The Student Room Group

BIKINIS ... Too revealing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

Personally, I don't like wearing a bikini.
Reply 21
There's no such thing as too revealing .
Original post by Megaross
Well I'm damn near a nudist.
I think we should just get rid of clothes and this shallow idiocy man has created.

If we were all naked, there wouldn't be idiots thinking "fashion" matters.
We would save money, we could travel much lighter, it stops waste of time and water washing them.
And with nudity being a regular thing I reckon body issues and such would be in serious decline.
People wouldn't be embarassed about nudity any more, we shouldn't be, that is how we are brought into this world! It's only skin.

I reckon everyone should just be naked, fat, thin, good looking, ugly, big dicks, small dicks, sausage tits. It doesn't matter, we're all the same underneath it all, I cannot tell you how liberating it is just sitting around watching tv ******* naked in your own house. I love it.

People should be able to show as much or as little skin as they want.

This.

We all know what a naked person looks like, I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of it.
Reply 23
Well in order to get a good tan you have to wear one, and in regards to that whole French policy don't move to a country if you can't deal with their rules at the end of the day 80 percent of French people were in favour.
I imagine the burkini would be swimming costume type material so not restrictive for swimming and realistically poses no more of a bacterial threat than anyone else. The only part I would think might be a problem would be the hood, depending on how it was designed.

Personally I won't wear a bikini. I'm perfectly happy with my body and will get changed in front of anyone I know, but for an extended period of time while doing something like swimming I like something that covers me up a bit more and is more practical and secure than a bikini. Usually when I go swimming I wear short leggings, a well fitting underwired bikini bra and then a swimming vest over the top.
I don't care if anyone else wants to wear a bikini, but it's not for me.

ETA:
Original post by Soph(:
Well in order to get a good tan you have to wear one, and in regards to that whole French policy don't move to a country if you can't deal with their rules at the end of the day 80 percent of French people were in favour.

did it say anywhere that she moved there?
(edited 11 years ago)
I think we should just get rid of clothes and this shallow idiocy man has created.

We would save money, we could travel much lighter, it stops waste of time and water washing them.
And with nudity being a regular thing I reckon body issues and such would be in serious decline.
People wouldn't be embarassed about nudity any more, we shouldn't be, that is how we are brought into this world! It's only skin.

I reckon everyone should just be naked, fat, thin, good looking, ugly, big dicks, small dicks, sausage tits. It doesn't matter, we're all the same underneath it all, I cannot tell you how liberating it is just sitting around watching tv ******* naked in your own house. I love it.

How "damn near nudist" actually are you?
Can you imagine going to work in freezing cold winters with no clothes on? Having to pay to have the heating on the majority of the year to stop you getting cold because you want to be naked? :rolleyes:

I spend quite a bit of time naked at home (when temperatures allow it) and I wouldn't really call it liberating, it's just not wearing any clothes.
Reply 26
Original post by Killuminati1989
I dont get why French authorities have a problem with this. They say for 'hygeine' reasons its banned. Since when is covering your body less hygienic than not covering your body while swimming. Surely going in half naked exposing everyone to a slurry of dead skin cells, possibly urine and Staph bacteria from skin is worse.

Original post by YaaahSarah
How? the hygiene argument sounds nonsense!

Original post by justmyopinions
true, but she obviously is self-conscious.

i heard/read/was told (not 100% sure which) that they think loose fitting forms of swim wear (i.e. burkinis/boards shorts/etc) are unhygenic because the looseness allows water to flow freely through the garment and touch all parts of your body before flowing away.... if you wee what i mean...
i dunno how true thta is though...
This is the same reason I don't mind waking up and walking through our student house just in my boxers.. They're just plain black and they're no different to swimming trunks, if you think about it :wink:
Reply 28
[QUOTE="death.drop;37433207"]I imagine the burkini would be swimming costume type material so not restrictive for swimming and realistically poses no more of a bacterial threat than anyone else. The only part I would think might be a problem would be the hood, depending on how it was designed.

Personally I won't wear a bikini. I'm perfectly happy with my body and will get changed in front of anyone I know, but for an extended period of time while doing something like swimming I like something that covers me up a bit more and is more practical and secure than a bikini. Usually when I go swimming I wear short leggings, a well fitting underwired bikini bra and then a swimming vest over the top.
I don't care if anyone else wants to wear a bikini, but it's not for me.

ETA:
did it say anywhere that she moved there?[/QUOTE

I didn't mean anyone in particular, I'm talking about people in general moving there who then complain.
Nothing wrong with girls being revealing :tongue:
I just thought about it , how they evolved it to becoming a part of our culture ..
However when parents argue that a dress may be too tight / short... a bikini is much more worse.

I thought about it after reading about the Burqini

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=burkini&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CHEQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2F2%2Fhi%2F8197917.stm&ei=gP2lT430MY28-QbajZXFAg&usg=AFQjCNGZqfECGehjJLElesfNg8AcONYLDg

and i thought .. it looks okay , bit like a scuba suit with or without a hood.

I think its great for pregnant women, people who do not want to expose their body for burns and weight issues and people who don't want to tan/get sunburnt but still want to enjoy the beach.

What's yr opinion?

negged for stating an opinion. Spank you!

You've really rustled my jimmies OP!
Reply 31
I just thought about it , how they evolved it to becoming a part of our culture ..
However when parents argue that a dress may be too tight / short... a bikini is much more worse.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=burkini&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CHEQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.bbc.co.uk%2F2%2Fhi%2F8197917.stm&ei=gP2lT430MY28-QbajZXFAg&usg=AFQjCNGZqfECGehjJLElesfNg8AcONYLDg

I think its great for pregnant women, people who do not want to expose their body for burns and weight issues and people who don't want to tan/get sunburnt but still want to enjoy the beach.

What's yr opinion?

When I'm taking part in stage productions, I think it's interesting how girls I know get all flustered and frustrated if a guy accidentally walks in when we're getting changed and we're in our underwear, but have no problem walking around in a bikini. The only difference between a bikini and underwear is the material- it's still the same amount of skin! If it's embarrassing to be seen in your knickers and bra, why is it suddenly ok in a bikini? :holmes:

What's yr opinion?

all the muslim girls were wearing them in Turkey.I was disappointed
When I'm taking part in stage productions, I think it's interesting how girls I know get all flustered and frustrated if a guy accidentally walks in when we're getting changed and we're in our underwear, but have no problem walking around in a bikini. The only difference between a bikini and underwear is the material- it's still the same amount of skin! If it's embarrassing to be seen in your knickers and bra, why is it suddenly ok in a bikini?

I think the reason why people dislike being seen in their underwear is because you don't expect people to look at you in your underwear, it's private, whereas if you wear a bikini, you know people are going to be looking at you in a public arena, in a sense you choose to let people see you in a bikini.
Original post by minniiee
i heard/read/was told (not 100% sure which) that they think loose fitting forms of swim wear (i.e. burkinis/boards shorts/etc) are unhygenic because the looseness allows water to flow freely through the garment and touch all parts of your body before flowing away.... if you wee what i mean...
i dunno how true thta is though...

OMG yes!!!! I remember :0 when I was twelve I went to frame and me and y family went to the swimming pool, but we weren't allowe to wear our shorts and had to buy tight fitting ones for hygiene reasons. So, this isn't racist after all!! They did it to us. We didn't go swim because my dad wasn't comfortable wearing tight fitting things... But yeah thanks for unlocking this memory and settling this debate once and for all.
So yeah not racist, it's basic protocol.
Reply 35
Original post by Left Hand Drive
all the muslim girls were wearing them in Turkey.I was disappointed

pahahah whaaaaaaaaaaaatt?
hardly anyone in turkey wears them
not that many people are that religious in turkey
in fact you probably wouldn't know which women were muslim and which ones weren't!
Reply 36
No
nothing is too short or too revealing. this is 2012, the human body should not be something taboo in this day and age.

A refreshing post. I like that. :shakehand:
I don't really get the hygiene argument.

Can someone explain it to me? Are the French just being dicks as they usually are?

Quick Reply

Latest