Reply 3
Original post by BenWood!X
i want to study RS or law at uni. i'm thinking of taking

-rs
-history
-eng lit
-philosophy
-law/media (5th as)

English Literature and History are very respected.
Religious Studies and Philosophy are decently respected but are very similar subjects that shouldn't really be took together and both Law and Media are hated by universities.
Reply 4
At least you didn't take film studies.
(edited 11 years ago)
English Literature - yes
History - yes
EITHER Philosophy OR RS - yes
Law - seems to be a bit of a grey area... some say 'yes', others 'no'. I think no
Media - no
Original post by Dalek1099
English Literature and History are very respected.
Religious Studies and Philosophy are decently respected but are very similar subjects that shouldn't really be took together and both Law and Media are hated by universities.

You don't know what your talking about. It depends what course your going to apply for. As the OP wants to do a RS or Law degree all of the A-levels are fine apart from Media.
Reply 7
Original post by TheInvincibles14
You don't know what your talking about. It depends what course your going to apply for. As the OP wants to do a RS or Law degree all of the A-levels are fine apart from Media.

Taking Law for a Law degree isn't recommended for some strange reason because universities want to teach you law themselves and don't like how its taught at A-Level so A-Levels in the degree subject area aren't always respected especially law.
Reply 8
Generally speaking, English Lit and History are the more respected courses, but if you're interested in taking RS or Law at uni like you've stated, then it will a) really help with the degree if you've already got background knowledge from A-level, b) show your interest in taking such degree subjects and c) some universities may request you take the subject at A-level as an entry requirement. And Philosophy will tie in to RS somewhat which may help. So I'd say yes to all, except Media.
Taking Law for a Law degree isn't recommended for some strange reason because universities want to teach you law themselves and don't like how its taught at A-Level so A-Levels in the degree subject area aren't always respected especially law.

Every post i see of yours seems to have at least one neg rep?!
Yes to all except Media studies and Law as most universities prefer that you haven't already studies A level Law.
Original post by Frodo Baggins
Every post i see of yours seems to have at least one neg rep?!

I really don't know why people keep negging me and its not surprising that every post you see of mine has a neg rep on it because I'm currently the 8th most negged member on TSR.
Instead of there being a huge debate among the TSR folk, this might help-

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/media/informed-choices/InformedChoices-latest.pdf

...the real experts talking :smile:
Reply 13
All are fine. Just seriously consider doing media studies, as it is frowned upon by many reputable universities. Law, however, creates mixed views for most universities.

It very much depends on the course you want to do at university.
Reply 14
So much misinformation in this thread. History and English are fine. Religious Education isn't so bad. The rest are not recommended if you want to get into a good uni.
Reply 15
I really don't know why people keep negging me and its not surprising that every post you see of mine has a neg rep on it because I'm currently the 8th most negged member on TSR.

Honestly, its like a habit to neg you now for most. Neg first and read post later.
Reply 16
Original post by BenWood!X
i want to study RS or law at uni. i'm thinking of taking

-rs
-history
-eng lit
-philosophy
-law/media (5th as)

RS/Philo - yes (take 1 not both)
History - yes
Eng lit - yes

media/law - laughable, don't bother especially for a future in law.
Reply 17
Original post by The Doggfather
English Lit and History are respected

The rest aren't

This.

<3 x
Reply 18
I'm currently the 8th most negged member on TSR.

How do you know that?

<3 x
Original post by LETSJaM
How do you know that?

<3 x

Click on Forums then Members and look at the Last page.It will take a while loading the page.

Quick Reply

Latest