The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Societies in UCLAN

So has anyone already decided, or has thought about, joining any of the societies/clubs at UCLAN? Or start any new ones? :smile:

I've already decided that I want to join the Burlesque club and the LGBT society! :smile:

Anyone else? xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Feminist society and LGBT for me! :-) Nice to meet you!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lucymoses
Feminist society and LGBT for me! :-) Nice to meet you!

Yay! :smile: It's lovely to meet you too! I'm really excited about the societies and the LGBT society is the one I'm most looking forward too! :smile: x
Reply 3
Original post by miss-marie
So has anyone already decided, or has thought about, joining any of the societies/clubs at UCLAN? Or start any new ones? :smile:

I've already decided that I want to join the Burlesque club and the LGBT society! :smile:

Anyone else? xx

Burlesque is one for me! Also wanting to get into cheerleading and rugby team maybe! x
Reply 4
Original post by laura_ann
Burlesque is one for me! Also wanting to get into cheerleading and rugby team maybe! x

Awesome! :biggrin: It's lovely to meet you! xx
Reply 5

Anyone else? xx

Would love to join the Burlesque Club!
Reply 6
Original post by Farrugiaaaa
Would love to join the Burlesque Club!

Ah! You should definitely! It looks amazingly fun! :smile: xx
Reply 7
Ah! You should definitely! It looks amazingly fun! :smile: xx

I didnt even know about it till i saw this, but i'm a big vintage 1940s fan so i'd be well up for it!
Reply 8
Original post by Farrugiaaaa
I didnt even know about it till i saw this, but i'm a big vintage 1940s fan so i'd be well up for it!

That's great! I've always been into Burlesque and I adore the outfits and the dances that I've seen other women do, so I can't wait! :smile: x
Reply 9
Yay! :smile: It's lovely to meet you too! I'm really excited about the societies and the LGBT society is the one I'm most looking forward too! :smile: x

Are you on facebook? Just be nice to know someone going to LGBT so we're not loners! :-)
Reply 10
Original post by lucymoses
Are you on facebook? Just be nice to know someone going to LGBT so we're not loners! :-)

:smile: I'm on facebook! And yeah, it'd be lovely to meet you!

xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
I'm tempted by the poker society! As to burlesque well.. I'm more designed for watching rather than participating! ;-)
Reply 12
Original post by Pranavian
I'm tempted by the poker society! As to burlesque well.. I'm more designed for watching rather than participating! ;-)

Hahaha! Fair enough :biggrin:
If anyone is feeling a little creative join the musical theatre society >>>> www.facebook.com/RedRoseProductions

we are just in the process of remaking the society so there isnt much info now but there will be ready for september! Should be putting on a few concerts and a new musical over the year :smile:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to add something, I am currently just finishing up my first year here at UCLan and I am a part of the LGBT society. We are a friendly bunch and have facebook group you can join. Also I will be one of you committee when you come September.

Fletcher
Reply 15
Snowsports club! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by northern-belle
If anyone is feeling a little creative join the musical theatre society >>>> www.facebook.com/RedRoseProductions

we are just in the process of remaking the society so there isnt much info now but there will be ready for september! Should be putting on a few concerts and a new musical over the year :smile:

Are you casting a character that sounds like a screaming cat anytime soon? If so, I'm in!
Reply 17
Original post by laura_ann

Hey, I'm Sally Vice Captain of Rugby team.

Hope you're still interested in joining here's a little video showcasing our 'talents' lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCgOCH8HZgs here's our fb link this should keep you updated. Its honestly one of the best things I ever did joining up and I'd never even picked up a ball before http://www.facebook.com/groups/363087447081310/

If you need anymore info let me know :smile:
@UCLanwomenrugby
I'll probably join one that's to do with music performance or something along those lines, and a cross country running one :smile:

Can't see myself being a burlesque dancer mind ha
HI!

I'm hoping to join the equine society but deff like the sound of the burlesque club (maybe when I've lost a bit more weight haha)

see you all in sept! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending