Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mayweather vs Cotto

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who would you choose to put your money on?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what time does it start?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Mayweather, definitely wouldn't have thought it will be an easy night though, specially given it's at Cotto's weight 154, unlike when Pac made him drain down to 147
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tupac1111)
    what time does it start?
    Ring walk for the Mayweather fight will be about half 3 -4 am I think with it being in Vagas, I'd tune in earlier though to see Shane Mosley and Canelo on the undercard, Jessie Vargas a good up and coming fighter from the Mayweather gym also fighting against Steve Forbes prior to that as well, can't wait!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glow in the dark)
    Ring walk for the Mayweather fight will be about half 3 -4 am I think with it being in Vagas, I'd tune in earlier though to see Shane Mosley and Canelo on the undercard, Jessie Vargas a good up and coming fighter from the Mayweather gym also fighting against Steve Forbes prior to that as well, can't wait!
    What are you watching it on, are you streaming online?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singhisking2k)
    What are you watching it on, are you streaming online?
    Decided to sub boxnation for this one, wouldn't normally but there's a few decent fights on so what the heck! Don't think you'll have any trouble streaming it mind
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be a lot closer than people think, Floyd hasn't got the youthful legs he once did, his footwork has diminished and he has lost a lot of speed over the years (that pep in his step is gone), that being said he still works off amazing angles and has great power for the division, and Cotto isn't exactly what you'd call fast.
    Cotto has to take this one to the ropes and fight ugly, he's got more than enough power to lay Floyd out, but whether he's fast enough to do we'll have to wait and see, his coach seems to be pretty convinced he has the blueprint to beat Floyd, but I dunno, will be a fun fight.

Oh Rest In Peace Sugar Shane's career, definitely the last nail in the coffin. I still put a tenner on the old dog because the odd are so good :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minotauro)
    It's going to be a lot closer than people think, Floyd hasn't got the youthful legs he once did, his footwork has diminished and he has lost a lot of speed over the years (that pep in his step is gone), that being said he still works off amazing angles and has great power for the division, and Cotto isn't exactly what you'd call fast.
    Cotto has to take this one to the ropes and fight ugly, he's got more than enough power to lay Floyd out, but whether he's fast enough to do we'll have to wait and see, his coach seems to be pretty convinced he has the blueprint to beat Floyd, but I dunno, will be a fun fight.

Oh Rest In Peace Sugar Shane's career, definitely the last nail in the coffin. I still put a tenner on the old dog because the odd are so good :P
    Its gonna be a very close fight I agree, I strongly believe all the pressure is on Mayweather as he still has the 0 on his record, going up a weight class division and weighing in 4lbs lighter, its his second fight after coming out of retirement and also he is getting older.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This fight has the potential to end Mayweather's career. When you've been undefeated for as long as Mayweather has with an ego as big as he has, a loss can destroy you.

That being said, Mayweather is probably gonna win
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singhisking2k)
    Who would you choose to put your money on?
    Was going to put £10 on Mayweather with Paddy Power but I'd only mke a gain of £1.25 so I didn't bother.

Cotto isn't going to beat Mayweather. He got demolished by Pacquiao who was of a smaller build (ok not that small but Cotto had the size advantage). If anyone is going to beat Mayweather it will be Pacquiao.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kosaku)
    Was going to put £10 on Mayweather with Paddy Power but I'd only mke a gain of £1.25 so I didn't bother.

Cotto isn't going to beat Mayweather. He got demolished by Pacquiao who was of a smaller build (ok not that small but Cotto had the size advantage). If anyone is going to beat Mayweather it will be Pacquiao.
    Just a shame that fight is never going to bloody happen it seems.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxima)
    Just a shame that fight is never going to bloody happen it seems.
    never say never although i might have to agree with you reluctantly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kosaku)

Pacquiao fought Cotto at a catch weight of 147 lbs ( a weight in which cotto is drained at) so he was notably weaker in that fight, where as in this fight, Floyd is letting him fight at his natural weight which is 7 lbs more at 154, which is a notable amount which Cotto will feel a hell of a lot more comfortable at, so I wouldn't look at that fight to compare it with, plus Pacquaio generally struggles with counter punchers which is what Mayweather is, I genuinely think this fight will be harder than what the Pacquaio fight will be for Floyd because of styles.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I really don't understand why they wouldn't want it to happen. People have been wanting it for like 3 years now and they've just kept delaying it, with the occasional "both camps meeting in secret" rumours coming out every so often.

Worst comes to worse just get Amir Khan fighting Mayweather haha. If he doesn't bottle it vs Peterson again then throw him in at the deep end against Mayweather, would be interesting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my eyes hurt hope cotto actually puts up a good fight. wanna get up early enough tomorrow to watch the city match ! hahahaha
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    there was only going to be one winner!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not able to watch this but it seems like a really close fight, after looking around the live blog scorecards.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mayweather is the best pound for pound fighter since Sugar Ray Leonard. Period.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    cotto won that last round for me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am watching my first boxing match in ages ... what the hell has boxing come down to?

I miss the days of Tyson and Roy Jones.

The hell pays to watch these skinny midgets hug each other?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.