The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a baked apple.. ive never tried that.. im sure its fine.. i mean u arent adding no sugar or other fatty foods with it..
Reply 2
I don't see how they can be bad for you, they are just apples that are warm and squidgy but I'm surebody can give you a better answer.
Reply 3
ew. warm squidgy apples... niiiice...
Reply 4
pumpkin7
ew. warm squidgy apples... niiiice...

I'm not a big fan of them either. If you add sugar to them then they won't be as good for you.
Reply 5
They're absolutely healthy for you as long as you don't do the classic and cover them in butterscotch sauce!!!! They'd be really good if stuffed with dried fruit- raisins, apricots etc. and another nice idea is to cut the apple into slices (not too thick) and put then on a baking tray with the oven set really low at 50 degrees C for as long as you can and then leave them there overnight with the oven off and cooling. This is also good with oranges as it intensifies the flavour making them really sweet without sugar! Enjoy!
Reply 6
ahahahaha

people on here make me laugh!

last week we had someone asking if eating raw mushrooms was ok *rolls eyes* duh of course is it as long as its not the magic kind, and now we have someone asking if its ok to eat a baked apple :confused: of course it is. if it wasnt noone would eat apple pies :P
So long as you're not coring them then jamming the hole with cinnamon sugar they're no worse for you than a regular apple.
Reply 8
Sheen
last week we had someone asking if eating raw mushrooms was ok *rolls eyes* duh of course is it as long as its not the magic kind, and now we have someone asking if its ok to eat a baked apple :confused: of course it is. if it wasnt noone would eat apple pies :P

I didn't say 'is it alright', I said 'are they healthy'. Read posts before commenting.
Reply 9
oh im so sorry *rolls eyes*
of course its fine as long as you dont add stuff on it. well its upto anyway i prob wouldnt eat it without any sugar on
The cooking probably gets rid of a lot of what makes apples a health food. Raw fruit and veg always has more vitamins and all that then cooked. Obviously don't eat things that can't be eaten raw, but it's why steamed veg is better for you than boiled veg, say.

But yeah, as others have said, unless you pile it with sugar, it's perfectly healthy.
Reply 11
Do you mean once theyre baked? Because eating cooking apples, uncooked, isnt good for you!
Reply 12
of course not, the baking genetically mutates the apple into pure lard :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Sarky ****
B_e_x
Do you mean once theyre baked? Because eating cooking apples, uncooked, isnt good for you!

Why not? They taste much better raw, and I've never noticed any adverse effects.
awkward_eagle
Why not? They taste much better raw, and I've never noticed any adverse effects.

She means cooking apples specifically.

You're not supposed to eat those raw, but I'm not sure why, or how much damage they'd do.
Reply 16
Vitamin C is destroyed by heating.
Reply 17
brimstone1
Sarky ****

i'm a star? wonderful.
Yep on the F Plan diet they are one of the really low calories puddings, theyr so nice as well, much better for you than chocolate..which i can never turn down!!
dogtanian
She means cooking apples specifically.

You're not supposed to eat those raw, but I'm not sure why, or how much damage they'd do.

Is that because they're quite sour and they can cause a stomach upset? Although I've never had a problem... lol

Also, this is going slightly o/t, but cooked tomotoes and tomotoe sauce are better for you than raw tomotoes...

Latest