This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gr...ueprint/729863
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7oXc...feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnitmzQI8hc

Interesting videos above :yep:

This video got me thinking: what do you want to see in GTA V?

I really like the idea of investigating the different demographics, and also I think that it would be really interesting if the whole environment changed throughout the game. What I mean is, where we can clearly see a skyscraper being built in the trailer, it would be really cool if this was finished in the game, and the city grew... What would be even cooler would be if your could somehow be destructive on the construction site; just an idea, but as Rockstar claim that it'll be their most "ambitious" game so far anything is possible.

Other ideas I have:

- Random events like in Red Dead Redemption - Probably
    - Changing city and environment - Perhaps
    - A story not of rags to riches, but of a man trying to get out of the business, but gets dragged in despite his attempts - Quite probable, especially considering in the trailer the main character says he wants to get out of his line of work
    - Multiple playable characters - Quite likely as Rockstar have been doing this a lot in their recent games
    - More investigation into the lives of ordinary people in the playable area - Probably
    - More options for the character - Probable due to the "ambitious" attitude of Rockstar towards this game
    - Multiple game endings - Fairly likely
    - Set in modern day, with important events and themes of Western society today playing a large role in the story - Almost certain due to some evidence found in the trailer
    - Character customisation - If the third video above is correct, then this is quite certain

I'll add more ideas as they come to me; what do you want to see in GTA V?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Really, really want to see a bit more fun on online mode. Basically cheats being available online, would be awesome.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Really, really want to see a bit more fun on online mode. Basically cheats being available online, would be awesome.
    Would cause havoc - and not even the good kind.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Would cause havoc - and not even the good kind.
    Not if it was for private party mode.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Not if it was for private party mode.
    Then, yes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bring back fighter jets, and the ability to make your character slim/fat.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Digby Chicken)
    Bring back fighter jets, and the ability to make your character slim/fat.
    There's a fighter jet in the trailer and in the video above, so they'll be back
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically bring back everything one could do in Gta San Andreas and just expand on it:cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It would be cool if the radio station playlists could be updated regularly so it wasn't always the same songs on. Also it was fun in GTA IV hearing about your own crimes on the radio, hope that happens in this game as well.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandehmorning)
    It would be cool if the radio station playlists could be updated regularly so it wasn't always the same songs on. Also it was fun in GTA IV hearing about your own crimes on the radio, hope that happens in this game as well.
    Hah yeah, that will carry on.

I loved Vladivostok FM in the Lost and Damned DLC - it definitely needs a way bigger range of songs.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    K ROSE!!
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    In a nutshell:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin jol)
    K ROSE!!
    Best station ever! It's quite worrying how much I loved those ol' country tunes
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    In a nutshell:

Wow.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Red Dead Redemption's cover and gunplay mechanics.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally quite like to see the appearance of Christina Hendrick's tixel pitties somewhere in the game. But I doubt that's gotta happen.

I like the realism they achieved in GTAIV, the little things like if you crash at high speed you can fly through the windscreen and in to a lamp post/the ocean. If they don't have that kind of thing then I'll be disappointed.

It would be cool if they implemented an MP3 player feature to the game. You can create playlists and import them from various media players (WMP, iTunes, WinAmp etc) in to the actual game, then the in-game radio has an "AUX" feature and you can plug your character's iPod or MP3 (conveniently, synced with the tracks from your playlist) in to it and have some degree of control over it. Maybe instead of using left/right D-pad to steer whilst driving you could use it as a 'next' and 'previous' feature, with the other two being 'back' and 'shuffle on/pff' respectively. You'd still have to have the normal radio stations, they should be good. You could also have an online and offline radio station feature - if you set it to online and you have an internet connection then it streams the radio from the internet and everyone playing GTA (multi or single player) listening to that station with online radio turned on will hear the same music. Maybe just have an online alternative for each station. (i.e. SMOOTH CHOONS FM/SMOOTH CHOONS LIVE) When online radio is turned off, you just get the normal radio stations as they would be. Maybe have people vote on songs (like an alternative top 40, but only for GTA) while it's playing, so less-liked songs get played less. They could also include real radio stations.

I'd also like them to implement a "no HUD" game mode. Kind of like hardcore mode on Fallout: New Vegas. It turns off the mini map, and your character gets aesthetic damage instead of a health bar. You have to learn your way around, with the GPS to help you if you need it. Maybe also implement some changes such as carry less weapons, or health pick-ups gradually restore your health instead of instant "I fixed the gaping hole in your face for you!" Possibly make body armour only protect your chest instead of everywhere (so you sustain less damage if and only if you get in the chest).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On a side note, i hear rumors that the ps4 will be 4k compatible.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Wow.
    Rockstar earned my undying respect with their pioneering adoption of the Euphoria engine for Grand Theft Auto IV, and to witness them once again pushing an envelope left largely untouched by the gaming industry since 2008 is little short of wish-fulfilment where I'm concerned.

(Original post by ManBeast)
    Red Dead Redemption's cover and gunplay mechanics.
    Cf. previous post, above.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gym!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 28, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.