The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

If you've got the form and you're sure about where you want to stay, there's nothing stopping you sending it in now. Probably better so you don't forget later on and end up homeless!
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied yesterday online (I think)..perhaps I applied for the forms but filled it in anyway...ye I'll be in standard...TINY standard!!
Reply 3
They dont send out the acc forms yet, they apparently send them out to everyone at the same time in May/June.
i've applied for mine, i put down standard, mixed, non smoking, i think :s-smilie: im hoping seeing as ive got it in early i will get one of the lower floors...much as i like exercise i don't fancy climbing 20 floors when the lift breaks down!
I still can't stand climbing the 9 floors up to mine!
well it would be a task for me seeing as im scared of lifts...I couldnt live up those towers so glad my ex got lowrise so i never had to go up there lol
Reply 7
The lifts aren't too bad. Although I was in lawrence and someone on the very last day decided to fill the lifts with complete crap so you couldn't use them so people on the 19th floor had to carry all they're stuff down stairs!!!!

The fire alarmas at 3/4 in the morning are annoying but have warm clothes in a bag by your bed and remeber your student ID card and you'll be fine
Reply 8
I haven't recieved any forms yet (Been offered and accepted a place). I was under the impression that they get sent out to you automatically when you accept a place. Does this sound about right or do I have to ask for them?
Reply 9
they do come automatically if your not living to close to uni. Be patient they've only just finished with final yaers and they'll probably all be sent out at once
Reply 10
Cool, thought so, just checking.
Reply 11
so, which of the buildings is the *party* one??
Reply 12
all of them. Low rise tend to be final yrs so are a bit quiter but otherwise they all are (they all have 3am fire alarms at some point so you'll have a party flat somewhere theres enough of them
Reply 13
hallswdm
they all have 3am fire alarms

That’s quite a let down! what’s the deal if you just stay in your room? Im guessing its drunk first years who do it ???? . . . . As the year progresses do the number 3AM fire alarms quieten down?
Reply 14
it tends to be drunk people or people who burn things. I wouldn't say it quitens down but they are rare at least 1 a year but you may only get one I think I got about 7 or 8 in my whole 1st yr. If you are found in your room you get a fine and to be honnest they're that bloody loud you just wanna get out of the building!
Low-rise is mostly first years (go Bishop ryder flat 1), and they almost never have fire alarms (I had 1 last year and it was a test). Which is great as you can just laugh at the high-rises if there's a fire alarm in the morning (thats if your awake at that time). As for the fire alarms they do tend to quieten down as people run out of money to get drunk (so as terms progress), and during exam periods.
Reply 16
I had a fire alarm the night before one exam. Most low rise is final yrs or second yrs (byshop ryder flat 3-5, old cross, vauxhall and the other one I can't remeber name of are all final yrs
Stafford's only had one 3am Fire Alarm this year as far as I know
Reply 18
Wow thats impressive. Staffords usually the worst
Reply 19
You can apply online for accomodation now if you have accepted an offer from Aston at http://www.aston.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/contact/20056.jsp

Latest