Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I fix my Credit rating? Help guys *urgent*

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have tried to open a Student Account and have been unable to do so because of my bad credit rating. The only contract I have ever had is one with Virgin mobile where I fell behind with payments and now owe them £229. I'm going to pay back Virgin in due course however when will my credit rating be ok again so I can open a student account and receive an overdraft? Thanks guys
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Register to vote, pay off the contract, and wait. Your credit rating won't just go up, you have to do things to make it go up.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    i believe your credit ratings gets reset every 5 years or something like that ...
    failing that pay off the arrears immediatly that should help then get one of those credit building credit cards like capital one, just having it improves your credit rating but itll take time...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was probably falling behind in the payments for that which declined you. Because it will pretty much be the only thing on their system. A similar thing happened to my dad with Vodafone. He was declined a contract based on credit and then about 2 weeks later HSBC withdrew his overdraft and absolutely screwed him over for fees which he has taken up with the FSA now... This is because other companies which review or look at your file will see "failed searches" for credit, which is where other companies have turned you down for whatever reason.

Yeah like others have said. Register to vote in order to improve their knowledge of you. Also you can look at getting a "credit building" credit card. But be careful how you spend on it... As you have already failed to pay on some monthly payments of your phone contract. Only spend on it what you KNOW you will be able to repay at the end of the month. Follow that steady for a couple of months or for however long and then your credit rating should improve.

Meh,
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    My advise is simply do not get the overdraft, instead budget and get a job.

An overdraft may be interest free but it is still an overdraft which you eventually have to pay for and while most people have no problem paying a £500 overdraft, they will inevitably take out the full amount at some point.

Simply get a part-time job and save for what you wish to buy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here are the nine steps you can take to speedy credit repair:

1. Get a credit card if you don't have one
    2. Add an installment loan to the mix
    3. Pay down your credit cards
    4. Use your cards lightly
    5. Check your limits
    6. Dust off an old card
    7. Get some goodwill
    8. Dispute old negatives
    9. Blitz significant errors

Hope this help!
    Regards
    Nextpay - Merchant Accounts

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.