The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by squishy123
So how can you assume that he is Muslim?:confused:

because he was a 14 year old that his parents named Ibrahim, safe for me to assume he was brought up a muslim.
Original post by lancelot
because he was a 14 year old that his parents named Ibrahim, safe for me to assume he was brought up a muslim.

That's like saying "That guy's name is John, safe for me to assume he was brought up a Christian".
Do you think Muslims are the only people who name their children "Ibrahim"?

"Ibrahim" is the name of a Prophet believed in by Christians, Jews and Muslims.
(edited 11 years ago)

What about if he was David Pidcock?

Would you assume him to be Muslim?
Actually it wasnt 'last night' the case was reported over a year ago.

But if you want to create a thread for that topic you can, however there are more than 20 times more christians/atheists in this country than muslims are there not, so your theory can somewhat be expected in numerical terms

just pointing out there are rapists everywhere, you may even be one.
Reply 24
Original post by tazarooni89
That's like saying "That guy's name is John, safe for me to assume he was brought up a Christian".
Do you think Muslims are the only people who name their children "Ibrahim"?

What about if he was David Pidcock?

Would you assume him to be Muslim?

Ibrahim was a islamic prophet from the koran. hence if parents name their child after him, its safe for me to assume that they were muslims. If they were jewish, they would have called him abraham.

in the same way we were all able to assume (without challenge that the pakistani called mohammed that was jailed in the midlands for rape was a muslim - even though then that was blamed on the fact he was pakistani, by muslims.

here i saw one guy already try to blame this case on the fact he was black.
Reply 25
Original post by King-Panther
just pointing out there are rapists everywhere, you may even be one.
if we go by uk statistics, given that im not muslim, and you are ? then its more likely you are one. but i follow your point.
if we go by uk statistics, given that im not muslim, and you are ? then its more likely you are one. but i follow your point.

hardly, 2.5 million muslims, how many rapists? im sure we make the news papers more often but we aren't more prone to rape than anyone else.
Reply 27
hardly, 2.5 million muslims, how many rapists? im sure we make the news papers more often but we aren't more prone to rape than anyone else.

3.5% approx muslim population in uk, how many in prison - about 13%? Im just saying :dontknow: a lot of those rapist? most likely.
so statistically you, more than me, like i said, you are barking up the wrong tree here.

but regardless, the consensus amoungst muslims seems to be 'its culture causes rather than being muslim' Being muslim is a coincidence now...?
(edited 11 years ago)
Ibrahim was a islamic prophet from the koran. hence if parents name their child after him, its safe for me to assume that they were muslims. If they were jewish, they would have called him abraham.

And if someone decides to name their kid "Troy", you#ll immediately think of the Greeks?
Or what if the perpetrator was Jesus, would that make him Christian?

in the same way we were all able to assume (without challenge that the pakistani called mohammed that was jailed in the midlands for rape was a muslim - even though then that was blamed on the fact he was pakistani, by muslims.

here i saw one guy already try to blame this case on the fact he was black.

I asked what would your response be if the guy who instigated the rape was named DAVID PIDCOCK.

Would you assume that he is Jewish on account of David but also English on account of his surname?
Reply 29
And if someone decides to name their kid "Troy", you#ll immediately think of the Greeks?
Or what if the perpetrator was Jesus, would that make him Christian?

I asked what would your response be if the guy who instigated the rape was named DAVID PIDCOCK.

Would you assume that he is Jewish on account of David but also English on account of his surname?

typically non-muslim parents dont name their kids muslims names. If they are non religious they can give them random names like 'troy or beyonce'
Practicing Muslim parents ALWAYS give their kids muslims names.
So the eivdnece allows us to make the assumption- which was your original question. You dont have to beleive that, but it does look like you are clutching at straws.
Why would you try and dispute this kid wasnt muslim but not the paksitani rapists with muslims names ?
3.5% approx muslim population in uk, how many in prison - about 13%? Im just saying :dontknow: a lot of those rapist? most likely.
so statistically you, more than me, like i said, you are barking up the wrong tree here.

but regardless, the consensus amoungst muslims seems to be 'it culture causes rather than being muslim' Being muslim is a coincidence?

which crimes are these muslims committing, provide evidence.

the only way that would be true is because a lot of people turn to islam when in prison. also, having a muslim name doesn't make you a muslim. also, a portion muslims will live in poverty and find it harder to get a job due to discrimination, therefore will turn to crime.
Reply 31
which crimes are these muslims committing, provide evidence.

the only way that would be true is because a lot of people turn to islam when in prison. also, having a muslim name doesn't make you a muslim. also, a portion muslims will live in poverty and find it harder to get a job due to discrimination, therefore will turn to crime.

i dont know, who does :dontknow: all i do is that you are four times more likely to go to go to jail for a conviction than me being a muslim - in contradiction to your earlier idea. Im far too tired to listen to wishy washy specualtion as to why this is, so im going to get some kip.
If you have an opinion on the OP, feel free to make it.
typically non-muslim parents dont name their kids muslims names.

lol Loads of blacks call their kids something Muslim when they're not Muslim.
i dont know, who does :dontknow: all i do is that you are four times more likely to go to go to jail for a conviction than me being a muslim - in contradiction to your earlier idea. Im far too tired to listen to wishy washy specualtion as to why this is, so im going to get some kip.
If you have an opinion on the OP, feel free to make it.

there are a lot of crimes, rape is one.

i already have.
Reply 34
Original post by KimKallstrom

A lot of black teens/adults take muslims names themselves, and sometimes convert, but kids that are 'christened' for need a better term, by their parents are usually from muslim families, paricualrly in somali, nigerian families, which i think in this case is.
typically non-muslim parents dont name their kids muslims names. If they are non religious they can give them random names like 'troy or beyonce'
So the eivdnece allows us to make the assumption- which was your original question. You dont have to beleive that, but it does look like you are clutching at straws.
Why would you try and dispute this kid wasnt muslim but not the paksitani rapists with muslims names ?

But the question is: "Does the KID practise Islam?"
Reply 36

Edin Dzeko is muslim.
Does that sound Islamic to you?
Ibrahim Giwa a known gang member got a minscule scentence of just 5 years for a rape of an 11 year old in a mcdonalds toilets. Other members if his gang that were invloved it is said will serve less than 6 months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139461/Six-months-boy-raped-girl-11-sparks-outrage-16-year-old-thugs-soft-sentence-attack-McDonalds-toilet.html

WIth many other high profile cases of paksitani muslim gangs raping under age girls, does this throw more attention to the muslim community, this time non pakistani ?

not exactly the same type of crime . . . . this attack was a isolated rape and other sexual assaults and online bullying etc.....
the cases of pakistani men involve young men grooming young, vulnerable white girls, then forcing them into prostitution, gang rapes etc

I don't think it will throw more attention to the pakistani community, just as the rape and buggery of young children by the church hasn't thrown more attention on our catholic community in the uk...
Original post by KimKallstrom

same goes for white folk . . . . why give kids biblical names when they ain't christian . . .

People who speak Arabic don't say "Abraham", they say "Ibrahim", even if they are Jewish or Christian. Even atheists in those countries all their children "Ibrahim", in the same way that you get atheists here called Adam, John, Peter, Thomas, Michael etc. all names popularised by religion.

Latest

Trending

Trending