The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Societies in UCLAN

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was hoping there would be a scuba club- I did all my padi stuff a couple of years ago to do some diving whilst in Mexico- then never did my open water due to work changing my shift pattern- would love to take it up again and hit some uk spots or further afield if any one knows any dive clubs let me know please other wise it's canoe and kayak club I think!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by northern-belle
If anyone is feeling a little creative join the musical theatre society >>>> www.facebook.com/RedRoseProductions

we are just in the process of remaking the society so there isnt much info now but there will be ready for september! Should be putting on a few concerts and a new musical over the year :smile:

I wana joinnnnnn :biggrin:

Original post by Robjames
I was hoping there would be a scuba club- I did all my padi stuff a couple of years ago to do some diving whilst in Mexico- then never did my open water due to work changing my shift pattern- would love to take it up again and hit some uk spots or further afield if any one knows any dive clubs let me know please other wise it's canoe and kayak club I think!

I don't think UCLan has a diving club, there are a couple locally though:
http://tinyurl.com/d3wkkav
Reply 23
Original post by Robjames
I was hoping there would be a scuba club- I did all my padi stuff a couple of years ago to do some diving whilst in Mexico---

I was hoping there'd be one too, I've worked in diving for a couple of years and now I'm afraid that this move to academia means leaving scuba behind :/

I'm looking forward to the clubs & socs fair, but I know I'm definitely joining the Forensics society because that's what I'm studying - and I'm pretty interested in the burlesque soc as well, just not quite sure how well those two go together :'D
Reply 24
Original post by Shokata
and I'm pretty interested in the burlesque soc as well, just not quite sure how well those two go together :'D

Well, if the victim regularly attended a Burlesque showing and the workers there will only help you to find the answers if you fill in the gap in their performance. You'd be happy you did both then! :wink:
Original post by Ahmed Sekmani
I wana joinnnnnn :biggrin:

Please do join, there is alot more information up now for you to see :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Shokata
I was hoping there'd be one too, I've worked in diving for a couple of years and now I'm afraid that this move to academia means leaving scuba behind :/

I'm looking forward to the clubs & socs fair, but I know I'm definitely joining the Forensics society because that's what I'm studying - and I'm pretty interested in the burlesque soc as well, just not quite sure how well those two go together :'D

Hi this is UCLan, Try contacting Amanda Pattinson at the SU she tells me she may be able to point you in the direction of Leisure centres that offer scuba diving, her email address is Your email has been removed for privacy reasons - if you wish to exchange contact details, please use the Private Messaging system.

Regards
Reply 27
Original post by northern-belle
Please do join, there is alot more information up now for you to see :smile:

Hi this is UCLan,

You may already have been on the SU website, but if not try http://www.uclansu.co.uk/

Regards
Reply 28
Original post by Shokata

Hi This is UCLan,

Try contacting the SU they tell me they may be able to point you in the direction of Leisure centres that offer scuba diving.

Hope this helps

Regards
Hey guys! :smile:

Anyone interested in joining UCLan Fashion Society let me know!
Reply 30
Original post by saint99
Hey, I'm Sally Vice Captain of Rugby team.

Hope you're still interested in joining here's a little video showcasing our 'talents' lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCgOCH8HZgs here's our fb link this should keep you updated. Its honestly one of the best things I ever did joining up and I'd never even picked up a ball before http://www.facebook.com/groups/363087447081310/

If you need anymore info let me know :smile:
@UCLanwomenrugby

Thanks! Definitely signing up to rugby. Warning: excuse my really bad fitness levels!
Reply 31
I'm considering the Ultimate Frisbee club, I love that sport!
Reply 32
Original post by laura_ann
Thanks! Definitely signing up to rugby. Warning: excuse my really bad fitness levels!

WOOOOOOOOO!!! ahahah we've all slacked over summer! Don't worry our coach will not be easy on us during training. If you need anymore info let me know :smile:
Reply 33
Planning on joining the Archaeology society as thats what I will be studying and The first aid society so I can get refresh my first aid skills and get back in a uniform whilst volunteering :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi

the University of Central Lancashire Dental Student Society website http://www.uclandss.com/

On the website it says "The UDSS is run by the dental students in all years, and organises social and sporting events for the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) dental school. We also represent the dental students in staff liason meetings and to get your voice heard in anything regarding the course."

Any dental students at uclan are welcome to become part of the society. Their facebook group is Uclan Dental Society.
Did people go to the society fair today? I've signed up for the gaming society, the film society and the philosophy society. May not do the philosophy society though :smile: this will be my last year, I figured I should make the most of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am looking for the Mexican Society at UCLAN. Does anyone know if this society exist?
Original post by schaveznava
I am looking for the Mexican Society at UCLAN. Does anyone know if this society exist?

Hi Schaveznava,

We don't have a Mexican society - but if you have enough interest you can create your own: http://www.uclansu.co.uk/societies

Ellie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending