Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think i keep being negged unfairly?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Briliant, anyone else want to neg me for asking about negging?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    People tend to use the reputation as more of an "agree" or "disagree" button rather than saying that your post is wrong as such.

Also, if you edit the post and say "why the neg", you're pretty much guaranteed more negs.

Just enjoy TSR, give your opinions, and get involved in the debates. We can't please everyone all of the time.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsicles3)
    Ok so two recent posts of mine have been negged horribly (i think) I dont want to seem like i'm taking this whole thing to heart everyone's entitled to their opinion but why do people neg unnessecarily rather than say why they disagree with you?

Here is links to posts i'm not sure why i was negged for

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...990&p=37397207

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...110&highlight=

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...901&highlight=

I realise i got good rep on some of them but its fine for people to neg me but im not sure what i said wrong? Sorry if im being stupid, still kind of new here!
    Well for a start never edit a post asking why people negged it, sure fire way to get even more negs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Well for a start never edit a post asking why people negged it, sure fire way to get even more negs.
    Oh right, i hadn't even realized that! Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    People tend to use the reputation as more of an "agree" or "disagree" button rather than saying that your post is wrong as such.

Also, if you edit the post and say "why the neg", you're pretty much guaranteed more negs.

Just enjoy TSR, give your opinions, and get involved in the debates. We can't please everyone all of the time.
    Ah i see! Thankyou
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I also seem to have got a few unfair or just confusing Negs.

I was a thread starter and simply asked for info on a subject and people negged me. It made no sense. I also got negged on the "You know youre a student when..." thread when I said "you've watched every diagnosis murder episode" I guess someone was offended by the show or something :/

Try not to take it as personal, I think its all to easy for people to hit the button and im convined there are a few people who don't realise it affects rep and just think it's like a poll of something.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinberry)
    Yeah I also seem to have got a few unfair or just confusing Negs.

I was a thread starter and simply asked for info on a subject and people negged me. It made no sense. I also got negged on the "You know youre a student when..." thread when I said "you've watched every diagnosis murder episode" I guess someone was offended by the show or something :/

Try not to take it as personal, I think its all to easy for people to hit the button and im convined there are a few people who don't realise it affects rep and just think it's like a poll of something.
    Yess finally someone understands!

*there you go*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok so two recent posts of mine have been negged horribly (i think) I dont want to seem like i'm taking this whole thing to heart everyone's entitled to their opinion but why do people neg unnessecarily rather than say why they disagree with you?

Here is links to posts i'm not sure why i was negged for

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...990&p=37397207

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...110&highlight=

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...901&highlight=

I realise i got good rep on some of them but its fine for people to neg me but im not sure what i said wrong? Sorry if im being stupid, still kind of new here!
    Because rep is completely meaningless.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwayne Hicks)
    Because rep is completely meaningless.
    Explain please? Why do you have a red gem thing, did you get negged loads?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha i got negged for asking why people neg me? Sorry for being fairly new and not really understanding how people do things on here. I think people take this a bit too seriously and forget that this is in fact the internet :s
    • 142 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha i got negged for asking why people neg me? Sorry for being fairly new and not really understanding how people do things on here. I think people take this a bit too seriously and forget that this is in fact the internet :s
    I'm the first person to pos rep you, yay me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    I'm the first person to pos rep you, yay me
    Aha much appreciated
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    asking why you're being negged is frowned upon on tsr, just how like for lpc is on facebook

Like for YTO guys
    • 142 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aha much appreciated
    It came at a cost though, all that positive reputation I gained might well be eradicated :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    asking why you're being negged is frowned upon on tsr, just how like for lpc is on facebook

Like for YTO guys
    Sorry if i'm being stupid what is lpc/yto? lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    It came at a cost though, all that positive reputation I gained might well be eradicated :rolleyes:
    I tried to return the favor but i ran out for today
    • 142 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tried to return the favor but i ran out for today
    No problem although for the 3rd thread you assumed the man was guilty/the music one the songs probs wasn't deep to the neggers so I can see why people would neg. Still I see no problem asking why people neg/pos rep you tbf. :yy:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if i'm being stupid what is lpc/yto? lol
    Haha, It's like some rating system for people begging for complements on facebook status'

lpc = Looks, personality, closeness

e.g 10,10,0 (people always put 10 even if they look like samantha brick)

Yto = Your the one

E.g your the one who's a cutey

Sad I know...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Haha, It's like some rating system for people begging for complements on facebook status'

lpc = Looks, personality, closeness

e.g 10,10,0 (people always put 10 even if they look like samantha brick)

Yto = Your the one

E.g your the one who's a cutey

Sad I know...
    Hahaa i get you now, not really acceptable to do that once you're older than like 14 lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa i get you now, not really acceptable to do that once you're older than like 14 lol
    I knoww, definitely bebo behavior!
Updated: May 9, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.