Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Minecraft for Xbox 360

Announcements Posted on
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:

This game has just stolen six hours of my life, and I want to keep playing. I don't what I hate more, the game or myself, right now=P
    • 161 followers

(Original post by Luke0011)
    I still need to make a house. My house ended up as a rollercoaster!
    Haha sorry about that. Well, it was your house. Then it turned into a boathouse before we went with rollarcoaster.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighwayUnicorn)
    I bought it today!

Is it always so dark at night? I cannot see a thing when dusk falls.
    Sort of what torches are for
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Sort of what torches are for
    But I can't mine for coal to make the torches without light I cannot see a thing at night-time. Quite a few other people are having the same problem.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    But I can't mine for coal to make the torches without light I cannot see a thing at night-time. Quite a few other people are having the same problem.
    Just find an open vein near the surface.

There're usually loads about if you look
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Burn wood in a furnace, with wood. Get charcoal + stick = torch
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I see, thanks guys
    • 161 followers

The town looks great so far. How did some of you get glass windows though? :holmes:
    • 161 followers

Day 1:

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Nice looking village. Just one question, how do you defend against monsters with no gates or doors?

Me and a couple of my friends have been building a castle the last 2 days, its roughly 40x40 blocks with 5 block high walls. Then it has about 15 block high towers at the back and a citadel with a further two towers in the middle. All we need to do now is fill up the last half of the castle with a greenhouse and some shops.

So far it has taken us about 2 double chests worth of cobblestone
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The town looks great so far. How did some of you get glass windows though? :holmes:
    put sand in a furnace to get glass
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy_J)
    Nice looking village. Just one question, how do you defend against monsters with no gates or doors?
    It's set to peaceful at the moment, so no monsters. Not sure if Ape plans to change that eventually :holmes:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    People sneered and laughed at us playing Minecraft on the PC and now everyone is experiencing getting hooked to it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    It's set to peaceful at the moment, so no monsters. Not sure if Ape plans to change that eventually :holmes:
    Im not a fan of peaceful, I always have it on Normal. I like the aspect of danger when mining that you could stumble into a cave with a mob spawner in it at any point. Although when my houses aren't very secure I sometimes resort to sleeping in a 3x2 room with 2 block thick stone walls I seal myself into at night for safety
    • 161 followers

(Original post by Luke0011)
    put sand in a furnace to get glass
    Ah, gotcha!

(Original post by Gofre)
    Do you guys want me to change it to that this weekend or further along down the line? I thought we could go through a creative phase at first with the town but if would like the danger aspect as well, I can set it to that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ah, gotcha!

Do you guys want me to change it to that this weekend or further along down the line? I thought we could go through a creative phrase at first with the town but if would like the danger aspect as well, I can set it to that.
    I think keep it at this until we have a full 8 in our town? then all hell can break loose
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys want me to change it to that this weekend or further along down the line? I thought we could go through a creative phrase at first with the town but if would like the danger aspect as well, I can set it to that.
    Don't change it until that village in way more secure. Mobs can spawn in any location that is dark so you need to light up the whole place like a Christmas tree, I've had creepers spawn inside my castle at times and wander around the courtyard because I've left a dark patch. I also had them spawn on my towers and jump down at me as well.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:

I don't mind personally, although I did manage to find a natural cave system in my mining travels (And when I tried to escape I ended up tunnelling into the seabed, although lava had claimed my goodies by that point so it was actually quite amusing) so I'll have to patch my lair's wall up :ahee:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me and my gf played splitscreen today was well fun like!

Water falls are my new found ladder (I bet that's probs well known but am a noob).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyed playing this last night. Got hooked again

Regarding the difficulty, I may be wrong, but I think I read that you can't change it in-game at the moment, but they'll be adding that option at a later date.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.