The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosi M
You said it yourself. A very small population of men are doing this. Go look at the rest of the UK Muslim male population. These men that do this are filthy and deserve punishment the same way all other criminals need to be punished.
No i cant see a pattern at all. I cant understand the extent to which you are stereotyping. These men that do this do it because this is what they do. Its the same reason non muslim rapists rape young girls. Thats what rapists do. NOT because of the marriage between Muhammad and Aisha. & you keep mentioning this, Muhammad MARRIED Aisha. They were married. There is a difference!
& no, my father brother and no other person in my family or friends do this, thanks for your concern.

In India, young girls are always raped by older men out and about on the streets. Many of these men are Hindus. What will you say to this? All hindus are rapists? and like i said, Muhammad married Aisha. He did not rape her. Pre-marital sex in Islam is completely forbidden and adultery is completely forbidden. So the connection youre trying to make is invalid. It makes no sense because sex outside of marriage is not allowed in Islam let alone rape.

In many villages in India, many hindus are very traditional and still up till today older men marry younger women/girls. Its normal for them. Why don't you target hindus? The next time a hindu man rapes a girl, go make that generalisation.

These men are RAPISTS. The same type of RAPISTS as a CHRISTIAN or a JEW. Im not God, i can't judge whether they are muslim or not but they have lost their way for sure. MUSLIM men who practise Islam the right way don't rape young girls or have sex outside of marriage.

I think you are tryng to redirect the question - i iddint say a tiny proportion were commiting these crimes - i said muslims form a tiny proportion of the UK but muslim males are being found responsible for efffectively all of these sorts of rape cases, far more than jews, hindus, sikhs, buddhists, christians, proportionalty speaking. That is a disparity that will attract attention - not just simple streotypes. Sterotypes will be the travel advice you get going to muslim countires like morroco to be aware of rapists as a women. These reports are based on actual fact and statistics.
I dont know waht the stats are in india, as i doubt do you accuratley either so they are not relevant to us here. Even so , i know india is not a muslim country and does have a legally stipulated age of consent of 18 (or at least 16 as we do i think) Whereas, in the first muslim country and where mohammed came from Saudi arabia, there is no age of consent- a middle aged man can choose to have sex with an 8 year old child if he wants and wont be charged with any crime ( as has happened)
Clearly the fact that mohammed 'married' aisha is not relevant here - a 9 year old is not old enough to make that sort of decision mindfully, becuase she has the mind of a child - also is too young in reality to be having sex, particulalry with a 49 year old man. But if it was acceptable to mohammed, then can you really critise a muslim man in the uk for doing the same?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Everything - in relating what you said and this particualr case to the wider subject of numerous other recent cases where muslim men have ben arrested for underage rape.

What exactly is the relation between this particular incident, and cases where Muslim men have been arrested for rape?
Did you read my whole post? You haven't addressed the main point in that post.
Original post by tazarooni89
What exactly is the relation between this particular incident, and cases where Muslim men have been arrested for rape?
Did you read my whole post? You haven't addressed the main point in that post.

what was your point?
what was your point?

"This particular incident however - we have no idea who this person is, nor exactly which community he is a product of, and I'm just pointing that out, since I think people have probably overlooked it. By asking the question, I hoped to bring it to the forefront of the OP's mind that what's actually going on in his head is "His name is Ibrahim - so he must be Muslim, right?" I wonder if the OP would have even bothered making this thread if his name had been Tom or James"
"This particular incident however - we have no idea who this person is, nor exactly which community he is a product of, and I'm just pointing that out, since I think people have probably overlooked it. By asking the question, I hoped to bring it to the forefront of the OP's mind that what's actually going on in his head is "His name is Ibrahim - so he must be Muslim, right?" I wonder if the OP would have even bothered making this thread if his name had been Tom or James"

If people like Tom or James formed jsut 3 percent of the uk population , but were involved in nealry 100% of all such underage rape cases - then im sure many threads on the subject would also be made. As it stands men with muslim names are being convicted of such crimes left right and centre - are you suggessting there should be a TSR blackout on this subject? Sounds hypocritical
If people like Tom or James formed jsut 3 percent of the uk population , but were involved in nealry 100% of all such underage rape cases - then im sure many threads on the subject would also be made. As it stands men with muslim names are being convicted of such crimes left right and centre - are you suggessting there should be a TSR blackout on this subject? Sounds hypocritical

You're still not addressing the main point. I highlighted it in bold for you to see.
"His name is Ibrahim - so he must be Muslim, right?"

Do you agree with this bold statement, or not?

Also, where have you got your statistics from - that nearly all underage rape cases are committed by people with Muslim names?
(edited 11 years ago)
You're still not addressing the main point. I highlighted it in bold for you to see.
"His name is Ibrahim - so he must be Muslim, right?"

Do you agree with this bold statement, or not?

i thought what i had said was the main point :confused:

What are you trying to tell me, Ibrahim Giwa wasnt a muslim:confused:
i thought what i had said was the main point :confused:

What are you trying to tell me, Ibrahim Giwa wasnt a muslim:confused:

I'm not "trying" to tell you anything. I mean exactly what I said. I'm asking you whether you agree, that if someone is called Ibrahim, they must be Muslim.
And I also asked you where you got your statistics from - that almost all underage rapes in the UK are comitted by people with Muslim names.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm trying to ask you whether you agree, that if someone is called Ibrahim, they must be Muslim.
And I also asked you where you got your statistics from - that almost all underage rapes in the UK are comitted by people with Muslim names.

Its a pretty good bet that they are muslim, dont you think. What did you expect someone called ibrahim to be, buddhist:confused:

sounds like you are clutching at straws here.
Its a pretty good bet that they are muslim, dont you think. What did you expect someone called ibrahim to be, buddhist:confused:

So if his name had been Paul or Peter, would you have assumed he is Christian? If his name had been David or Jacob, would you have assumed he is Jewish?
What kind of name would he have to have for you to assume he is Buddhist? What kind of name would he have to have for you to assume he is an atheist?

Personally, I expect a person called Ibrahim to have ancestry in an Arabic speaking country - where it's just as easy to find a non-Muslim called Ibrahim as it is to find a non-Christian called John.

Also, for the third time: Where have you got your statistics from - that almost all underage rapes in the UK are comitted by people with Muslim names?
(edited 11 years ago)
So if his name had been Paul or Peter, would you have assumed he is Christian? If his name had been David or Jacob, would you have assumed he is Jewish?
What kind of name would he have to have for you to assume he is Buddhist?

Personally, I expect a person called Ibrahim to have ancestry in an Arabic speaking country - where it's usually just as easy to find a non-Muslim called Ibrahim.

Also, for the third time: Where have you got your statistics from - that almost all underage rapes in the UK are comitted by people with Muslim names?

Well JAcob can be used in christianty too, if his name was Yehudi, then i would have assumed he was jewish

stats? Are you being delberatly obtuse:confused: Try the Times survey from last year that showed form these underage grooming abuse cases which examined the 18 trials showed that of the 56 people found guilty of crimes including rape, child abduction, indecent assault and sex with a child, at least 50 were confimed Muslim.

Those are stats NOT including the various recent additional convictions of muslim men occuring in the last 2 months or so.
(edited 11 years ago)
Well JAcob can be used in christianty too, if his name was Yehudi, then i would have assumed he was jewish

Of course you'd assume he was Jewish. The word Yehudi means "Jewish". There's no reason for a non-Jew to choose a name like that for their child.

What about the other, non-foreign names I asked you about? If he's called Peter, must he be Christian? What if his name is Christopher Hitchens?
What kind of name would have made you assume he was Buddhist or atheist?

Have you heard of the football player called Zlatan Ibrahimovic? Do you think he's Muslim? Have you heard of the singer Paula Abdul? Do you think she's Muslim?
Are you not aware that people frequently give their children the names of major figures of religions that they do not belong to?

stats? Are you being delberatly obtuse:confused: Try the Times survey from last year that showed form these underage grooming abuse cases which examined the 18 trials showed that of the 56 people found guilty of crimes including rape, child abduction, indecent assault and sex with a child, 50 out of 53 were Muslim.

Those are stats NOT including the various recent additional convictions of muslim men occuring in the last 2 months or so.

Have you got a link to this? Google search isn't bringing it up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Of course you'd assume he was Jewish. The word Yehudi means "Jewish". There's no reason for a non-Jew to choose a name like that for their child.

What about the other, non-foreign names I asked you about? If he's called Peter, must he be Christian?

Have you got a link to this? Google search isn't bringing it up.

why, do you dispute the statitics becuase muslims are highlighted?Again seems hypocritical, one minute you are concerned with the crime of sex grooming, the next your priority is to deflect the issue away from islam.
why, do you dispute the statitics becuase muslims are highlighted?Again seems hypocritical, one minute you are concerned with the crime of sex grooming, the next your priority is to deflect the issue away from islam.

I haven't disputed the statistics. I've asked to see them.

I could just as easily say: Why do you not provide your source when I ask for it? Is it because you just invented this "Times survey" yourself?
Why do you not answer half the questions I've asked you in previous posts? Is it because answering them would expose the flaw in your argument?
(edited 11 years ago)
I haven't disputed the statistics. I've asked to see them.

i gave you them - out of 56 convictions, 50 were muslim males
either you accept the stats or dispute them.
(edited 11 years ago)
i gave you them - out of 56 convictions, 50 were muslim males
either you accept the stats or dispute them.

Do you not understand what I asked you for? Or are you refusing to provide it?
You said that your statistics come from a Times survey, so I want to see this Times survey.

I will decide whether I accept them or dispute them once I see the original source first hand.
(edited 11 years ago)
Do you not understand what I asked you for? Or are you refusing to provide it?
You said that your statistics come from a Times survey, so I want to see this Times survey.

I will decide whether I accept them or dispute them once I see the survey first hand.

lol how exacly would you decide to dispute their own survey - have you taken one of your own that shows different figures :teehee: ?

Why dont you google it - if you want to read it on the Times website you need to be a subscriber, which i am not. But it is referred linked to in this article

http://www.theweek.co.uk/politics/8707/muslims-back-jack-straw-pakistani-rape-gangs
lol how exacly would you decide to dispute their own survey - have you taken one of your own that shows different figures :teehee: ?

Why dont you google it - if you want to read it on the Times website you need to be a subscriber, which i am not. But it is referred linked to in this article

http://www.theweek.co.uk/politics/8707/muslims-back-jack-straw-pakistani-rape-gangs

Your link doesn't provide any statistics on how many were Muslims.
(edited 11 years ago)
Your link doesn't provide any statistics on how many were Muslims.

what are you struggling to understand exactly? the stats are from the Times own survey - etiher google the survey orarticle that refers to it, or follow the link to it within the article i just posted.
what are you struggling to understand exactly? the stats are from the Times own survey - etiher google the survey orarticle that refers to it, or follow the link to it within the article i just posted.

There is nothing in the article which tells me how many of the convicts were Muslim.
There is nothing in the article for me to click on, which will take me to a page which tells me how many of the convicts were Muslim.
There is nothing in the article specifying the name of the survey for me to Google, to find out how many of the convicts were Muslim.

So 14 posts later, you still haven't been able to source your claim. I wonder why that could be... :rolleyes:

In fact, what I do see in your article is this:
Straw told the BBC: "These young men... act like any other young men, they're fizzing and popping with testosterone, they want some outlet for that, but Pakistani heritage girls are off-limits and they are expected to marry a Pakistani girl from Pakistan, typically.

"So they then seek other avenues and they see these young women, white girls who are vulnerable, some of them in care... who they think are easy meat."

i.e. the explanation for why the statistics are what they are, which doesn't need bring Islam or religion into it.

Better luck next time.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending