Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ford fiesta questions

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok this is silly but i dont really know much about ford model specs etc

i have a 2007 ford fiesta LX ( got it like nearly 3 weeks ago )

on the back of the car it doesnt say fiesta though ? just the ford symbol and lx ! why is that ? is it because the previous owner didnt want it or ?

the insurance company im with has it down has a ghia but it has lx on the back ..

so i know there is trim levels like ghia, zetec, lx, finesse, style, steel etc

is lx the lowest of them ? ghia is the best ?

does anyone know what oil would be suitable for the car. i dont know i dont plan to service it myself but i would like to know incase.

i got a 1.4 petrol which im happy with but my instructors car is a 1.0 opel corsa .. i dont really notice a different tbh until im on the dual carrigeway.

im impressed with the lights in it though really good !

i know in my mams car to reverse you push the gearstick down. and in my car its just normal. is it like that in every ford ?

whats with the key shape so weird ..

i have a leather steering wheel, alloys, cd player, the dash is plastic but its nice, it does the job. front electric windows. the seats are ok though.

dont get me wrong i love my little car but it just feels so cheap and plastic like compared to my mothers 2011 vw highline golf ... :rolleyes:

i havnt been inside that many fords so are they normally plastic like in the lx version ?

is it just me or are the pedals a little close together and small ? i dont have big feet but i wear a size 8 or 7 in runners .. ive never had a problem pressing which one i wanted. or are super mini's like that normally ?

sorry for all the silly questions ..
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    oil recommendations will be in the service history and the owners manual, you are looking for a number like 5w30, 5w40 etc.

Then try and put in more of what is already in there, Ford will be able to supply you with some stuff, but if it has been serviced independently, it should say the brand and type of oil in the engine on the invoice.

Having never owned a Fiesta or a Ford I can't help with the rest other than knowing that Ghia is top model.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    oil recommendations will be in the service history and the owners manual, you are looking for a number like 5w30, 5w40 etc.

Then try and put in more of what is already in there, Ford will be able to supply you with some stuff, but if it has been serviced independently, it should say the brand and type of oil in the engine on the invoice.

Having never owned a Fiesta or a Ford I can't help with the rest other than knowing that Ghia is top model.
    thanks. it got serviced before i picked it up so its fine for a while. im trying to get a wheel brace for it right now ( i have one as a loan just incase ) i learned how to change a tyre recently so i just want to make sure i know all the small things about my car.

yeah all my family has had VW's while i was growing up so i dont know alot about ford tbh and have some burning questions for other ford owners.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Ghia is top spec so I'd make sure your insurance company know this as you may be paying a premium for having the 'luxury' model.

The key shape is to try protect against fraud.

As for the badge thing, the Fiesta part may have been stolen.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Put up a picture of the back, and of the wheels, the two things that identify trim level. I'll then be able to tell you which it is...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Question- How much did you get it for?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    what questions do you have? I've got an 02 ghia mondeo. The key is like that for all fords, standard issue there.

Almost all cars have a plastic dash, even top spec Mercs and Beemers etc....just they use higher quality plastics and wood/aluminum/carbon fibre trims and fascias in the dash. Newer Golfs do have quite nice interiors, though still plastic, with the aluminium/aluminium look accents and trims.

Can't speak for the fiesta but my mondeo's dash seems to be of quite a decent quality, soft touch plastics and a bit of wood effect fascia around the center console and gearbox.

As for the gearbox, a lot of cars, not just fords have reverse gears that you just slot the gear into, without lifting up or pushing down something on the gearstick.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 10, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.