd rather go about my business and be a normal human being rather than go about exploiting race 'issues'. I even see some of it from the posts on this thread and it disgusts me.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunami2011)
    Black girls who think like you annoy me so ****ing much. Why do you have to look so deeply into it, can't you just accept that some black guys just find white women more attractive than black women, and that's understandable.
    This.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    I agree. I am a black person and I am so sick of the race card being played in most things. It's ridiculous. I'd rather go about my business and be a normal human being rather than go about exploiting race 'issues'. I even see some of it from the posts on this thread and it disgusts me.
    Doubt you are black to be honest . Probably are mixed race that sees herself as black when you are NOT black .
    And if you haven't already noticed colour is very important and if you think it isn't you are very,very naive . Just ask the poor little african kids that are starving to death and living in poverty because of what some very very evil people did to them and are STILL doing i.e stealing all of our resources and everything they can get their grubby hands on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoferdinand)
    Doubt you are black to be honest . Probably are mixed race that sees herself as black when you are NOT black .
    And if you haven't already noticed colour is very important and if you think it isn't you are very,very naive . Just ask the poor little african kids that are starving to death and living in poverty because of what some very very evil people did to them and are STILL doing i.e stealing all of our resources and everything they can get their grubby hands on
    It isn't a race thing when someone takes resources, that's why we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. Refute that all you want but I can bring up so much evidence, you'll just look stupid. Just ask the dead Afghanistani children.
    It's not because these people were olive/ brown coloured, its because the West COULD take their resources, and so they did.

Apply the same thing to Africa, as we all know Africa is very rich in resources, tens of billions upon tens billions upon barrels of oil. With countries such as the USA and China battling to become/ stay the number one world superpower, where the amount oil basically dictates your industry as well as your economy, who's to say they can't take oil from countries that aren't even utilising their resources well if not at all.
    If the corrupt leaders of these African countries are silly enough to allow anyone to come and take what they want in exchange for bribes of cash that pales in comparison to the value of the resources, who isn't going to take advantage of that? I know I would.

Africa isn't getting "robbed" because its inhabitants are virtually all black, they're getting ripped off because they can get ripped off with little consequence.

To me this isn't a race thing unless you're trying to imply that the inability to start industrialisng and standing up to other countries is due to the colour of skin. If this is the case, I'll point you to Nigeria, the third fastest growing economy in the world and guess what... they're Black! :eek:

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can KIND of see what you're getting at. My disagreement is that in the UK, it would be silly to purposely seek out a black partner when you are around mainly white people. It's only natural that you will then become attracted to them. I really don't see the big deal, lots of black people I know wrongly don't give much thought to their heritage. It's just stupid to purposefully seek out a black girl, when there may not be anything which links me to them except colour.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I AM black.

Secondly, if you are mixed race (as in half black half white), then you are mixed race. You're not black, you're not white, you are half black and half white, hence mixed race, and if I were mixed race I'd identify myself that way.

Of course in some aspects race is important in some ways, things are not as clear cut as they seem (especially in the media). I am not naive. The only thing is, I am smart enough not to turn race into an issue, and that's not a bad thing.

If I wanted to date someone of a different race, I would. I don't feel obliged to do otherwise because people tell me to.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It isn't a race thing when someone takes resources, that's why we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. Refute that all you want but I can bring up so much evidence, you'll just look stupid. Just ask the dead Afghanistani children.
    It's not because these people were olive/ brown coloured, its because the West COULD take their resources, and so they did.

Apply the same thing to Africa, as we all know Africa is very rich in resources, tens of billions upon tens billions upon barrels of oil. With countries such as the USA and China battling to become/ stay the number one world superpower, where the amount oil basically dictates your industry as well as your economy, who's to say they can't take oil from countries that aren't even utilising their resources well if not at all.
    If the corrupt leaders of these African countries are silly enough to allow anyone to come and take what they want in exchange for bribes of cash that pales in comparison to the value of the resources, who isn't going to take advantage of that? I know I would.

Africa isn't getting "robbed" because its inhabitants are virtually all black, they're getting ripped off because they can get ripped off with little consequence.

To me this isn't a race thing unless you're trying to imply that the inability to start industrialisng and standing up to other countries is due to the colour of skin. If this is the case, I'll point you to Nigeria, the third fastest growing economy in the world and guess what... they're Black! :eek:

You can talk as much malarky as you want . The fact of the matter is this you couldn't name me one white country where the majority are living in poverty thats one . Two it doesn't changed the fact that black countries are still getting robbed . And who told you that Nigeria is the third fastest growing economy ?
    Let me guess the European media .
    The European media are rewriting history as we speak . For instance
    In a hundred years time the future children will be reading in their history books that we invaded iraq because of terrorism when its really because of oil.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunami2011)
    I can KIND of see what you're getting at. My disagreement is that in the UK, it would be silly to purposely seek out a black partner when you are around mainly white people. It's only natural that you will then become attracted to them. I really don't see the big deal, lots of black people I know wrongly don't give much thought to their heritage. It's just stupid to purposefully seek out a black girl, when there may not be anything which links me to them except colour.
    For the past few years people have been banging on about the term british jobs for british workers .
    That means the original british people think its good to look after their own and its good to spread the funds between themselves .
    So why shouldn't we apply this to colour ?
    I have not much of a problem with whites they are cool people , but my point is yes we might all be fairly integrated through things like college,university,pubs etc but when it comes to money ,wealth , success black people per person are by far poorer than whites and most probably the poorest race per person in every country we are in
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:

:yep:
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^^ Actually it's true, Nigeria has one of the fastest growing economies, but the media HARDLY report on it compared to China and India.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can talk as much malarky as you want . The fact of the matter is this you couldn't name me one white country where the majority are living in poverty thats one . Two it doesn't changed the fact that black countries are still getting robbed . And who told you that Nigeria is the third fastest growing economy ?
    Let me guess the European media .
    The European media are rewriting history as we speak . For instance
    In a hundred years time the future children will be reading in their history books that we invaded iraq because of terrorism when its really because of oil.
    1. Uzbekistan, 76.7% of population live under the poverty line of $2 a day, and 46.3% live off less than $1.25 a day. They seem pretty white to me. According to the CIA, around 53% of the people in Tajikistan also live under the poverty line, they also seem to have white skin. That's two countries, there are quite a few other Ex-soviets that come pretty close as well. Of course, that doesn't really change anything does it?
    2. I never said, it did change the fact, I said that it was down to the African states to do something about it, rather than just crying about it. Nobody else is going to help them apart from themselves. Of course, what USA, China and other MEDCs are doing can be seen as morally wrong, that doesn't mean what they're doing is with the sole intention to **** up African countries because their inhabitants are black, they're doing it to look after their own countries and to not be outdone.

3. It was actually the Nigerian government that published the report but if it makes you feel any better, the CIA puts Nigeria at 25th (as of 2011).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    People can date who they want but I care when I see people exclusively dating one race as if it's some exotic fetish. Not saying white women do, this applies to everybody.
    I know what you mean. Usually you can straight away tell when someone is like that.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    I know what you mean. Usually you can straight away tell when someone is like that.
    True

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
    • 138 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    But what happens if they only find one race sexually attractive? Not their fault & certainly not our place to pass judgement. What about someone who only dates one specific gender is their something wrong with that as well. As long as your open & friendly to all races I don't see the problem tbh.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    But what happens if they only find one race sexually attractive? Not their fault & certainly not our place to pass judgement. What about someone who only dates one specific gender is their something wrong with that as well. As long as your open & friendly to all races I don't see the problem tbh.
    Na there's definitely a difference trust me. I'll post a video of what I'm on about when I'm at a computer. If you like the person and they happen to be a certain race, fine, nothing wrong with that. If you like the person because they are a certain race that is wrong.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 4, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.