Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Can you still do a PGCE (PCET) if you have a combined honours degree?

Announcements Posted on
Take our survey to be in with the chance of winning a £50 Amazon voucher or one of 5 x £10 Amazon vouchers 28-05-2016
  1. Offline

    Hey I'm planning to do a combined degree of Business and Media (Dual)

    One of my prospects is to teach Media at further education..

    Would I be considered/accepted on the PGCE course for further education if I held a degree where Media is half of the qualification?

  2. Offline

    I don't know about the situation for Further Education, but for a standard PGCE, absolutely (and I don't see why it would be different for FE).

    The guidelines are that 50% of your degree should be in the subject you want to teach.

    I have a degree in French and History, and have been offered a place on a Secondary French PGCE.
  3. Offline

    Normally you need to have studied a degree where at least 50% of the course was in the subject you'd like to teach, and your course sounds perfectly fine. Check with admissions just to make sure though.
  4. Offline



Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

Don't be a half-term hermit

How to revise this week and still have a life

What's your biggest deadly sin?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.